Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Necora

Maritimes Edition

621 posts in this topic

@Necora your quiet time will be extended, I have found out today that stable connection won't be for another 2 weeks, which is not what I was told 2 weeks ago!  So frustrated, but am piggybacking off hubby's work connection, oops, lol. :)  

This all sounds very exciting!!  Thrilled to see what has been coming out lately by everyone, and the genuine enthusiasm (and sometimes frustration) of the modders :D:D It's a good time to be gaming!!

1 person likes this

@QueryEverything well you had better hope the internet comes soon because the goats are here...

Crystal Cliffs has an upgrade. Pine set is ready. Both will be released when my internet cooperates.

Crystal01.jpg.688ca21b09ccaca1509afeb4d8505a6c.jpg

Crystal02.jpg.2aafae0eacc4c465068802c834dbabb2.jpg

Crystal03.jpg.056d820137a34ec1f2a0ceb13a86d3bf.jpg

Crystal04.jpg.6988b91020dd23dfe4ac9cda468e0085.jpg

1 person likes this

the buildings are fantastic but I beg the catwalk goats can add  red, white, yellow,brown as houses - Please function  "F" - blue is the color of aggressive?:hand1:O.o

30 minutes ago, taniu said:

blue is the color of aggressive

Huh?

As the color of the spirit, blue has positive effects on mind and body. It can even cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming and produce a feeling of tranquility, helps to slow human metabolism, is cooling in nature... basically the opposite of "agressive"... :)

Blue represents both the sky and the sea - open spaces, freedom, intuition, imagination, expansiveness, inspiration... also sensitivity, depth, trust, loyalty, sincerity, wisdom, confidence, stability, intelligence.

1 person likes this

cool ,more barns. can we get a write up when you release this set? building requirements,animal requiremntts<are they normal animals or domestic>? list of "f" variants also. thank you

@ NecoraPlease wooden pasture for goats, in my wooden village? Thank you for the hospital, which is supplied homes. My favorite color is also blue, but I just had in mind the image shown above - pasture goats, barn, etc.Maybe variant F as "PEISHORE"My screenshotsO.o

wooden village.jpg

@Necora woohooo!  I had to use my mobile (cell) data for this post :)

How exciting!!!  YES!!

Ques re barns:  Did you decide on keeping or removing (hint hint) the single tile road footprint?  I want to put my barn in the new animal pastures :)

But, it all looks amazing!!

@taniu blue is my fav colour, plus, as @Paeng said, it is calming, no one wants to be bitten by a goat ;) The goat pen has 2 F-variants, the blue and one which is dark brown like the pine set... so that should fit nicely in a wood town! I really like how that dark wood texture came out, it makes a much nicer base texture than the gray I used in other things.

@stiles I'm putting together a spreadsheet. It is not complete, there are a lot of buildings and it takes time to go through all of the template files. But I will upload it when I upload this so you can see all costs etc. It will be an on going work in progress as I update all of the sets.

@QueryEverything Extra road tiles have been removed from.... everything! Well, at least anything where I feel they are redundant. The large barns are also fully passable through the middle so you can access them 'from the inside' aka through the stable/pen, which is also fully passable from all 4 directions.

I am in the process of uploading the two new sets...

2 people like this

nice job with the write up on this set. i take it you added the domesticated animals so it can be used without CC ?  lots of people will like that. well done,sir.

@stiles thank you. Yup, I really like the domesticated animals, they are a nice addition to making the animal pens more difficult and realistic. I've tried to add as much as I can into the mods, so the animals, lumber etc. so it can be all used stand alone. There are a few crops I didn't add, barley and oats. They are trade only, and probably always will be unless you have CC. I added them for variation in the stables so that you can use CC grains with the crystal stuff if you wanted.

Pine Set coming up!

2 people like this

just 1 set left to do. then what are you planning? a vacation? did you get all the problems and glitches fixed in the pine and maple set? the maple sap conflict and the housing limits?

21 minutes ago, stiles said:

just 1 set left to do. then what are you planning? a vacation? did you get all the problems and glitches fixed in the pine and maple set? the maple sap conflict and the housing limits?

I think all of the glitches were sorted, but I probably made more with the new limits and flags so let me know ASAP if something is a miss.

Two sets... Sherbrooke is being done right now, but that only has a few buildings. I'm just working on a market place for the set. I'm trying hard to resist adding more stuff... Sherbrooke is going to be the next level of industry etc. so a better loom, spinner, etc. with faster work times and more employees. It is probably a good thing to hold off on it though, because to make it worth while I need to add more resources. I really underestimated just how much CC has added to the game. Take the vanilla tools for example, there are two. Iron and Steel. To make bigger blacksmiths worth while, more tool options (and other stuff) are needed. Same with tailors etc., plus I added things like yarn and twine in the pine set, so need to now do something with those. So to make the Sherbrooke set come into its own with new buildings, I need to figure out my own take on clothing and tools etc. So that will take some time, for now I will just get it packaged up and released as is in the initial big mod.

