Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Watching or Listening to anything right now?

55 posts in this topic

Is it too early for this? A bittersweet love song/Christmas song.

Fairytale of New York

Warning: bad language and bad teeth. Skip to about 01.20 if you don't like the somewhat dreary intro (but I would suggest you don't).

(and how do you embed a video?)

2 people like this

5 hours ago, elemental said:

Just use the normal youtube link, not the embed code. It will automatically add it. so for above it will look like this:

all i did was post direct link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8

Edited by Discrepancy
3 people like this

this is my Christmas anthem: (*Warning, contains some rude words...)

every day I listen to at least 1 Tom Waits song :)

Edited by Discrepancy
2 people like this

Together we will destroy the burning legion!

1 person likes this

Enjoyed listening to that. There's some excellent music from games and movies. Thanks for posting.

On 12/15/2016 at 9:13 AM, elemental said:

Is it too early for this? A bittersweet love song/Christmas song.

Fairytale of New York

Warning: bad language and bad teeth. Skip to about 01.20 if you don't like the somewhat dreary intro (but I would suggest you don't).

Eh, I don't really care about Christmas or love songs but I'll listen to bittersweet and I'll listen to The Pogues pretty much any time!

1 person likes this

On 12/13/2016 at 1:45 AM, estherhb said:

"16 Tons" sung by ZZ Top and Jeff Beck: Here

I love ZZ Top.  I hadn't heard this, but it's great.

2 people like this

I've got all manner of annoying yet addictive Christmas jingles stuck in my head.

They're competing with each other and sort of merging into one.

I've been listening to old rock songs to try and drown them out.

2 people like this

Thanks to my 5yo little girl it is the Trolls soundtrack nonstop. O.o

3 people like this

Right now...

Havana Moon - The Rolling Stones in Cuba

Ancient rock'n'rollers playing for a million people ages 8 to 80... great fun  :shape2:

3 people like this

Right at this moment - Lash singing Don't Ever Make My Mind up

1 person likes this

My hatred burns though my veins...

1 hour ago, Denis de la Rive said:

This is fun

12) Pokemon - a Rastafarian proctologist

Muhahaha... xD

2 people like this

I need something to zone out with ... 

I have 3 of us in the same room, only 1 person has their headphones on, but are still 'communicating' with their mates ingame.  15yr old boy playing CS:GO and I'm just rolling my eyes.
Husband, who makes me suffer, is flying in Sim, cross country, I have hours (hoooouuuuurrrrrssssssss) to listen to plane whirring and announcements.  

Meanwhile I also have the airconditioner whirring in the background and every present earthrob with it.   My meditations don't cut through all of that white noise, haha.

So, I think maybe some Aussie Rock n Roll, Barnesy or AC/DC, or even some old school Big Hair Rock, Gunners, Poison, Meat, and slip in a little Danzig & Metallica.  4 Non Blondes, Cher & something like, Rocky Horror & even Stuck in the Middle with You, which seems highly appropriate.  

Now, to get my old harddrive plugged in to retrieve my escapism :D  I'll be back!  haha.

2 people like this

@QueryEverything I just read your last post and in a bit of a coincidence, as I was reading it I was listening to Wild Colonial Boy by Cold Chisel and just after Chisel my music player queued up (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais by The Clash. One song before Wild Colonial Boy it played Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere) by Meatloaf.

B| :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

@QueryEverything I just read your last post and in a bit of a coincidence, as I was reading it I was listening to Wild Colonial Boy by Cold Chisel and just after Chisel my music player queued up (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais by The Clash. One song before Wild Colonial Boy it played Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere) by Meatloaf.

B| :D

Adds to the playlist I just created on YouTube.  Can't be arsed going through harddrives, YouTube is good enough :)  
Great choices there, especially Chisel :x

So, I got music hungry today and well, got lost in YouTube! 

Spoiler

I found this one and currently have this playlist playing:

Spoiler

The one I've made for now, will probably alter it later:

Spoiler

Edited by QueryEverything
1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

Adds to the playlist I just created on YouTube.  Can't be arsed going through harddrives, YouTube is good enough :)  
Great choices there, especially Chisel :x

I have random disconnections from the net at times or I get packet loss so as much as I'd be happy to have a playlist on YouTube, it's less frustrating to run it from my hard-drive. The cable in my area is old and needs to be replaced but they won't do so because the NBN is "coming soon"... except that in my area the "coming soon" means some time in the next three or four years :(

And as for music, I have a wide range of likes but naturally enough I have a special place for a lot of the Aussie & Kiwi acts from the late 70s, the 80s and early 90s. So Chisel will always be on my playlist along with Icehouse and Australian Crawl, among others!

1 person likes this

New mixed playlist for today's inspiration :)

Spoiler

1 person likes this