Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

373 posts in this topic

Goddamnit, just when I think I've seen enough. You're certainly getting a lot of practice with this.

42 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

nothing here is finalised with this trader at all, colours, style, the works.

rQ3b4A.jpg

Not bad at all. But it looks like there should perhaps be a bit more space between the building and the boat landing area. As it is you come out that door and tumble down those steps into the river. A bit of a hazard. There would be a lot of activity in that area, lots of people movement and lots of crates, sacks, etc so it would make sense to make it a larger (and therefore safer) area. Maybe the part directly in front of the barn could be one level instead of steps? But it looks good.  :)

Couple of other minor points: the barn will be the heaviest part so it needs good support underneath. The steps should probably have another post in the middle, because that's a long span with what looks like no support underneath (Bouncy!  :D  or saggy  :/ ). I know those are niggly structural design points but things do look more convincing/realistic when you take those sorts of real-world construction issues into consideration.

Whatever you end up doing with the final design, how about 2 different colour versions?

2 people like this

While you are thinking about traders, can we please also have a luxuries supplier in the same style as the food supplier, industry supplier, farm supplier, and dry good supplier? For some reason luxuries was the only one left out. And also maybe a plain old general trader in that same style? They look really good so it would be nice to have a full set. :)

Work evolves

wp7iEL.jpg

qvmuRs.jpg

ax6u2U.jpg

4 people like this

it is 6 tiles less width, 3 tiles less high than vanilla trading post

the livestock appears inside the building :)

"Hop on in to my boat, oh children of the village, for i bring sugar cookies from a foreign land..."

7dk5HW.jpg

its hard to see but ive got horses in there :)

p1FrnB.jpg

4 people like this

You know, seeing your work right next to the vanillia buildings really makes it clear how far you've come. You guys really need to have your own game.

4 people like this

Hmm...

"Hop on in to my boat, oh children of the village, for i bring sugar cookies from a foreign land..."

Sounds suspicious. It's almost like the trader is the Pied Piper, just sayin'...

1 person likes this

You're attention to detail with the texturing is just takes everything to another level. Looks fantastic.

2 people like this

The new trader is one piece of beaty. It looks great. And I really like the guild style signs!

2 people like this

Just changing those two roof textures makes it look like a completely different building. Even better than it was before. :)

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

Hmm...

Sounds suspicious. It's almost like the trader is the Pied Piper, just sayin'...

But of course he's not, because then he'd play the fiddle, and that'd give him a whole other name... it clearly says "Trader" :) No fiddlers here.

2 people like this

I wonder could you do a market like that in parts that can be joined up? Like say an edibles and a materials markets

3 people like this

41 minutes ago, Feneris said:

I wonder could you do a market like that in parts that can be joined up? Like say an edibles and a materials markets

yeah i thought that too

For 1.7, this is a market. Later on I will hope to make it an empty cover, and you will be able to build special market stalls of many types and arrangements inside. Its far too much work for me at the moment though to do that, I want to work on many other things right now too.

3 people like this

Love that new market. :)  I know I keep asking for more texture variants, but could you please please please make another version using one of your other roof textures, just for a bit more variety? Maybe something less rustic, like the roof seen on the coaching inn? This one looks great but having a couple of versions to choose from is always a good thing. :)

3 people like this

1 hour ago, elemental said:

another version using one of your other roof textures

Yeah I tried it with officer townhouse roof and it also looked good

2 people like this

Great Stuff in Here. I really dig the more gritty Look of the new buildings. Quick question: the mega Mod Download page says it including CC 1.7 Alpha 007. How much of this is including there?

And a Suggestion: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiekhaus

Sorry, No other languages available. Its basicly Towers in the Wall that Developed into houses or houses Sitting on the Wall that could Serve as Towers in case of an Attack.

Also those pics are of walls of average Size cities in north east germany. They are simple walls without Space to Walk on top. Any Chance I can get a one Square Wide "simple" Wall?

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, jesta said:

the mega Mod Download page says it including CC 1.7 Alpha 007. How much of this is including there?

Nothing in this thread is included in the current 0.06 version of MegaMod. :)

2 people like this