Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Necora

Maritimes Edition

611 posts in this topic

I agree with Taniu, especially with the Sherbrooke Church. The building is huge and beautiful, but 20 parishioners is way too low. 

1 person likes this

@Sunny Pine Set has been updated, hopefully this fixes the issues. Thanks for the kind words!

@taniu I'll look into the churches. I don't know about increasing the capacity of the pine church, it is a small building for small settlements. Plus, it has another variant (white) and will have more in the future, so it isn't so bad for having a few on the map. I model for my game play (which is neither better or worse than anyone else, it just is) and I like to have lots of smaller settlements for forestry etc. surrounding my main town. So more small churches and schools is a priority for me! That being said, I will definitely increase the capacity of the Sherbrooke church, I thought I already had. Maybe 90 or something should do it.

2 people like this

@Necora Thank you!!!! You are the best! I am SO happy with this mod!

1 person likes this

@Necora Thank you!!!!  for large Maritimes .. You're the king, and what you design is unique, it can be 90 parishioners, because sometimes you need more hands to work, and every church needs a priest. Your houses are now very colorful and fit the mod "beach party". I can not wait for a new release.:D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Query Everything. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I thought also of the "Beach Party":)

Edited by taniu
1 person likes this

On 3/4/2017 at 0:48 PM, Necora said:

A bit of an update. Not had a great deal of time to do much, but have finished pulling the Sherbrooke set out of the big mod and making it stand alone. I have taken the tailor house out for the time being, I want to add more houses to this set sometime in the future. But I have added two new buildings, a general market and a saw mill.

As for other development, Port Royal is next, although that might take some time. 

I am also getting some great feedback, so there will be updates coming to probably all mods so far. These will mostly be balancing/bug fixes, but am still working on them and giving it more time for people to find things before doing them.

In the mean time, here are some pics of the Sherbrooke set...

Screenshot3.thumb.jpg.98bbedfe7cfdf8299e4845035f7790b4.jpg

Screenshot1.thumb.jpg.d9188c0faeb6884a878c6660d3933c13.jpg

Screenshot2.thumb.jpg.1ea29076e6778517968c5eb5b971b449.jpg

I just came across this mod and absolutely love it!! Great work on all of the sets!

Would it be possible to suggest/request an F variant in white or red for the black market? I think it could be nice :face1: 

Thank you!

@josito sure a colour variant would not be hard, always good to have more variants. What colour would you prefer? Your choice, as long as it fits in with the general theme of all the mods (which is pretty much anything). I'll give you 2 F-variants, so one can be white and the other any colour you want, or perhaps both can be a colour.

2 people like this

White and red would be perfect, so it fits in with the rest of the Sherbrooke set. Thank you, Necora! 

I support the idea of white and red kit @Necora. You can add to this set of white and red hospital? it would be great. Thank you, Necora!  :D:hand16:

I also vote for white and red-it would even look good in pine.

1 person likes this

Perfect!  Thank you Necora.

1 person likes this

Perfect!  Thank you Necora .Please Hospital - white and red?:$

hospital.jpg

It looks awesome!! Thank you!!

how bout a building similar to the forest hospital, change the wood grain style and lighten it, add a back door and deck for hunting,add 2 story residences on the ends at least, and add lean to covers for over the boiler and apple press. a modular set to be used for stoarge and a hunting lodge.

The Sherbrooke set, along with the New England Colonial Buildings, inspired me to create this colonial town. (still progressing) 

Reason why I suggested a red/white market was because the black one didn't quite match. I want to thank @necora & @the pilgrim for creating these sets along everyone who create mods for the game. 

Don't want to come off as demanding or pushy but a major building that's sorta missing is a tavern. There are several great ones out there from CC or other mods but they don't really fit in.

1234.thumb.jpg.8854e44d8ed4850cba3221f76d50d4e3.jpg

@josito that looks awesome. How is the saw mill working out? Is it producing enough firewood or lumber?

Re. tavern, the newest update to the pine set includes a small tavern that is in a wood flavour and a red with brown trim flavour, perhaps that will fit? Give it a go and see.

So when the next update to the Sherbrooke set occurs, it will have more content, which is why it is taking some time. I am planning a couple of housing sets and filling out the industry/civics. Eventually, this will include a tavern and a hotel, I have the inspiration for them just need the time to make them! Hopefully it won't be too long coming.

1 person likes this

@Necora Sounds great! Very excited to hear that more content will be added to the set.

The saw mill produces more than enough lumber for the structures and firewood for houses.

I am so glad you like the New England set. It has been included in CC and will be getting a bit of an update soon. 

1 person likes this

@josito yup, it is taking some time though because some of the buildings have odd shapes I've not made before. I'm working from pictures I took while walking around the village IRL, at midnight (to see the christmas lights), so I spend a while staring at my models and the pictures trying to figure out how to translate them from one to another. I can't do everything with them, it would make for some very high poly models with far too much detail for Banished (you won't even see half of it due to the zoom and resolution of the game) so I'm trying to replicate the larger structures that will hopefully stand out.

Here are two finished houses, the white one is designed to sit next to the tailor because it has the same colouring, and the red one is a cool house IRL that took quite a bit of work! Mainly that pointed middle section. I am planning a couple more like this, IRL there is a yellow one and another red one which I will probably make blue for variation. These will have a family of 5. There are smaller ones too which I like, for family of 4, and some larger more ornate houses ones for family of 6 perhaps, if I can do them, they look very complicated.

SBTailorHouse03.thumb.jpg.8bc0195836374692c175d31f41a3dc8e.jpg

SBTailorHouse01.thumb.jpg.a0e937bfb4eb1df88b5bc0130709f0df.jpg

SBTailorHouse02.thumb.jpg.f746d23ca974b3ccdaec09ced6620038.jpg

3 people like this