Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

373 posts in this topic

That way you can use them as separate economy boosts.
In 1 outpost next to a mountain I have a couple of toolmakers due to proximity of resources, but in another, on the opposite side of the map the area produces clothing & food, so having a separate market is something I always do.  Especially when the market vendors hoard items another needs, or fills it with something that I already have far too much of.
I use the "Puzzle Market" for just this reason and scatter little market pieces all over the map. :D

In other news ...  those models do look amazing :D

On 12/29/2016 at 5:43 PM, ShockPuppet said:

I redid the chandlery texture.

Anyways heres some new stuff :D

youll notice the 2 houses in the middle have "tower" attachments, much like the conservatory. Should be able to use in interesting ways.

Behind the new Old Church you can see a small stone seafarers shrine (chapel). That thing is really handy.

The lean to, which is highlighted, is also extremely useful.

Oh yeah, i made all the houses stick to the grid system so they do the rowhouse connection thing (they touch) if desired.

NBVwO8.jpg

I want to like this one over and over.  Gorgeous!

4 people like this

4 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

we know... thats also part of the point lol

Simultaneously creating assets for your game and working on CC at the same time? Smart.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Feneris said:

Simultaneously creating assets for your game and working on CC at the same time? Smart.

And also winning some fans and followers, and building a community, whilst quietly collecting a whole bunch of ideas for things that people want to see in a game. :)

3 people like this

1 hour ago, elemental said:

And also winning some fans and followers, and building a community, whilst quietly collecting a whole bunch of ideas for things that people want to see in a game. :)

LOL..... (wow he actually knows).

4 people like this

Shock might be possible to make an small barn like crates? For starting condition Adam & Eve at the begining.

I saw mod on WoB though, but i don't want download again too many mods. :P

2 people like this

4 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

A whole range of food storages for every type, plus edibles only, plus a general storage for everything.

AO3Z0a.jpg

I stole the pictures on the signs from the ones i made for the food tinneries :)

These things are so handy

*happiness :D

Last request before bed :D

I posted over on @kid1293 topic on WoB regarding the Market BBQ about adding breakfast items, but he kindly pointed out that pigs are over here :)

So, in the same lines as the Tavern Food (Pub food), and the Market BBQ, can we please have a "Breakfast Bar".
Items such as:

Bacon + eggs + firewood => bacon & eggs
Bacon + eggs + tortilla (or other) => breakfast wrap
sausages + beans + firewood => Frank n Beans
eggs + cheese + bacon => bacon omelette

Sub grouping, paella items, to make better use of the rice & seafood we farm:

Sausages + Rice + seafood => Paella (maybe add that to the Pub??)
rice + seafood + veggie
rice + seafood + seafood

rice + seaweed + seafood = yup, sushi :D

Also, inline with dairy items and honey being available:
yoghurt + berries + oats => breakfast bowl (or yoghurt + berries + honey; oats + berries + honey, etc)
Honey + water + herbs => herbal tea
honey + berries + water => berry tea

Smoothies could be:
yoghurt + milk + berries
yoghurt + milk + bananas 
Yoghurt + honey + oats

Ok, now I'm going to sleep ...  hahaha. 
I did also post my suggestions to @Redketchup on WoB in his Red Dairy

1 person likes this

since we are on the storage ideas,can we get new barns that are not markets to store logs,stone, and iron,etc?? i use the industry market from slinks small markets. i think it holds more than a pile and looks better. main problem with the market is the game sees the piles are full and sounds an alert even if the market shed is empty. thx

1 hour ago, stiles said:

can we get new barns that are not markets to store logs,stone, and iron,etc

Have you looked at the Warehouses in the storage menu?

do you mean in the megamod? i  am still using the TFA 161.

I’m really amazed by all the new buildings and and other stuff. They look really stunning. And the random ruins of past civilisations is just a brilliant idea. 

I was thinking about one thing though: would you consider avoiding signs with modern English and perhaps rather stick to signs with symbols that are interlingual and timeless? A lot of us Banishers have another language as our mother tongue, and some of us like to imagine our Banished towns to be placed in old Scandinavia, Estonia, Germany or other places, some even in some fantasy land.

9 minutes ago, Doctor_Dodo said:

I’m really amazed by all the new buildings and and other stuff. They look really stunning. And the random ruins of past civilisations is just a brilliant idea. 

I was thinking about one thing though: would you consider avoiding signs with modern English and perhaps rather stick to signs with symbols that are interlingual and timeless? A lot of us Banishers have another language as our mother tongue, and some of us like to imagine our Banished towns to be placed in old Scandinavia, Estonia, Germany or other places, some even in some fantasy land.

Yeah actually I've tried to do that. The hospital was the first one I type. I'll have a think about it :)

2 people like this

The new buildings look great in game. Even better than your earlier previews. I mentioned a dry goods warehouse in that new white/stone style but actually a grain store would be good too. It would match your new bakery.

The signs on the lean-tos... personally I don't like them. To me they look out of place, something you would expect to see in a game but not in real life. Is it possible to have a second set that don't have signs?

3 minutes ago, elemental said:

a second set that don't have signs?

Maybe just F-variants to toggle the signs? I kinda like them... 9_9

2 people like this

1 hour ago, elemental said:

Is it possible to have a second set that don't have signs?

No. I thought about this. In the old days i'd have just put a bunch of the various food 3d models around the lean-to's to convey "This is grain, this is protein". I wont be doing this kind of thing much anymore, because whilst it looks nice, i really dont like having what looks to be all that food around. Sometimes I have no food in my storage but it looks like the town is full of food.

Now, i thought about various things i could do. Drape a hessian cloth over the various lean-to's and change its colour is what appeared to be a most likely winner. But then, its important to note that if i choose blue for protein, what of the markets? What of all the other stalls and stands? Its actually a big deal, and it wont cross with other peoples mods. They might want to use green for example.

As a solution to this, the signs I have added will stay. However, i might work out some kind of cafe sign styled thing instead.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, stiles said:

do you mean in the megamod? i  am still using the TFA 161.

It's part of CC. It's in 1.62, i thought it was in 1.61.

Why are you not using 1.62?

15 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

No. I thought about this. In the old days i'd have just put a bunch of the various food 3d models around the lean-to's to convey "This is grain, this is protein". I wont be doing this kind of thing much anymore, because whilst it looks nice, i really dont like having what looks to be all that food around.

As a solution to this, the signs I have added will stay. However, i might work out some kind of cafe sign styled thing instead.

So an F variant with no sign is out of the question? That's a pity because the signs really detract from the realism for me. I'm not sure why they all need to be visually distinct from each other. If you don't know which one is which all you need to do is click on them.