Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

373 posts in this topic

About the roads: I would chose the red/brown one.

Loving the updates btw, it looks fabulous!

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

The new terrain types are Jungle Rivers and Cold Valley

And the new swamp lake map type introduced in mega-mod, I hope? o.O

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

The issue is, people will just want normal wells that dont have a work station etc etc. Perhaps we should have an add on that enables all our water stuff (ponds etc) as water product capable.

An upgrade/add-on is one option. Or you could just make a special working version of a well/fountain. You'd rarely want the working ones anyway, seeing as there isn't really much use for water in the game right now.

Fountains... will they require copper pipes? Because that sounds like a good use for one of the more advanced CC materials.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

Cold Valley map with Northern Pines (hard)

W17b8R.jpg

Ive wanted a pines only map for a while, so i made one.

Theres 5 shapes of new pine. I had to re-learn how to add animations for trees in Banished, been a long time.

Edit: a widening of their trunks has occurred :)

I really like this one.

4 hours ago, cainacol12 said:

I really like this one.

yeah, I remember the texture of ground of Rogue Encampment and Tristram from Diablo 2

2 people like this

Alaska style map confirmed? **** yeah!

1 person likes this

Shock any chances that Alaska style map will be possible for lake waters and flat plains? <3

Just wanted to say how much in awe I am of the work you do on Banished. Every time I visit the forums and see the new work on CC v1.7 my mouth waters.  Is there any timeline on a release? Spring? Summer? Tomorrow?  LOL

And Happy Holidays, whatever your flavour, to all members and devs. May 2017 be all you've hoped for, and more.

Just that one pic is certainly an improvement on what they are now. Looks good in that landscape too.

Any chance we are getting a xmas present in the form of 1.7 (hehehe) :D

1 person likes this

Thank you for the update! And no rush, we're happy to wait for that awesome update that's coming. Happy New Year everybody! :shape3:

3 people like this