Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

A note about CC 1.7

I actually really like this idea @ShockPuppet :)

30 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

I have a feeling of making places feel "lived in", be they hamlet or city.

Think about it. There's no prams for the young or rocking chairs for the old. No kids playgrounds. Where's the life? You know, that feeling that people are more than cogs in a wheel of some production chain.

I agree, just wish our people could actually use those items.  I.E.  sit on benches , rocking chairs, children sliding down the slide, etc.

But I know you all are limited on what you can and can not do with this game.  If you had more control I firmly believe we would already be able to do those kind of things   :)

1 person likes this

On 12/8/2016 at 8:36 AM, ShockPuppet said:

So what I'm saying is that 1.7 will seem fairly plain compared to previous versions. It won't alter your game significantly, but it will give more options for the look and feel of your towns.

This is actually what I've been wanting the most for banished. I love this path your going with 1.7. As i'm all about small towns and starting tiny this is just what I need. Home-y touches to make the town really come alive.

1 person likes this

While I do use MM, I know some of this stuff is already in CC (newer versions) and in MM.  I can't recall if it is in EA or CotGL or not , but I am pretty sure its in NF and TFA.

In one of the versions either Kralyerg or ShockPuppet rearranged where things were located.  And so it can be a bit confusing to find some of the things now. 

You just have to keep clicking buttons and reading everything until you find what you want. :)

On 12/9/2016 at 7:43 AM, Necora said:

One idea I have is to give more of a chain to fisheries, which are a large component of colonial life around here. It would start with a shore fisher for mussels etc., then have a basic boat builder (all small fishing towns had one) which can produce hull components at a slow rate (also a small slow linen maker too), which you can use to make an inshore fisher for lobster and fish, then an advanced offshore fisher for things like whale.

Hull Components.png

Tidal Pool.png

Whaling.png

And I can't remember but its either the Tidal Pool or the Wharf that brings back things like Lobster and other things as well.

Edited by rejectedegg
1 person likes this

I would also be willing to make a quick town for you with those things built in them so you can see how they look.  

They may be too large for your tastes and maybe you are wanting a slimmed down version, not sure.  

But I do know most of the foods and resources you mentioned are already here.

I would like to see like Fishing expanded upon that would be sweet.  Like @cainacol12 already suggested in another thread.  The addition of Tuna, Salmon, and the more popular fish of choice by Fish eaters.

I myself can't eat shellfish, and because of that I don't eat any fish either.

Edited by rejectedegg

@rejectedegg... I know they exist, i use them a fair bit, but my idea was more to add to this and change the chains/species fished, while making it into a set that fits together and as part of a bigger colonial style mod.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Necora said:

@rejectedegg... I know they exist, i use them a fair bit, but my idea was more to add to this and change the chains/species fished, while making it into a set that fits together and as part of a bigger colonial style mod.

Ah Ok, my bad then @Necora:)

Lots of new names and new people on this site that weren't on the old site.  Which is a good thing, but can also lead to confusion  lol

And here I thought I was helping someone   :(       

:D

Edited by rejectedegg
1 person likes this

Ha no worries, I was around on the old site for quite a while... I just lurked in the shadows and posted on the rare occasion I needed help!

1 person likes this

I like that idea. More "goodies" for the folks and their little towns.

So to follow up on my first post:

One thing I did notice about playing 1.7 that is remarkably different from other versions is that there's no radical different playstyle required. 

You could in fact choose to play exactly as you have been in Forge Awakens. 

The main differences come from having more options available. 

For example you will be able to produce your own domesticated animals and do things that way, if you desire.

It's now feasible to make a completely sustainable rustic/old style town, due to new buildings. 

With the addition of the city walls, and some other new city style buildings (new hospital for example) it's even more possible to build a large scale city settlement without using vanilla town style buildings. 

All of that is optional though, but then so is installing any mod in the first place.

I get the feeling that after we go modular with cc, we will look at new and existing ways to do more with our existing production chains. New types of fishing, new ways of mining, different ways of getting honey.

The time for this kind of stuff will come later, and be modular in nature so as to avoid having too many of the same resource producing options confusing people. 

4 people like this

Makes sense, it would probably be a good time as well to tidy up the base mod