Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Pilgrim

American Colonies Architecture Pack

94 posts in this topic

Absolutely amazing job!!!  Now we need someone to do texturing and build states. Who volunteers?

2 people like this

Quick check in... has anyone taken up the mantel to do the Texturing and build states?

I don't know anything about creating 3D models, but I'm wondering if these are all too alike.  When I look at pictures of Colonial houses, some have stone foundations with a few steps to the front door, others have trim at the corners and around the doors and windows. Some have shutters. The chimneys aren't all alike - they show some variety; for example, on a large house the chimney is often larger because it is used for several fireplaces. Not all the windows are exactly the same size. Of course, the texturing will create some of the variety, but I'm not sure the models aren't over simplified.  Just wondering. 

I just randomly (by freeform size tool) increased the size of the chimney in both of the single-chimney 5x3 houses. This should add a little variation but the houses are supposed to be similar. There are 3 sizes with 3 varieties each. I went off the diagrams without reference photos but I like how they turned out.

ThePilgrim_houses.png

@estherhb. Many of the things that you see as variations in the exterior styling of the houses were later additions. The houses of this period (specifically 1625-1700ish) were built simply with little ornamentation. Many of the intricate decorative trim, shutters and such were added during beginning around 1725 and more frequently during the last half of the 18th century. 

Trim and shutters will be added during the texturing to some of these homes but they are being designed to be accurate to the time they were constructed and are also done simply to allow modular construction in a believable, and easy to implement manner.

Sure, I will upload the last 4 models for the additions I haven't done yet. The 2-story one is a bit complicated so I will need advice on what to do with the side that connects to the main building.

1 person likes this

I want to make a huge thank you on behalf of everyone interested in this mod to @AzemOcram.  He has done a spectacular job on these models and we wouldn't be as close to fruition as we are without his amazing work. 

2 people like this

@AzemOcram. I think... If the model is made just like I drew it with the footprint following the foundation and the triangular part of the roof just overhanging it should just butt up against the other 2 story buildings. In theory anyway...:D

1 person likes this

So, today i am ready to start texturing on the 3d that @AzemOcram has done.

@The Pilgrim you feel happy with me using textures from around CC ?

If anyone has specific textures in mind, like from textures.com, let me know.

1 person likes this

@ShockPuppet       I would actually love it if you used as many from cc as possible to make it blend better. You will find the list of what I am looking for in the 12/16 post on page 3. Thank you so much. 

1 person likes this

close up

(ignore dark spot under window it is fixed)

1.jpg

4 people like this

And if possible, instead of the two of the double diamond windows on the front left, how about using those beautiful quadruple ones from the side on both stories?

That shingle texture for the siding is absolutely perfect. So are the doors. It those little details that are going to make this amazing. 

Edited by The Pilgrim