Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

373 posts in this topic

This set of wall missing only corner tower or something. :P

30 minutes ago, DesoPL said:

This set of wall missing only corner tower or something. :P

just use the new brazier tower, it fit perfectly

retextured the lean to storages a little bit

t192T3.jpg

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

just use the new brazier tower, it fit perfectly

What about a roofed F-variety?

8 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

retextured the lean to storages a little bit

t192T3.jpg

Gods our town is going to look so much like a dump if we use this tileset. I love it. Would fit perfectly in an abandoned village start

4 people like this

And here is the texture being used in part on the tower piece for the new walls

zt7Jkm.jpg

And i might have to look at incorporating this new texture with the new lean to storages... maybe on 1 or 2 of them.

4 people like this

Question, are we also going to have a new weaver with this update? The old one is rather large and clunky

44 minutes ago, Feneris said:

Question, are we also going to have a new weaver with this update? The old one is rather large and clunky

I did do a new Clothier.

Weaver has been off my radar, I should probably redo it. Don't forget there's the watermill version too.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

yep. its a dump

All it needs now is a moonshine still... xD

moonshine.jpg

3 people like this

Now slowly we will have our small Alaska Last Frontier Banished Edition, i love it. :)

2 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

so heres a new Rustic Abode. This is in the same textures of the new lumber yard, combined with some town abode. It upgrades into town abode, although its rather cozy on its own

ra.jpg

That is great news to me. I really like having less sophisticated style houses for making the early start of a town.

I pretty much have all the well known mods that add other houses so that I can achieve some sort of visual progression from the quick & easy to construct, rough homes of the town's founding to the more technical architecture of its expansion into a large town. Having more houses that are rustic or "rough" is a big bonus and I also really like the visual progression provided by your rustic house - that is: - wood building, earthen foundations --> wood building, stone foundations --> stone building, stone foundations. It gives a sense of technical & construction progression and it just looks good too!

1 person likes this

So is that a door up there on the second storey of the weaver? I haven't used that weaver in a while (I generally build the waterwheel version) but from memory there is a boarded-up door on the roof, which sort of explains the crates and things.

So now to bug you... :D  Are they walking on your new leather/cloth roof to get at those crates? Are you going to increase the chance of death for weavers? Or maybe they just send the children out there on the roof to grab some cotton from one of those crates.

I like the new flat awning/roof (the old version looked a bit strange with that upwards-sloping bit) but if you're keeping the crates perhaps part of it should be timber?

1 person likes this

@elemental its a boarded up window. Theyre just placing their boxes there as the inside of the building is spilling outside

1 person likes this