Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ROCKSTEADY

Ridiculous Names

26 posts in this topic

I tend to rename my towns so I don't have any funny names that I can think of although I did have one town that started with a name that was sort of like "Sleppin" or some variation of that spelling. I thought it was funny because when I first glanced at it, it looked like "sleep-in".

Ques:  And Oz doesn't need to reveal himself, but to the devs add names in as they go?
I ask as I saw a Modders name in the names the other day, and then yesterday I saw I name which I'd seen on a forum recently.  

Or, does the game pull in the modders 'tag', from the file info??

I started naming my towns after their map seed number, to make it easy to keep track. I am using a different sequential map every time. I started at 1; I am starting 54 tonight. I don't ever expect to make it to 4 or 5 digits...

53.JPG

1 person likes this

BUIDHAPPY ,may i make a suggestion,thou about 50 games late?? you should start your own post and give pics of each of those map seeds ansettings you started them with. a list in chronological order would be super to see. i take it you kept the start mod as CC??  map seeds will act the same for each start if the main mod is the same. most seed blogs are not in any order.

2 people like this

Hobgoodridgefieldsboro - The town where we hedge our bets!

3 people like this

And, not as ridiculous but it made me laugh:

Worthmoor - Because we are!

1 person likes this

I like hitting the random name gen until I get really long names, lately. My most recent successful town (until I flubbed it up) was called Scobelvederick. Newest town is named Oshkoshkosh (there is a real town in the US called Oshkosh, but the game decided it needed another Kosh).

Not a long name, but I got a town called Lemon once, from the generater.

1 person likes this

My latest town was named Inchc**k.  Not sure it would go over very well with male Banifans.  Made me laugh though.

4 people like this

Just had one named Superidot which is nothing but I first read it as Superidiot. Got a chuckle out of it.

3 people like this

I just generated a random map after installing Red Ketchup's latest mod (Creepy Cemetery) and got the following name, it's amusing for me because I'm playing on [CC] Lake Waters so I really hope the name doesn't prove to be a bad omen :/

589d3421225f0_Badtownname.jpg.a3ea2de0008726c3d04ac81fb92bf39a.jpg

I really hope my port is not worth a flood :D

1 person likes this

Haha, I got "Burn" as a villager name.  How odd!!

20170210 Screenshot322.jpg

1 person likes this

I once got a town "Wedickislow". I just insterted an "n" to make it -inslow. LOL was to perfect to drop it. This thing than later became one of my most favorite towns, though.

I also had a builder citizen named Justonewall - he truly was a man who loved his job.

1 person likes this

Not so much a funny name, but a good one for me. I was testing something, and failed with the screenshot (hit print screen instead of numlock so didn't get the UI). I grew up in Portsmouth, UK. Across the harbour entrance is a town called Gosport. So when Banished threw up the town name 'Gosportsmouth' I thought it was pretty cool!

2 people like this

On 1/22/2017 at 9:34 PM, jabbywocks said:

Newest town is named Oshkoshkosh

I thought it sounded familiar when the random generator gave me the same name! I would be curious to see if it was the same seed number too...

Capture.JPG

1 person likes this

Oh, I had something similar once before @BuildHappy :)  I can't remember exactly, but recognised it when I saw your post.

Now for my pretty crappy attempt at a ridiculous name post ...

59226608b8f21_20170522ridicName.jpg.82c374d57d17baa6cd2bbb926f68a2a5.jpg

:D:D:D

1 person likes this