Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Necora

Maritimes Edition

764 posts in this topic
11 hours ago, Necora said:

@QueryEverything  RE. the coal name, that should now be fixed, just compiling to test.

Thank you :)  very quick turn around, it's part & parcel of working within modding and us, end users, we also become Beta Testers when the needs must. :) 
Fantastic work, and glad you were able to find the cause quickly, and that it wasn't a rogue .001 accounting error :)

11 hours ago, Necora said:

One little line of code later...

---- removed images for brevity

Sorry about that folks. I'm now going to test with CC.

No apologies needed.  Having a hubby who is a coder, I understand those ;hiccups; to a perfect release.  In fact I have a dozen memes around somewhere I shall have to look out & post for you to get a laugh from.  Next week, for now I play & pack for my holidays :D

8 hours ago, stiles said:

QUERY,as to the tool shortages, lots of times it's a mtter of running out of a material. iron ore usually. as the game progresses, i like to set the blacksmiths to different tools. 1 to stone,1 to rough,and 1 to iron,etc.plus i have a couple of those "mini's" set to hidecoats that in a shortage can be flipped to tools.i don't know all the #'s,i build villages and try to keep a bs in each so my supplies aren't all stored far away.biggest thing is to remember to up the limits as population grows. and to up it farther of what you are trading. whatever you use at the trading poat gets repulled from stocks. that can cause a shortage to the banis as  well.

Thanks @Necora & @stiles for your feedback re the BS's.  I try & keep one in each outpost as well, but you're right, mixing up the tool output is a good idea.  I do that as standard and only mess about with it if there's a shortage of another resource.  Good idea about the "mini'.  I don't often use it as it doesn't fit my current outpost layout but will try and see.
I do use the "Nordic Warehouse" and in it's circle I keep a bulk amount of BS buildings.  It's just a pain that you can only have 1 BS at a building.  Most BS would have apprentices, so I'd hoped someone would have a building with 2 :D  

Something that I meant to mention earlier and completely forgot (and this probably interests you @QueryEverything as well), if you have the Plimoth Plantation mod and the earlier version of Maritimes Ver104 placed below CC, then the unnamed coal problem seems to resolve itself (obviously because CC is taking precedence over those mods).

1 person likes this

@Necora great news :)  Your new 1.4(a??) works fine now, @KevinTheCynic the new update has resolved the issue, but great find :)

Also, hate to submit this, but a bug:

Piece you have as Peice, not P I E C E.  Unfortunately it is in all the little house pieces.

I'm just placing them now & can't wait to see how they look :D

Screenshot335 bug report.jpg

3 people like this

Back again :)

@Necora I can genuinely stay I really enjoy your work, thank you.

Here are some shots, and some feedback (not meant as criticism, just some thoughts).

:shape11: Firstly, a couple of typos both in the houses and in the bakery, flour is four, and the houses I mentioned above.

:shape11: Secondly in the buildings: Dory & Rope Builder (and possibly others, I haven't built any military buildings), there is no option to see what items are required so I don't know what I need to find & stock for them.  I'm sure it's on the mod info page, just not ingame. :)

:shape11: Lastly, when placing the tailor it could not be placed on an existing road tile, I had to remove the tile, place the tailor then add the road back in.  Just an odd bug. 

:heart2: I (as a bit of fun) built the "high" Port Royal house over the low, and it worked (a little odd, but it worked), I'm wondering, in time, if you would look at making the two pair naturally, and have their joins more seamless?

Here are the photos with the Port Royal Collection, the Maritime buildings, the MM Port & the DSSV Village 2 (by @Discrepancy) buildings all together. I love it!!!! :hand16:

Screenshot345 docklands dev.jpg

Screenshot382 flour.jpg

Screenshot380 mariport.jpg

Screenshot338 tailor placement.jpg

Screenshot377 clever housing.jpg

Edited by QueryEverything
Uploaded picture of the clever housing trick
3 people like this

Ok, last one for the night, nearly bedtime :)

I went to remove the Port Royal High House Loft Storage and it won't allow me to remove it.  I've tried removing the buildings around it, the roadway, terraforming & nothing is happening.

So, last bug report for the night:

Screenshot388 remove error.jpg

2 people like this

@Necora the above is usually a symptom of a building being all road tiles.

You can either add a upgrade to delete button to the buildings interface, or make at least one tile non road.

2 people like this

or he can upgrade it to ... nothing ! no building :) all your citizens will do is empty your building, destroy the building and build nothing after , freeing your space.

You do a PortRoyalTrash.rsc and you add an upgrade button to your port royal leading and linked to that PortRoyalTrash.rsc

and inside that PortRoyalTrash.rsc you put this code (of course you need to replace the name of stringtable/spritesheet names and fill the Lwr and Tip in the stringtable)

// layout of the entity
ComponentDescription resource
{
    // how often to update
    UpdatePriority _updatePriority = Fourth;

// declare types that will be used
    Description _descriptions
    [
        "toolbar",
        "map",
        "work",
        "destroy",
    ]
}
	ToolbarDescription toolbar
{
    SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "UI/PortRoyalSpriteSheet.rsc";
    String _spriteName = "PortRoyalTrash";
	    StringTable _stringTable = "UI/PortRoyalStringTable.rsc";
    String _stringName = "PortRoyalTrash";
    String _stringNameLwr = "PortRoyalTrashLwr";
    String _toolTip = "PortRoyalTrashTip";
	    String _statusStrings
    [
        "CreateOk",
        "CreateBlocked",        
    ]
	    int _group = 1;
}
	MapDescription map
{
    PathType _pathType = Normal;
    bool _addToOverhead = true;
    Color _mapColor = 0xFF80694D;
}
	WorkDescription work
{
    int _defaultWorkers = 1;
}
	DestroyDescription destroy { }

PortRoyalTrash.rsc

Edited by Ketchup
2 people like this

oh and there is an icon for you (which i used in choochoo mod :)

i made 64x64 but feel free to resize it

PortRoyalTrash.png

2 people like this

@The Pilgrim thanks, more to come. I was hoping to have a church in there too, but spent a good hour just making one window... so that one will have to wait until the next update.

