Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Designing Colonial Charter 1.7

Designing Colonial Charter 1.7   121 members have voted

1. 1. What map type would you like to see added?

• Plains / Grassland
    • Rocks / Mountain
    • Jungle / Rivers
    • Something Else (Please comment)
  2. 2. What start condition would you like to have?

• Shipwreck
    • Abandoned Village
    • Ruins
  3. 3. Any new buildings preferred?

• Expand Existing Themed Sets
    • New Housing
    • Artisans (Museum, Painting School etc)
    • Town & Garden Decorations

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
73 posts in this topic
On 11/26/2016 at 2:29 PM, gowiththeflow said:

HI

No 1 I would like to see a mixture of valleys rivers and water lakes. I live in a area with valleys,river and lakes or dam very different to vanilla valleys

Cheers

Ride the waves of life Go With The Flow

12 hours ago, WatersMoon110 said:

Unfortunately maps are generated randomly (from the seed number). It would have to be a randomly generated map that just happened to resemble a real place

Agreed, a random seed is generated. Yet if i use the same seed i get the same map, no? Having not yet looked under the hood of this game please excuse any ignorance. Perhaps more than a CC type of update...

is there a method for generating more than one "climate" on a map?

9_9

loving the mini mods! Perfect for adam and eve start !

8 hours ago, thethirdapple said:

is there a method for generating more than one "climate" on a map?

I don't think so.

1 person likes this

On 27/11/2016 at 3:40 AM, Deranged Monkey said:

A Start with a large prebuilt city but is unstable.  I.e., you have just been elected Governor of a failing colony.  E.g., a 400 person city with a huge shortage of supplies or tools or timber or food, and not enough jobs so an excess Labor pool.

This is something that would be an interesting addition. I' ve started so many towns that those first few years are more of a chore cause they are always very similar and those early years towns dont realy look like a real town cause i build them to fit the design of the later developed city.

Thats why i would like a prebulit disfunctional city to improve on. I was thinking something smaller(50-100 people) where there are basic services(tailor,choper,toolmaker) but a town is focused on a single production like a miners city, or a big plantation, big orchard or the like...

People are uneducated, unhappy and unhealty whith short supplies of everything. This could be very good for role playing, you are a new governor traying to save a dying city or a local boy making your city a nice place to live in.

Another thing i would like is the option of more starting seeds cause its not very realistic and imersive when i can only grow watermelons on a mountain map.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Canemane said:

I' ve started so many towns that those first few years are more of a chore

I'm with you on that one... I mean I do like a good challenge as well, playing a round of Adam and Eve or No Edu or The North or such... but to get over the first 10-year hump gets old when you're burning to build a fancy town with all the goodies stacked up in our menus... 9_9

So yeah, a different type of Starting Condition sounds good to me - some nice ideas in this thread...

its not very realistic and imersive when i can only grow watermelons on a mountain map.

<chuckling>  ;)

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, WatersMoon110 said:

You mean only deciduous trees? Or just one that is sunny (and warm looking)?

Actually both and terrain as well.

1 person likes this

I like large Lake Waters maps and I wouldn't mind seeing a lake map with more hills. Apart from that I'm not particularly interested in start conditions and map type.

CC has added so much to the game that more new things aren't really needed. Go ahead and add stuff if you have good idea, but I'd be happy to see new versions of existing buildings. Don't just write that off as boring - it's not. :)  There are a number of buildings where only one model is available. Hebalist, apothecary, preserver, smokehouse, salting house, etc. Some new versions of old production buildings in the style of the colonial houses and country houses, for example, would be great.

Also new decorative stuff. It's the little details that make a town immersive. Paeng makes that clear every time he posts a pic.

3 people like this

4 hours ago, elemental said:

I like large Lake Waters maps and I wouldn't mind seeing a lake map with more hills. Apart from that I'm not particularly interested in start conditions and map type.

CC has added so much to the game that more new things aren't really needed. Go ahead and add stuff if you have good idea, but I'd be happy to see new versions of existing buildings. Don't just write that off as boring - it's not. :)  There are a number of buildings where only one model is available. Hebalist, apothecary, preserver, smokehouse, salting house, etc. Some new versions of old production buildings in the style of the colonial houses and country houses, for example, would be great.

Also new decorative stuff. It's the little details that make a town immersive. Paeng makes that clear every time he posts a pic.

Even though I voted for Jungle, Ruins and Museum, I have to agree with you about the Existing Buildings.  We could use more varieties/ models of some of  these.   

So that way you can theme up your map.  No matter if you make a bunch of smaller towns spread out across the map or whether you make one big interconnected City across the whole map, this would be a nice addition.

So you can stay theme based across the the many neighborhoods or various towns you make.

I know me myself I tend to use different types of houses in different types of places and I like to construct buildings in that area based off my house choices.

But sometimes this is just not possible due to lacking a building that fits my theme in that area. 

Boston Houses close to the big water areas.  Log Cabins buried under a sea of pine tress, etc.

I love the Dock Theme set especially for this , because it is all one theme and is built out in a big water area. :)

1 person likes this

Yes there are definitely gaps in building themes in CC that could be filled. I certainly don't want to see every building replicated in every theme, but a few more options here and there would be nice. Especially for the buildings that only have one option at present.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, elemental said:

Yes there are definitely gaps in building themes in CC that could be filled. I certainly don't want to see every building replicated in every theme, but a few more options here and there would be nice. Especially for the buildings that only have one option at present.

