Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Watching or Listening to anything right now?

50 posts in this topic

Im working on CC in 3d and listening to an Australian band from about 20 years ago called Powderfinger.

i'm also watching a great ship building series called SV Seeker:

What about you?

3 people like this

6 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

Im working on CC in 3d and listening to an Australian band from about 20 years ago called Powderfinger.

Triple J in the 90s. :)  Does it make me old if say I bought the first Hottest 100 CD?

4 people like this

Just now, elemental said:

Triple J in the 90s. :)  Does it make me old if say I bought the first Hottest 100 CD?

Hey that's probably worth a bit if you still have it! :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, elemental said:

My first buy was number volume 4, got me into Tool, I soon bought the proceeding volumes, I think i got them all until volume 14 or 15, by that time though I'd lost interest in most of triple j's music, i kept buying the cd's just to collect, but it had to stop at some point.

the 90's music was best, some early-mid 00's, then triple J went down, fast for my liking

i've always liked powderfinger, but the aus music that has got me is mostly a bit heavier: scarymother, cog, karnivool, butterfly effect, dead letter circus, also a few local bands to adl.

I haven't been watching anything lately, apart from grand designs... i bought latest game of thrones to watch.

1 person likes this

I'm actually listening to kpop right now. In particular Cheer up by twice. Trying to get some cleaning done before I get lost in banish for hours. :x Any one listen to it or even ever heard of it. Its nice to find fellow kpoppers. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about kpop is korean popular music. Lots of groups 4 - 9 members most of the time. Catchy hooks and iconic dance moves.

2 people like this

I usually listen to David Guetta, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Hardwell, Martin Garrix  = that all gets the blood pumping and the work done (while I dance in my chair)

When I need to Relax and be Serious I listen to Soundtracks   Crysis (all), Halo (all), Mass Effect (all), Elder Scrolls (Obliv, Morro & Skyrim). Fable,  and throw in a little Blue Man Group & Imagine Dragons

For my rap, I go to Eminem

I also have a big collection of FOB, 3 Doors Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, Five Finger Death Punch, Lordi, Lacrimosa, Lacuna Coil, P!nk, Red, Rihanna, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Three Days Grace.

I listen to what ever suits my mood at the time... and sometimes Silence :)

Edited by rejectedegg
2 people like this

right now?

The Brew - A Million Dead Stars

And now

Whoopie Cat  (2016)

2 people like this

On 12/7/2016 at 1:02 PM, elemental said:

Umm, no..., it makes you old if you remember that Triple J used to be called 2JJJ before the 1990s and they were originally 2JJ changing to 2JJJ when they began broadcasting in the FM band.

I remember that...

I remember AM radio...

But I plan to live to about 125-130 so I'm not even middle-aged yet. xD

2 people like this

Double J was well before my time. But I did hop on board after they'd gone to the other capitals but before they went regional. For that we can thank Keating. He loved the J's.

3 people like this

Don't judge... I'm currently hooked on Jane the Virgin... It's a show in case you're not familiar with it... 💗

2 people like this

11 hours ago, elemental said:

Double J was well before my time. But I did hop on board after they'd gone to the other capitals but before they went regional. For that we can thank Keating. He loved the J's.

Yeah Double J was not a station that I had any connection to because they only broadcast in Sydney and I was on the other side of the country. I was living in Sydney in the mid-80s and by that time they had changed to 2JJJ and were morphing into Triple J, however they weren't any better than the other stations in my opinion and I didn't listen to them much (my personal fav Sydney station at the time was Triple M with the likes of Doug Mulray & Johnno Coleman as DJs).

By the time Triple J had began broadcasting nationwide I was living in Kalgoorlie and when you have two radio stations, one local and one the government owned national broadcaster, Triple J was something pretty damned new & amazing for most folks in a country town. Triple J wasn't anything new to me because I had lived in a a few other places by then (Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, Sydney) but for those people who'd only lived in Kalgoorlie or thereabouts it was a big deal.

3 people like this

All these other people must think we're crazy, talking about a radio station. But commercial radio was mind-numbingly boring and the Jays had swearing DJs and songs with rude words in them and songs and bands that you've never heard of before - and no ads! What else could young people want! :)

I also remember Uncle Dougie (who started out on Double J, surprise surprise) and his various characters. Some of his old stuff is on youtube.

Edited by elemental
4 people like this

15 hours ago, elemental said:

All these other people must think we're crazy, talking about a radio station. But commercial radio was mind-numbingly boring and the Jays had swearing DJs and songs with rude words in them and songs and bands that you've never heard of before - and no ads! What else could young people want! :)

I also remember Uncle Dougie (who started out on Double J, surprise surprise) and his various characters. Some of his old stuff is on youtube.

:D

Oh yeah!

The J's were pretty much guaranteed to be "not your daddy's radio station" and they did quite a bit to promote Australian bands/music rather than just playing the Top 40 chart (over and over and over again like every damned commercial station!)

2 people like this

Spent time trying to find a song on YouTube that represents where our daughter is in life. She's currently working 3 jobs and finishing her masters in school counseling.  She chose the old Tennessee Ernie Ford song "16 Tons" sung by ZZ Top and Jeff Beck: Here

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Spent time trying to find a song on YouTube that represents where our daughter is in life. She's currently working 3 jobs and finishing her masters in school counseling.  She chose the old Tennessee Ernie Ford song "16 Tons" sung by ZZ Top and Jeff Beck: Here

I was fortunate to have parents that liked a wide variety of music and so I gained an appreciation of music that was outside the expected tastes of my generation. 16 Tons is from about a decade or more before I was born but it's one of my favourite "oldies" though I must admit the ZZ Top rendition is pretty good.

I think I can understand why your daughter chose it, "...another day older and deeper in debt", after working for a company that didn't place any value on its workers, it sounds like my life for the last few years!

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

after working for a company that didn't place any value on its workers

I have stories about this that take the absolute cake. We should write a book.

1 person likes this

Watching Ted Talks, interspursed with listening to Christmas carols and this:

Some SciShow and D-News as well.

3 people like this

Right now I'm listening to cicadas. Thankfully we don't have the super-noisy all-day-long ones this year.

4 people like this

22 minutes ago, elemental said:

Right now I'm listening to cicadas. Thankfully we don't have the super-noisy all-day-long ones this year.

I remember staying in the hills north-east of Newcastle and hearing them all day. I don't have them where I am now though.

I always enjoy listening to this song...

Edited by Discrepancy
2 people like this

I have a broad taste in music and am quite happy listening to songs from 1950s to today, classical music, more modern instrumental pieces and foreign language songs. My library for my computer has something silly like four thousand or more tracks in it so I can get a fairly eclectic mix when I set it to random play.

In the last couple of hours while scouring the net and catching up on emails I have listened to the following along with a bunch of other songs that I don't recall at the moment: -

Machinations - No Say In It (The Tapeaters Remix)

The Doors - People Are Strange

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart (Permanent Mix)

SHOW-YA - Watashi wa Arashi

Killing Joke - Love Like Blood (one of my top fav songs of all time, love that bass guitar)