Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Necora

Maritimes Edition

760 posts in this topic

@QueryEverything oops! Yup, initially I had that idea, but don't have time to build too many models right now so stuck to just the one and forgot to change the description. Sorry!

@KevinTheCynic Its my maple sap, all mine!!!! Haha Canadians are very protective about their maple.... just joking though. Good point. In general, any mods (or vanilla game) which were made pre 107 beta will not work for the majority of flags as they don't have the new custom flags added. This means that a lot of stuff will not be stored or used correctly. CC released an update a couple of days ago, so make sure you are using the most recent CC so that it works together. Another note, there may be discrepancies between storage flags and resource limits between this and CC, I didn't look to see what CC was doing with certain things like feathers and maple sap... so might have put them in a different place. This will be fixed for another update, however it is not a big deal as long as you load any Maritimes mods ABOVE CC in the load order. Then, all resources will work between mods with (hopefully) no problems.

2 people like this

Feathers are "Misc" and Maple Sap didn't change - it's still an inedible Food (Fruit) in 1.72.

1 person likes this

@estherhb I think I might have maple sap as a material. I'll change it to inedible food in the next update.

@QueryEverything and @KevinTheCynic and @stiles and anyone else using these, have you had any crashes? There have been a few reported at WOB and I don't know where to start looking for the cause, I think it might be mod-conflict related with older versions of other mods and game but cannot be sure.

what is the sap tagged under?? that would explain the no storage. need new markets or storage updates  for the new tags. your charcoal problem is also a tag issue.

as for the crashes,i am still behind on downloads.lol i always seem to have the next older version somehow. i do wonder if it is related to the trapper addition. and yes your sap is your own<he probably added pine to it or watered it down with whale blubber>i do remember the sap from tying to use the CC sugar house to boil it down.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

Here's a screenshot for you :)  I didn't think to upload it earlier, sorry @Necora:)

I like that shed :)  I will live in hope :)  haha.

20170301 Screenshot413.jpg

@QueryEverything.I have a request to Mr. I do not know what the 2 symbols of birds on the bar? whether they are new mods? if this is a new mods would like to have it but do not know where to look, please help, please. taniu

Edited by taniu

5 minutes ago, taniu said:

@QueryEverything.I have a request to Mr. I do not know what the 2 symbols of birds on the bar? whether they are new mods? if this is a new mods would like to have it but do not know where to look, please help, please. taniu

@taniu sorry, I should have paid more attention to my screenshot edit, it was late.  Those aren't available mods. 

The mods that are in those icons, are ones that are available now, in the 1.07 toolbar already - so you most likely have them as I saw you post in one of the threads over in WoB.  You haven't missed out. :)
Hehe, and it's Mrs, not Mr. :):):)

7 hours ago, Necora said:

@QueryEverything oops! Yup, initially I had that idea, but don't have time to build too many models right now so stuck to just the one and forgot to change the description. Sorry!

@KevinTheCynic Its my maple sap, all mine!!!! Haha Canadians are very protective about their maple.... just joking though. Good point. In general, any mods (or vanilla game) which were made pre 107 beta will not work for the majority of flags as they don't have the new custom flags added. This means that a lot of stuff will not be stored or used correctly. CC released an update a couple of days ago, so make sure you are using the most recent CC so that it works together. Another note, there may be discrepancies between storage flags and resource limits between this and CC, I didn't look to see what CC was doing with certain things like feathers and maple sap... so might have put them in a different place. This will be fixed for another update, however it is not a big deal as long as you load any Maritimes mods ABOVE CC in the load order. Then, all resources will work between mods with (hopefully) no problems.

No apologies necessary, it's all part & parcel of a new release. :)
Thanks @Necora, I'm sure it will be fixed next update.

As for crashes, none so far.  Mind you I've stopped & started a couple of maps because of an unrelated bug, I have think I found the solution, so now I get to play with your mods some more. :)
(Again, the bug was completely unrelated to Necora's)

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Necora said:

Well that's the thing, I have build 1.0.7 beta and the latest version of CC (ver 1.72) and even some of the storage buildings from both of those two would not store maple sap. Now it's not really a problem but it's exactly the sort of thing I was talking about in my post titled "Some things to know with the new resources" in the Resources, Charts & Information section in this forum. It just involves a slight change in how we build towns.

