Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Necora

Maritimes Edition

614 posts in this topic

Thanks! And thanks for the files, I'll have a look through them. It might be a while before I figure out how to get them to produce properly, and that means I have to start making resources too.

How does making resources work when most of them are already in CC?

Now, I am trying to decide the best way to arrange these huts. The initial idea was that they would produce one of a range of shellfish options that you chose (5 huts = 5 options). You would place a hut, then use a drop down menu to select a shellfish. However, I also had the idea of adding another couple of textures, one being a more 'fresh' looking wood and the other being a bit more colorful, perhaps some trims and doors of various colors after all the maritimes are a colorful place! That, however, becomes a lot of F-variants, I'm not sure if there is a maximum. So I then thought to have each hut produce a certain shellfish, and has 3 variants of color. For example, the one in the middle would produce mussels, and would have a grey, fresh, and red trimmed variant. The one on the far right would produce clams, and have a grey, fresh, and green trim variant etc... perhaps this is easier... Which do you think would be best (if possible)?

And for a little teaser...

Screenshot48.jpg

I started working on the next level up of fishers. These will be inshore fishers, based on old lobster fishing huts in Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia. They will require hull components to build, and will produce a range of 'medium' produce, lobster, a few fish (herring? tuna? mackerel?... I have to see what @Discrepancy is adding into his dock set), and shrimp. These will have the same structure as the shore huts above, whatever that decides to be, but will definitely have good color variants. I think in this example it could actually be a 4x4 sized building rather than 3x4. Perhaps even 4x5.

All suggestions/tips/advice/criticisms (constructive of course) are very appreciated.

Edited by Necora
2 people like this

the fish that @elemental and I have added to DSSV are: Bass, Bream, Carp, Cod, Eel, Mullet, Perch, Pike, Salmon, Tench & Trout

I am also adding in a few molluscs: Clams, Mussels and Snails, these have template files called RawMaterialMolluscClam.rsc etc, same as the fish which are named like RawMaterialFishBass.rsc so they will not conflict with other mods if they are named like this, but will mean if someone else adds a mod with a resource called RawMaterialClam.rsc it will mean there will be doubles in the menus :( not something I want, so I'm thinking of changing this as this will also mean any further processing of the fish/molluscs won't be able to use both resources.

Really all of my fish/mollusc are freshwater varieties, otherwise migrating freshwater fish...

If you add your own resources, you will need to make files just like what is in the Apiary example:

You will need a resource 3d model, so a basket or bowl or the actual item that is to be a resource that the citizens will carry and store etc,

You will need to make the Template/RawMaterial.rsc file + the associated Sprite images and string texts.

If you would like any of my resource files just ask I will send them to you. I'm sure the BL team will be just as helpful :)

And your buildings are looking great!

2 people like this

Ive added our CC mussle files to this post in case anyone finds it useful.

theyre not in proper folders i just bunched them all together.

Mussle Stuff.zip

Thank you I appreciate it. I'll check out the mussel files this week as I get a chance. 

@Discrepancy that is cool, I think they will go well together esp. as I am going for more ocean fish (I pretend that the river is connected to the ocean just around the corner!). 

I have to say though, this modeling is addictive.... 

Screenshot50.jpg

Screenshot49.jpg

(I know - the smoke is in the wrong place on one of them... it is late)

4 people like this

29 minutes ago, Necora said:

well said :) and too true!

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Necora said:

@Discrepancy

Please do many more then!! These are great!!

3 people like this

idea and the mod is great.I question whether this mod will be separate?Please make this mod to work all parts of the np.CC, Medieval Town, The North, DS Small Village. Is it possible? Thank you and good luck in modeling.I'm sorry for my english

@MackGideon thanks and hopefully I will. The modelling I really enjoy, and the buildings so far have been relatively simple so go quite smoothly. It is the making it into something that functions well in game that will be the hard part I think. Hopefully I'll figure out that process sometime soon.

@taniu oh it should, when finally ready, work just fine with all other mods. I don't want to have multiple instances of resources etc. and it is my aim for this to be a companion for CC, NMT, and the DS sets and others.

1 person likes this

@ShockPuppet So I put together some dock pieces to link up the buildings, only got around to doing the 1x1 set. I have made the 1x2 and 1x3 but not got round to putting them together. How do you get the bannies to walk on the dock and not underwater?

Screenshot54.jpg

Screenshot53.jpg

Screenshot52.jpg

I think the poles need to be scaled down a bit, too thick and too high. If I make the poles over hang so that when the docks are put next to each other they overlap and make only 1 pole rather than 2 next to each other, will the game crash?

Edited by Necora
2 people like this

The game won't crash if things overlap 

In order for a person to walk on the 3d object, you need to make a "floor"

There's example code of this in the fishing hut template.

Basically, in 3d, you make a surface for them to walk on. This can be just a flat plane. It needs to be the same height as the dock, with its pivot at "0 z"

It doesn't need to be part of "points" or anything, just gets called from the rsc files.

I can't upload an example yet as I'm on my phone sorry :)

1 person likes this

Cracking... I was wondering what the floor was all about when it was giving me errors...

Screenshot55.jpg

1 person likes this

i dont think your les need scaled down,but would recommend an "F" variant of the dock piece without poles. think that will make it look better.

1 person likes this

So I lowered the poles a little, and raised the covering. I tried out offsetting the poles too, so you get 1 not 4 in a group. I think it looks less cluttered and "blocky" (for lack of a better word) now. Oh and @stiles I added a piece with no poles too.

Screenshot57.jpg

Screenshot58.jpg

There are 6 pieces, all 1x1, all F-variants. i) no poles ii) poles iii) covered with rope rails iv)rope rails v) rope corner and vi) rope on just one side.

Screenshot59.jpg

I also have 1x2 and 1x3 versions, but have yet to change them to the new layout.

Once I figure out how to get my packaging to work I'll put them up, and can use them to see how they fit with the fishing huts.

Now... on to making the fishers produce mussels...

4 people like this

@ShockPuppet Thanks! Although I am now having a bit of difficulty with making them produce anything. Using the mussel files you put up, I've tried to make a shore house produce mussel. I have it employing a worker and running without crashing but it won't produce anything (ran for 2 years so far). I have been through all of the files time and time again and compared it with the apiary files and some other resource files in the mod kit but can't seem to see what I have missed.

Any ideas what would be preventing production?

I have attached the mod files if anyone gets a chance to go through them...

PEIShore.zip

You need to just add in a create_001 point to your .fbx model. This is the point that resources will spawn to when created. With that added I think it will produce.

1 person likes this