Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

373 posts in this topic

Oh no! So many more new pretties! I'm trying to break my Banished addiction and you keep making it look so tempting all the time! That goes for @Kralyerg too.. wherever he may be hiding

3 people like this

I'm really liking these ramshackle buildings can you do a few houses like that?

2 people like this

The houses from the Dock Set fit in this look

3 people like this

5 hours ago, Feneris said:

I'm really liking these ramshackle buildings can you do a few houses like that?

probably could yeah

Heres 2 new buildings:

PVRmf0.jpg

4 people like this

Keen observers will note that theres been some additions we already have. Bakery. Windmill. Water Tank. Etc. The reason is, we've wanted visually better versions or more variety.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, elemental said:

More variety is always a good thing.

Agreed

Very exciting!!  )
Is it at all possible to get the storage, to be 'protein only' &/or 'fruit & veg'.  I'm finding that either my Hunters dominated the local storage which means my gatherers lose theirs, or the other way around.  If I then build added storage in the area I then find other "stuff" in there, my Bannites seem to carry odd things, and drop it like lint everywhere in barns, far far away, from where the item was originally.  (I found candles in my storage unit on the other side of the map from the trader!!).

Also, a small footprint, like Red's tiny & small medieval storage, they fit right in with the outposts. :)
You can see below how i've used Necora's Edibles storage as it's smaller than the Granary in the Medieval set, and smaller than the Meat Locker.

Screenshot84 mods.jpg

I can't wait to see how everything else comes about though :D:D:D

The storage lean to will have the different types.

1 person likes this

Very medieval. Really, you guys could make a whole game out of the assets you are creating

we know... thats also part of the point lol

3 people like this

Yes, Banished 2, without all the silly limitations. (does anyone else find it strange that Luke hasn't added an expansion or DLC or something like that? I mean a horse and cart add-on... I'd pay money for that. But no... nothing...)

I like that new white and stone theme you are creating. A dry goods storage in that style would be good.

That grey building looks good too, whatever it is.

That's a good point about a dry goods storage. 

The grey building is to be a better themed version of the edible food market, but it is not yet completed. Both will be available 

I've had fun texturing the stone at the bottom, using our typical stone texture but making it appear aged.

Speaking of the edibles market, can you take that model and make another version that stocks tools and clothing and fuel, and maybe also materials? Then the two of them could be used as separate halves of a larger market area that stocks everything that houses need. No need to change colours or textures, the point is for them to look the same (or at least very similar).

3 people like this