Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

373 posts in this topic
13 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

Covered bridge

MmTZL5.jpg

not to  picky but shouldn't those bottom timbers run the other way so they span the creek or river?? also as a carpenter it gives you something to nail or attach the floor of the bridge to.

8 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

e05coW.jpg

Amazing :shape13:

I can has  Now ¬¬;):shape12::shape12::shape12:

:D

2 people like this

Said this before, ghost canon for the wall, please. :face48:

This is looking extremely nice.

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Denis de la Rive said:

Said this before, ghost canon for the wall, please. :face48:

This is looking extremely nice.

Ghost cannon eh? Alright, but it will have to be specific to this wall type :) 

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

Ghost cannon eh? Alright, but it will have to be specific to this wall type :) 

Exactly what I had in mind, got to keep those "Bastonais" away from my cities in New France! :D

2 people like this

Can we except CC 1.7 will be added to megamod with latest version of DS Small Viliage or The North mods? :)

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, DesoPL said:

Can we except CC 1.7 will be added to megamod with latest version of DS Small Viliage or The North mods? :)

It will get added to megamod after release yes. I hope we can have it with updated DS Village :)  

The guy who makes The North mod declined our request, so no.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

1crIfE.jpg

Is it possible to add storage, blacksmith, etc things to the wall. They would be awesome.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, cainacol12 said:

Is it possible to add storage, blacksmith, etc things to the wall. They would be awesome.

That is a great idea :)

+1 to @cainacol12's suggestion

2 people like this

14 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

something cool and unintended, 2 creek bridges beside each other :)

7OQAsR.jpg

This is awesome. The whole lot is awesome. A technical question... the 'rough' look you give to the wooden planks, is that trickery with the 3D model or is it trickery with the texture? (I know a magician never reveals his tricks, so I won't be offended!)

3 people like this

9 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

Yep, would just need to figure it out.

Edit:

Some more information about this.

It would be like a dream for me to have a building set designed to seamlessly blend with the walls. I'd like to mention that the walls themselves will be released stand alone should someone want them without cc or megamod. 

I've built them from scratch, so I'll be releasing the files of them as source for anyone to work with. I don't know if anyone will, but they are easy to use as I've designed them with banished grid system in mind.

I'd love to see a range of buildings interact with the walls; from a humble wooden lean-to where a Smith works iron, to a stone house or gate trading office.

It's my intention to explore those options but I don't know when.

I remember in Stronghold series, when you put palisade or stone wall, you can put some buildings there and looks like that.

jerinin_grad_grabovac6.jpg\

Look at the buildings at walls, they got diffrent roof etc. Wonder if might be possible option in Banished like that.

1 person likes this