Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

373 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, Necora said:

the 'rough' look you give to the wooden planks, is that trickery with the 3D model or is it trickery with the texture?

It's the texture :)

edit:

@Necora specifically, this one:

(oversized original)

cc17OldBridgeWalkway.png

Edited by ShockPuppet
texture file
2 people like this

ShockPuppet, yes  the modualr idea does give you so many options. your milk unit looks like an old steam boiler.lol. the only idea i come up with is an old milk cooler for milk cans or an ice house. but that does not help production.hmm what bout a shipping platform with the barrels instead??how much more production do others want? i like the texture of your barn doors,but could it be painted a faded red??? or use the wood gain of the doors to the walls under that red?

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, stiles said:

ShockPuppet, yes  the modualr idea does give you so many options. your milk unit looks like an old steam boiler.lol. the only idea i come up with is an old milk cooler for milk cans or an ice house. but that does not help production.hmm what bout a shipping platform with the barrels instead??how much more production do others want? i like the texture of your barn doors,but could it be painted a faded red??? or use the wood gain of the doors to the walls under that red?

It does look a bit much, wait until I milkify it (hey a new word!)

I'll look at tweaking the door colour yeah :)

I'll make some additional tweaks you've given me an idea about something 

2 people like this

Now i miss only some ruins or something, and i will got perfect city builder. ;)

2 people like this

oh am good at hang ideas. but i dont want to upset or confuse modders who work so hard.

2 people like this

did you check out the colonial barn set at WOB? do i dare ask how you get the ice up over that milk vat?? i could see uses for that little shed thou... couple small windows and we have a chicken coop. i'm goina get sent to the corner soon huh?

1 person likes this

Nice. Can I suggest making the milk boiler thing an optional extra? It looks a bit scary. :animal12::o

The red and white looks good but perhaps a brown version might also be nice. There aren't many red and white buildings but there are lots of brown/grey buildings. Or are you planning a whole set of red and white farm buildings?

Edited by elemental
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, elemental said:

Nice. Can I suggest making the milk boiler thing an optional extra? It looks a bit scary. :animal12::o

its an F variant now

The red and white looks good but perhaps a brown version might also be nice.

we have more red and white in 1.7 :)

Or are you planning a whole set of red and white farm buildings?

Indeed, but probably as an add-on later. 

4 hours ago, stiles said:

do i dare ask how you get the ice up over that milk vat??

With the power of imagination :shape4::heart1:

2 people like this

guess thats better than fairies at least.

ELEMNTAL did u see the colonial barn set? silo,expandable barn,and pasture shed?

21 minutes ago, Denis de la Rive said:

Looking fine. :D

Thank you my friend :)

So a little update, I've made 5 new plants. They are tropical shrubs. There will be a new kind of jungle start that uses them across the map. I intend to make some kind of primitive stone idol that will also appear across the map on this new jungle start. There will be a great many rivers. It should be an interesting option and if nothing else, at least that'll be 5 more decorative ghost plants for your maps.

3 people like this

@ShockPuppet awesome. I am glad you are adding some color to the buildings, I am planning on doing the same for some of the more advanced ones I have in the works. A lot of the old 1800s buildings around here are quite colorful. I'm not sure if that is a more modern thing or if they have always been so, but it seems that once people got passed the initial 'survival' period of the late 1700s they began to decorate more. That is why my more advanced buildings will have red, green, yellow etc. based on the historic sites around here. If you want a good idea, Sherbrooke Historic Village in Nova Scotia is a restored 1800s village just down the road from me and has some great colored buildings. This is where I will be taking some inspiration for later buildings, the blacksmith and particularly that awesome water lumber mill.

Edited by Necora
3 people like this

13 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

Ship from Wharf and Ship

Would that be for the new Ship Wreck starting condition, or just a ship wrecked decor piece? Or do we have to wait to find out?  Your such a tease. ¬¬

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, PredatorBeing said:

Ship Wreck starting condition, or just a ship wrecked decor piece?

Thats an affirmative for start condition. As a decor, yeah it should be too.

1 person likes this