Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

370 posts in this topic

Looks very well improved! Thank you

Is it the same size as well? Looks a bit larger

@josito thank you! It's 1 line of tiles bigger... Unintended actually but it's still a good size in game.

I made it about the same height, but the small windows give a pretend feeling of extra height. It's ok though, because in real life such buildings were very large, often referred to as "manufactory" (Colonial Williamsburg Manufactory for weaving textiles was an important place)

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, elemental said:

Nice. Will the old versions still be available?

we usually do. we might. its possible. I dont really know yet. Its more than likely, maybe. I'd say so, possibly.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

how you can pond like 20 meshes per day, Shock ?? lollll

Lol, really I'm being honest: I get annoyed and it gives me energy.

Annoyed because I want things to be better all the time. I can't do things alone though everyone helps each other just I think I make the most forum posts.

1 person likes this

you are a robot, i think my friend ^^

hehehe

2 people like this

What's more impressive is the sheer amount of posting and PM's he deals with on top of it all. 

2 people like this

I really like that style. So any idea when 1.7 will be finished? A week? A month? Longer?

1 hour ago, ShockPuppet said:

Not a month.

We are adding a special building, making it function correct. A few minor edits, I want the new city wall bridge system to have darker colour underwater for example. Then some balance. Then a test.

We've got a spreadsheet of stuff we want for 1.7 and technically it's been feature frozen for a while. I have this habit of making more entries every time we tick one off... We've gone rogue a bit, I mean "off spreadsheet" in that there's still stuff being added. I think it's winding down now, the problem is I really, really want to make a banana orchard.

Will 1.7 be released with a megamod update? Or just stand alone for now.

32 minutes ago, elemental said:

Queenslanders... LOL

But that would look good in your tropical maps. And then next time you can do mangoes and avocados.

I really wanted to see a huge Victorian era glasshouse that has tropical fruit trees in it but apparently it's not possible to have glass that actually looks like glass. Sad. :(

I think with some clever texturing and using all those arches and cross beams, and the curves, most of the glass is broken up anyway. To simulate, I'd use a single plane with a semi transparent dirty/hazy/cracked etc texture behind all the iron work. We wouldn't have reflections though, so not really glass. But early glass was far from being perfect anyway. :) I'd give it a go if I didn't already have enough to do.

26 minutes ago, cainacol12 said:

Will 1.7 be released with a megamod update? Or just stand alone for now.

Just alone for now.

42 minutes ago, elemental said:

Queenslanders... LOL

Lol barely, all my family live in London. 

2 minutes ago, Discrepancy said:

To simulate, I'd use a single plane with a semi transparent dirty/hazy/cracked etc texture behind all the iron work.

I've thought about that too. Creeping vines also came to mind.

The problem with alpha textures in banished is if they're details are to high and not big enough it doesn't render nice. Like Hessian cloth, you'll never see individual holes. The best you could hope for is wood latticework size.

Great work on the update, it looks rather splendid.

A query regarding the deer on those castle walls - if they can walk up there, can the wall top be used as a foundation for building placement and not just feet or hooves?