Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Pilgrim

American Colonial Modular Construction Mod Challenge

23 posts in this topic

I have proposed a challenge. The first person to get me a set of textured 3d models based on the drawings and descriptions of the modular construction elements posted in the American Colonial Architecture Pack thread (12/16 post) gets $50 donated to Black Liquid in thier name. The challenge ends Friday, December 23rd at Midnight EST.

2 people like this

AzemOcram has upped the ante... he will do the models and upload them by Tuesday.  It now stands that if someone can texture the models and package them together as a standalone, cc compatible mod, by Christmas Eve, there will now be $100 in donations to Black Liquid. 😎

2 people like this

That's right! BlackLiquid gets $20 total from me for free with an additional $80 ($50 from The Pilgrim and $30 from me) to whoever provides our Christmas present!

Edited by AzemOcram
1 person likes this

Im pinning this topic now for awareness... (WOW)

1 person likes this

Here are all the models.

What's still needed: build states, textures, UV maps, icons, turn into a mod

Ocram-Pilgrim_housing.png

Edited by AzemOcram
removed link

Please remember that the row houses and the modular buildings are two separate packages. 

Quick check in... Has anyone taken up the mantel to do the Texturing and build states?

If they are supposed to be separate packages, I will upload them in separate packages myself. BTW, I made a 4th version of the 4x3 house with windows made the way they were sketched. The previous one was sort of lazy (just moving around the door).

Narrow Rowhouses: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05cVVKRDbAmYnJjdi1rTzhZLXM

Colonial Houses: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05cVVKRDbAmbVVYZExiRWc0VFU

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, The Pilgrim said:

Quick check in... Has anyone taken up the mantel to do the Texturing and build states?

Not yet :)

I'll have a look soon.

2 people like this

ok im doing this now. Hop into the ChatBox (top of page) to talk in real time if needed

ok i just made the build states. I'll make White, Red and Brown variants for every excluding the shingle wall ones because those are special. Kralyerg said he's ok with this.

1 person likes this

Holy cow Batman thats a lot of buildings lol

FO7Z1s.jpg

2 people like this

So is that going to be 9 or 10 F-variants for each tool bar icon or is each individual style going to be on the tool bar? If the second, I'm gonna need a bigger screen....

They look awesome though. Definitely fills a void of real colonial style building.

Edited by Necora

9 minutes ago, Necora said:

So is that going to be 9 or 10 F-variants for each tool bar icon or is each individual style going to be on the tool bar? If the second, I'm gonna need a bigger screen....

They look awesome though. Definitely fills a void of real colonial style building.

At the moment its 3 F variants red brown white, with an additional shingle side variant for 2 of the house types.

We can add more in an update. I dont want to give Kralyerg a stroke plus im tired now lol :)

Oh I didn't mean more houses ha, I was just counting the the houses of similar size/footprint with the same build stages. 

44 minutes ago, Necora said:

Oh I didn't mean more houses ha, I was just counting the the houses of similar size/footprint with the same build stages. 

3 size of house, with different shapes of roofs in some cases.

3 size of Lean-To's

13 styles total. Not including variants

ok ive completed everything in 3d and 2d, this has been sent to kralyerg for coding.

@The Pilgrim one thing we will need is building sprites for the toolbar.

I'll attach a random toolbar image to this post for comparison. Do you want to draw your own or would you just like me to grab screenshots of them in 3d? (might look a bit inferior)

BuildESSHouses3.png