I am selfish and do want all the buildings in all the themes. *wink*

Seriously though, I do feel a little sad to hit F and not have at least one alternate version of a building come up. I really love when one or more do, too! And I always want to find buildings that match, for different sections of my map. I might get a little too obsessive about it too, since I've removed buildings just to replace them with an alternate version. *grin*

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, WatersMoon110 said:

I am selfish and do want all the buildings in all the themes. *wink*

Seriously though, I do feel a little sad to hit F and not have at least one alternate version of a building come up. I really love when one or more do, too! And I always want to find buildings that match, for different sections of my map. I might get a little too obsessive about it too, since I've removed buildings just to replace them with an alternate version. *grin*

My OCD screams each time I can't find something that fits together right  :D

1 person likes this

Hi Guys.

What I would like to see in a future version, would be more upgrades to buildings, so they can be more eficiente and produce more stuff. There are already lots of upgrades but I would like to see even more.

Some upgrades could required special items like books, muskets, fishing nets.

It would be fun to be able to upgrade na hunter cabine using muskets, a fishery with fishing nets, a farm with Books (maybe weather atlas create by a new ancient observatory building).

I also would like to have more ways to use raw food, having new receipts maybe.

just a few ideas. I will put here some more thougts whenever i dont Forget them.

2 people like this

I would love see some goverment decorations such police or something like that. Eventually more wild west buildings. :)

2 people like this

6 hours ago, paulojl said:

It would be fun to be able to upgrade na hunter cabine using muskets, a fishery with fishing nets, a farm with Books (maybe weather atlas create by a new ancient observatory building).

I like the fishing net idea. Maybe fishing nets could increase a fishing dock's range, effectively leading to an increase in fish caught.

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, elemental said:

I like the fishing net idea. Maybe fishing nets could increase a fishing dock's range, effectively leading to an increase in fish caught.

I wonder if that is possible? It would be pretty cool if it was.

Upgraded buildings can't take up any more space than the building they are upgraded from. I don't know if the range can change.

1 person likes this

I don't know. :|  But even if we can't upgrade, it should be possible to have a separate super fishing dock that does have a larger range. It would just need nets as a building ingredient/requirement.

This touches on something I've thought about before. Building requirements are generally overly simple. Stone, iron, wood. Lumber, building supplies, homewares for some advanced CC buildings. I really like the building supplies/homewares system and I think it could be taken further.

It would be interesting if some buildings required more specific construction "ingredients". A super fishing dock could be made from wood, stone, plus a special "super fishing dock building supplies". So you would have to actually make/import the fishing nets and then package them into a special fishing dock building supplies kit with whatever else might be required (small boat hulls perhaps?).

Similarly a distillery should require a still. A bakery should require and oven (or four). A sugar boiler should require vats or basins. A church should require stained glass and maybe a fancy hardwood alter and/or pews. A glass maker and a potter should require a furnace and a forge should require an even bigger furnace. A windmill should require at the very least a grindstone, and maybe gears and sails too. An advanced school might even require books. (bolded to catch the attention of those who are just skimming :) )

This would make it more challenging to build certain buildings. I know that not everyone would want CC to head in this direction, but some people do prefer more of a challenge and more realism. I would really love to see a system like this implemented for some of the more advanced buildings. Even if it was an optional add-on mod. :)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, elemental said:

I don't know. :|  But even if we can't upgrade, it should be possible to have a separate super fishing dock that does have a larger range. It would just need nets as a building ingredient/requirement.

This touches on something I've thought about before. Building requirements are generally overly simple. Stone, iron, wood. Lumber, building supplies, homewares for some advanced CC buildings. I really like the building supplies/homewares system and I think it could be taken further.

It would be interesting if some buildings required more specific construction "ingredients". A super fishing dock could be made from wood, stone, plus a special "super fishing dock building supplies". So you would have to actually make/import the fishing nets and then package them into a special fishing dock building supplies kit with whatever else might be required (small boat hulls perhaps?).

Similarly a distillery should require a still. A bakery should require and oven (or four). A sugar boiler should require vats or basins. A church should require stained glass and maybe a fancy hardwood alter and/or pews. A glass maker and a potter should require a furnace and a forge should require an even bigger furnace. A windmill should require at the very least a grindstone, and maybe gears and sails too. An advanced school might even require books. (bolded to catch the attention of those who are just skimming :) )

This would make it more challenging to build certain buildings. I know that not everyone would want CC to head in this direction, but some people do prefer more of a challenge and more realism. I would really love to see a system like this implemented for some of the more advanced buildings. Even if it was an optional add-on mod. :)

The "optional" method I would agree to.

But if the "bolded areas" are things you would like to see implemented in order to build it even right from the start, I can see only one problem with it.

The Fishing Dock.

Lots of people use that right out of the gate to feed their beginning game people with. Since it is pretty easy to build.

I know when I don't use Debug to fast build a place, this is one of the very first things I get down.

That and a Hunter.

I hate using Debug, I feel like a cheater :(

But I only use it to help me with Stone at the start, to add 8-12 more people so building and such can go faster, and to give me the things I need real quick to build a building I need to put up so I can move forward.

The rest of the time I use the normal, non-cheating (without Debug) method.

But your ideas do make sense. :)

1 person likes this

great ideas @elemental :) you have so many of them. Always gets me thinking.

2 people like this