Then there is Port Royal. I won't add too much content to that, just focus on getting a full set of palisades and towers etc., plus cleaning up the models. So hopefully it won't take too long, but I have a feeling they need a bit of work, especially the build stages.

After that? I will probably get creative again. I have, for the most part, been in processing mode rather than creating mode. I've tried to add a few new things for each set, to give you something new, but the most of it has been cleaning up existing stuff. I also need to play! I've been playing more lately to test limits etc., and every time I do I think of new things to add, such as the fences in the Crystal set. Things that I think hey, I could do with some of that to make this work.

The next set of dock stuff is still brewing, but I need to fill out the production chains a little more. Getting close though, also need to find more building inspiration.

2 people like this

good that you have time to play. that does give you more perspective. you may be right in holding off a bit and let CC get caught up some. not sure how others are handling all the changes. i know my plan has been to keep playing as i was. i did make a copy of the game file,upgraded to 13.07 and been adding files to the windata. hopefully by the wkend, i will borrow the girl friends comp and download a ton more. so noo there is definetly no hurry at all. with the community button and the 1.07 there is lots of changes. our whole mod sets will be different.

hm i can't get the ownloads thru dropbox to work. can they be set to googledrive? thanks

@stiles I used dropbox because it uploads faster on my internet, google drive is a pain for some reason. I'm will have better internet access tomorrow afternoon so can put them on google drive then.

Posted (edited)

On 2/28/2017 at 9:58 AM, Necora said:

@taniu blue is my fav colour, plus, as @Paeng said, it is calming, no one wants to be bitten by a goat ;) The goat pen has 2 F-variants, the blue and one which is dark brown like the pine set... so that should fit nicely in a wood town! I really like how that dark wood texture came out, it makes a much nicer base texture than the gray I used in other things.

@stiles I'm putting together a spreadsheet. It is not complete, there are a lot of buildings and it takes time to go through all of the template files. But I will upload it when I upload this so you can see all costs etc. It will be an on going work in progress as I update all of the sets.

@QueryEverything Extra road tiles have been removed from.... everything! Well, at least anything where I feel they are redundant. The large barns are also fully passable through the middle so you can access them 'from the inside' aka through the stable/pen, which is also fully passable from all 4 directions.

I am in the process of uploading the two new sets...

Gah ... me & my stubbornness not wanting to update all until the pine set ... but I want the goaties :(
*sulks

Haha, anyway, in all seriousness (non 2yr old sulkiness), it's looking great, I may well just go & download the files and wait for the pine later.  Am very excited!!

Never mind ...  GO and read the downloads section first silly bunny ...  hahaha!!  I need more sleep, lol.
Ok, downloading them all now :D

Oh, it's the Fort collection that is missing.  Will wait with enthusiasm as I use the buildings in all of my maps. It's going to be hard :)  But worth it.
Would it be at all possible (please) @Necora to have a 2x2+1 house?  I love the little x tailor, and would love a 2x2 house to go with it opposite the 4x2 buildings that you have.  It would make a fabulous addition to the the 2x2 :D:D

Edited by QueryEverything

In all seriousness, I don't know if it's something I've missed (ie @Necora explaining it wasn't active yet), but the new PEI Lumber Cutter only has 1 F-variant, the core state of orange, there aren't 3 available.  

Posted (edited)

@QueryEverything yup PR is next on my list. And for the house, I don't know about 2x2, I was going to add some 3x3 at some point. The tailor did come out really nice, it is based on a cute shed I drive past everyday and though it would look good in game. The problem is I actually didn't quite remember it right when I built it so I still have the shed as a plan for something.... not sure what though.

The lumber cutter doesn't have any F-variants, does it say otherwise? It actually doesn't use any of the themes, just some poles and a canvas covering.

Edited by Necora

Here's a screenshot for you :)  I didn't think to upload it earlier, sorry @Necora:)

I like that shed :)  I will live in hope :)  haha.

20170301 Screenshot413.jpg

As a general note for players, I've found that maple sap will not be stored in most of the storage provided by all the other mods, it only seems to like being stored in the Pine Set storage. I haven't tested all of the other mods so I hesitate to say it won't be stored at all in any other storage. xD

I also found that it was well worth placing the Pines Set near the top of your mod list, to make sure it's above pretty much every other mod that makes use of charcoal.  During my test city I found that if the Pines Set was below CC, the maple boiler worker would collect charcoal but seemed unable to place it in the maple boiler and got stuck in a loop of delivering the charcoal and then taking it back to the stockpile.