1 person likes this

If anyone is interested, I have a link to the work in progress spreadsheet that details all production/build costs and resource information, including storage flags. This is a work in progress, and will be updated as and when I get a chance so if you do use it, keep an eye on it every now and then to see.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qlbwy93r3fnowl/MaritimesSpreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0

2 people like this

Thanks @Necora am grabbing it now. :)

ps: don't forget my 2x2 housing ... 
I'm cheeky, its one of those days ....  (I have semi-stable net woohoo)

1 person likes this

I've had no crashes either and have played it a good bit.  I think one person at WOB said they had not updated their game yet so  that may be their problem.

3 people like this

A bit of an update. Not had a great deal of time to do much, but have finished pulling the Sherbrooke set out of the big mod and making it stand alone. I have taken the tailor house out for the time being, I want to add more houses to this set sometime in the future. But I have added two new buildings, a general market and a saw mill.

As for other development, Port Royal is next, although that might take some time. 

I am also getting some great feedback, so there will be updates coming to probably all mods so far. These will mostly be balancing/bug fixes, but am still working on them and giving it more time for people to find things before doing them.

In the mean time, here are some pics of the Sherbrooke set...

Screenshot3.thumb.jpg.98bbedfe7cfdf8299e4845035f7790b4.jpg

Screenshot1.thumb.jpg.d9188c0faeb6884a878c6660d3933c13.jpg

Screenshot2.thumb.jpg.1ea29076e6778517968c5eb5b971b449.jpg

2 people like this

@QueryEverything Crystal Cliffs has been updated, with hopefully less bugs and some fancy new gates.

3 people like this

Updates to all sets are coming out thick and fast. We've got new buildings, new trade posts, new dock pieces, new icons, and plenty of squished bugs. Keep an eye out on the downloads section for the new updates!

Screenshot1.thumb.jpg.6f85ba67768493d891cd42c3b6478c05.jpg

Screenshot2.thumb.jpg.105b5149bbf439af2506225a87ce66df.jpg

Screenshot3.thumb.jpg.47402128b0094ba1466d1f95547f7094.jpg

Screenshot5.thumb.jpg.41e020f09c4b1e642daac6fdb4db115d.jpg

Screenshot6.thumb.jpg.e437e3e6236451a5912ae3c00c2f4993.jpg

3 people like this

Also, @Necora the PEI set should now be the top in load order followed by the dock, then by Crystal Cliffs?

@QueryEverything I'm happy with how the trader came out. I got annoyed building the large vanilla one, so decided to add a small one, this seemed like the best place for it. 

And Re. load order, it doesn't matter with these new ones as I know they are all identical. I think keep something above crystal cliffs, as that was the first out. I don't think I change anything since that but you never know.

2 people like this

Terrific, thank you.  I had Crystal higher because of the Lumber error you fixed the other day. :)

Also, @Kralyerg has made a very interesting post about load order.  I have tagged you in the comment, but because my question does involve Maritimes, I felt it fair to post here too :)

So, I guess, where does @Necora's mods fit in with CC.  I know that you have used some elements, but are they fully loaded in your mods, or do they share code?  (I'm not sure how they were designed).  Do we load ABOVE or BELOW CC?  I have always loaded ABOVE because they are newer (now), and I want to use your flax & hemp etc, but, knowing that there are shared resources I'm now not so sure. :)  Ooops I confused myself. :)

Just now, QueryEverything said:

@Kralyerg thank you very much :)  That is a great help.

Question is, mods like @Necora Maritime & Pine sets, where he is using elements of CC, where do they go (I will ask in his thread, but for example sake, I'm posting here).  I always put them Over CC because the new buildings etc.  BUT, in reading this, because he has used resources from CC, should it then be loaded UNDER CC?

Same as a couple of @Discrepancy & @Ketchup mods, where they use some resources.  OR, are the resources fully loaded in their mods, and not relying on shared parts?

Very interesting post, thank you again. :)

1 person likes this

@QueryEverything and anyone else who has the same question, it doesn't matter. Any resources that are in both mods are identical, and so it should cause no issues. Which ever mod is one top will just change the appearance of models and icons so I recommend using CC above maritimes as theirs looks much better!

2 people like this