Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

Musings on Load Order

11 hours ago, elemental said:

That should (hopefully) make it foolproof. :)

Well for me the proper word would be...

Idiotproof  :D:D:D

1 person likes this

huh did someone call me?

@Kralyerg thank you very much :)  That is a great help.

Question is, mods like @Necora Maritime & Pine sets, where he is using elements of CC, where do they go (I will ask in his thread, but for example sake, I'm posting here).  I always put them Over CC because the new buildings etc.  BUT, in reading this, because he has used resources from CC, should it then be loaded UNDER CC?

Same as a couple of @Discrepancy & @Ketchup mods, where they use some resources.  OR, are the resources fully loaded in their mods, and not relying on shared parts?

Very interesting post, thank you again. :)

That's a good question and brings up a completely third group of mods not mentioned above.

Inter-operable mods.

Basically, mods that are fully standalone but at the same time, interconnect with CC. Many of RedKetchups, Necoras, Disrepancys and Kids mods interconnect with CC in some way, but work 100% without CC.  Most of the time, everything is exactly the same, so it doesn't matter which is above and which is below, because both mods have the exact same files, so it doesn't matter which one steps on which.

Sometimes things are slightly different and so things would slightly change based on which is above. But in a vast majority of the cases, its not really going to affect your gameplay that much. I can't even think of one off the top of my head that is different.

So, normally, it doesn't really matter.

1 person likes this

With my stuff, anything that is in both Maritimes and CC will be identical at least function wise. There are a few visual differences, such as the model used for domesticated animal and lumber, and icons etc. But in terms of value and functionality, they are intended to be interchangeable and so it doesn't matter which one is on top.

The way I see it, if you like things to look good, put CC on top! That way you don't have to see my crappy models and icons ;)

1 person likes this

Thank you both @Kralyerg & @Necora that helps immensely.

I do like @elemental's idea of where possible modders add a CC note.  Not mandatory, but, if it alters CC or MM in any way, maybe have it as a standard "note".

1 person likes this