If anyone is curious, these building sets were always in my plans, with the fishery the main focus. However, I am taking some 'thinking' time with the fishery as I have mentioned earlier, while I decide on support industry and production chains. This gives me a chance to practice, and in doing so over time I'll be building a set of buildings like these that will come out with the next release (or as little gifts to thank you for dealing with my coding errors!). 

As for production chains, @Denis de la Rive looking at those pictures we must have been reading the same websites! Although, there isn't a great deal of info out there. I was definitely thinking of the same kilns for the pine pitch, but didn't look as close at turpentine. To be honest, a turpentine still looks really fun to make. As for resources, I think it will initially take wood, and perhaps we could add gatherer type building that fetches wild instances of pine resin for tupentine, and roots and branches for pitch. This could be also be a wood harvester, or even add pine trees to the orchards. We can then have them go into two types of Naval Stores, one which gives a health benefit, and the other that can be used as a building supply for the boat industry. I was also thinking of things like combining pitch + lumber to produce ship lumber, and using pitch as a ingredient in rope, making ship rope. (names are TBA) These would be slightly higher trade value than CC rope and lumber. One thing I will do is introduce hemp in the next iteration, so that rope is made only from hemp as flax based ropes were not so good. Flax will be made into linen which will be made into sail cloth. 

So now I have to learn how to make a plant.

2 people like this

@Necora that is super awesome!  Seriously talented work.

I have loaded it all into a new map and am building now, once I have some screenshots I will let you know, I'll compile a list of feedback as well rather than just peppering it through, like last night.

All in all though, it's very sleek and extremely adaptable, and I know you said those house were designed for something else, but art is art and mods are mods, both will be used and appreciated in ways that "weren't on the box".  Haha!!  

The one thing I did notice last night, and I haven't checked it yet on this version", the Dory builder was going to the storage for the planks (made by another mod), and to the storage where the ropes are, made by the rope maker in MM), and yet would come back empty handed and not build anything.  I don't know if it's because he didn't recognise either of the 2 items as they weren't created by your mod, or if there was a looping bug.  The rope builder wasn't using the Flax that I have, i'm wondering if it's because it's a different Flax from another mod. 

I'll test again today on the new version and see if the same thing occurs.  I will also put it higher in the mod order and see if that works IF it still doesn't now.

Fab work, loving it!!!

2 people like this

@Necora well done 

If you want any crops I've made just let us know. Hemp and flax were the first ones we did.

2 people like this

@QueryEverything I think you're on to something there, I know that in earlier versions of the mod, the dory builder would happily use rope from the CC ropery but flax was dependent on what mods you had installed. If you have tanypredator's mods for wild and cultivated flax, the dory builder will not use that flax because it is coded differently to CC flax. I had one town where I had to what wait a few years for the trader to bring flax before I could produce anything at the dory builder.

However, I don't know how MM affects these issues because I am not using MM so maybe it's worth checking with Kralyerg?

Edited by KevinTheCynic
correcting a word that made no sense... why I typed it in the first place, I don't know...
1 person likes this

@QueryEverything yup unfortunately the flax from the wild resources mod at WOB is coded differently, so the rope maker doesn't see it. It has to have a template file named 'RawMaterialFlax.rsc' for it to be used, so if it is called WildFlax or something like that, it won't be used. As for rope, as long the rope from another mod is called RawMaterialRope.rsc then it should work fine, but if it is named something different then it wont be seen by the dory maker. Same with lumber, it has to be looking for 'RawMaterialLumber.rsc' otherwise it won't see it.

If the lumber, flax and rope is from CC or from the Port Royal lumber maker and rope maker, it will all work. I will be adding more plants as crops and perhaps wild resources in the next update. 

@ShockPuppet I'd love to see them, at least one of either hemp or flax, just to see how you do it. I need to get the transparent textures working because I am still missing something in my code there, at the moment I did what Ketchup suggested earlier but the background is still black, not sure if it is a code setting or a blender setting but it is not straight forward to get textures to show up as transparent in blender itself. Overall, I am getting comfortable with that program, but the UI is utter ** and it is not very logical to use.

1 person likes this

Ok I have sorted the UI out so that the drop down menus are all useful and actually look good too. How about that.

@QueryEverything Blacksmith (both Port Royal and Sherbrooke) can now take apprentices (well, they can have two workers each rather than just one - wouldn't an apprentice type role be such a great addition to the game, too bad it is not possible). Also applies to the Grist Mill, and the option of an extra worker has also been added to the L2 fisheries. The Crystal Cliffs Stable and Milk Pen have also been changed so that you can alter the number of workers, I didn't realize that it was fixed at 3 previously, and I hate that because it draws workers from other buildings.

Also squished a storage flag bug with the Dory Builder. I don't know what happened, the template file must have gotten mixed up with an old version at some point because I was sure that building was working fine before.

Moved the smoke of the Sherbrooke Tailor forward a bit.

I've run it through for a few hours, I've built everything and tested what every I could think of, and didn't come across anything other than a little tweak here or there. So hopefully they should run smoothly...  so he says. 

104.3 has been uploaded. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2nh4ixEBQ-kdlVTRVgtcWUxR3c

Edited by Necora
3 people like this

@Necora Nice work :) Really enjoying the additions that Maritimes brings to my towns.

1 person likes this

uses mod "EBOilPreess" - there is a crop Flax
  without CC

3 people like this