Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Necora

Maritimes Edition

510 posts in this topic

Thank you  -  You  all the moderators for being so beautiful  mods.

Let every day of the New Year
Bring happiness, good cheer
And sweet surprises ...
For you and for all moderators
Happy New Year!

2 people like this

On 12/29/2016 at 11:31 PM, Necora said:

@QueryEverything oh haha, well this might be a bit big for that... the footprint of the barn is only 2x4, but the whole thing together is 2x6.

Actually that's great!  Footprints with x2 (either direction) is excellent for my little settlements!!

Screenshot23.bmp

1 person likes this

These are a couple of my outposts, as you can see they have a small overall footprint with the "Tiny" mod (by @kid1293) at it's core.  Very effective and really suits my game play.  
So a smaller dairy than what is currently available really will suit the layout & I can definitely work with the 2x6 footprint :D  

Screenshot17.png

Screenshot19.png

Screenshot21.png

Screenshot23.png

Screenshot26.png

1 person likes this

Hmm @QueryEverything... I actually got that wrong, it is 4x8 when all is together. Got mixed up as everything I have put together so far is 2 tiles wide! Hopefully it still fits in though!

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, Necora said:

Hmm @QueryEverything... I actually got that wrong, it is 4x8 when all is together. Got mixed up as everything I have put together so far is 2 tiles wide! Hopefully it still fits in though!

That may well work too.  Looking at the 2nd bottom screenshot (#23), that would balance against the new houses I have put in place, with a small potato field next to it. 

When you release the package I'll give it a test run and post the new design up for you. :)  Now to find someone who can edit the animal pasture to be smaller too. :D:D
I will work on the next outpost too with your recently released Maritime buildings and show you how I've built them and worked them in with the "Docks" and @Discrepancy DSSV "Village" water bridges & buildings.  I love how all 3 work together.  

1 person likes this

@QueryEverything I'd love to see those shots, I've not yet seen the new DSSV village additions, I have MegaMod at the moment and can't bring myself to get rid of it just yet in favour of the update because I really like some of the changes to decorations etc. that MM made. I hope these will be in the new CC so am waiting for that! I'm currently finishing off the first level fisheries set, I've re-textured them all and added c few new buildings for storage and a little surprise. Just need to clean up the small details such as footprints to make it a seamless mod. Hopefully I'll upload that and the crystal cliffs barn this evening, if my internet allows.

2 people like this

This mod has been updated... enjoy!

... Nope it hasn't, currently experiencing technical difficulties!

Edited by Necora
1 person likes this

Oh and if you are using the v200 test, they will not be compatible (I doubt...) so you have to choose one or the other!

Fixing some bugs in the stable... it had the wrong storage code. Also a 11x11 field of Barley was producing 1200 units of food!!

Posted (edited)

@Necorawow, love these and have already downloaded and they are fitting right in.

Small question, what resource does the Crystal Stable need to produce the domesticated animals?  I have it built but I have the yellow circle of gloom :(

I think I also put the top & bottom on back to front, lol.  I need to play around a bit, haha!!

Happy New Year xxxxxx

Screenshot73 cr.jpg

Edited by QueryEverything
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@QueryEverything it needs either Barley, Corn, or Oats. There were a few mistakes in the template file though, there should be a drop down menu to select from a different grain and also I had the storage flagged as 'food' where it should have been 'edible' so the workers would just wander around with Barley.

I am actually just trying to upload a new version. Stamping out a few bugs in that stable. Every time I go to upload it I find a new problem! It should be sorted in about an hour or so, I'll let you know.

Edited by Necora
1 person likes this

Consider me your crash test dummy :)  Haha!!  Love it @Necora 
Don't feel rushed to produce anything though, it's NYD!!! :D

1 person likes this

@QueryEverything I live in the middle of a forest with a wood stove, chilling out is how I spend the new year! 

This should do it.... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2nh4ixEBQ-kQ2tid21DLVhOOFk

Apologies to anyone who has downloaded/been trying to download this file in the last few hours, I've had a terrible time with internet connection and bug fixes. Hopefully I got them all!

Happy new year one and all 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Bravo, Bravo!
Lovely @Necora it all works fabulously with the mods I am using.  
A shout out also to @kid1293 who whipped up a new edition of his fenceless pasture last night, made it adjustable to as low as 4x4 :)  I now have 'pets', hehe.

I love your edibles storage, it fits perfectly with the marine theme, I went to use it to replace my storage (tiny & small Medieval Barns by @Redketchup at WoB), because it has the small footprint and has the edible only flags, which is perfect when I place the tiny ones near my hunters/gatherers.  I think I may have a work around though :D  

I have the work around, so it doesn't look so odd :)  (I will be posting over at WoB for Redketchup to see my request as well for his barns :))

Well done on a fabulous mod :shape2:, now off to build my seaside town.  

:D 

PS:

@QueryEverything I live in the middle of a forest with a wood stove, chilling out is how I spend the new year! 

Sounds divine!  We've had scorching days here in Victoria (Australia), and I love the bush, bliss .... 
I spent the night playing Banished, and hung out with my hubby & son. :D

Screenshot 76
Your new Crystal Barn & Crystal Dairy, it's been torn down as I am updating to your newest version and wanted to make sure everything was clean going in.
You can see how it fits in perfectly, and thanks to the new 'Fenceless Pasture', I have this beautiful little hobbyfarm area for my outpost.  
You can also see where I am using the tiny barn and would like a new one, haha.  
(I really do need to learn to mod, and change flags on some of these buildings I love!, but if my hubby can't get me to learn in 11yrs, not sure I can, lol)

Screenshot76 mods.jpg

Screenshot 82
The PEIShoreEdibles storage, it looks great, even if a little sunken, so I add some little storage crates, @kid1293released yesterday, you drop & run, and they act exactly like what they are, storage crates.

Screenshot82 mods.jpg

Screenshot 84
The way that the Storage unit & crates work together, I don't mind that the PEIStorageEdibles is sunken at this point, it almost looks like it's "meant to be", a coolroom is my narrative!! :D

Screenshot84 mods.jpg

Screenshot 87
You can see that my Bannites use the PEIStorageEdibles, doesn't seem to be a problem or conflict with anything.

Screenshot87 mods.jpg

Edited by QueryEverything
forgot my PS :D

@QueryEverything do you have the irrigate mod from the Kave, or I think there is another one somewhere that lets you lower/raise terrain by certain amounts? If you do, try lowering the terrain by placing the irrigate squares where you want the storage, then delete them and build it over. It should not flatten the ground, and with a bit of playing around you might be able to get it to be visible, at least to the walkway.

1 person likes this

@QueryEverything I gave it a go... by some great coincidence it worked perfectly...

Screenshot607.jpg

Also the ghost cows look great in the milk pen!

Screenshot606.jpg

2 people like this

oh wow @Necora fab job!!  looks great, will give it a go in my village tomorrow :)

1 person likes this

Does the new version still have that awesome woodcutter in it?

1 person likes this