Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Slavepetrich

Areas on map without growing trees or wild foods

Posted (edited)

Is it possible to create the mod that will have areas on map without growing trees or wild foods.  I got idea of making a oasis on desert map. Or just having trees and wild foods growing near rivers or lakes.

Or even if it's not desert there are fields without trees in real life.

Edited by Slavepetrich

here is a landscape mod, you place grassy fields where you want them.they will act as "roads" in case you try to build there later.

Yeah , I am curentlly trying that. It's just that it takes alot to remove all the trees and other things from the map.

very true and depending on the mods you have the trees and bushes grow back super fast. if you place a "road" and there is a bush growing ,that bush will stay there also.you actually have to removew the road then the bush,etc.

Posted (edited)

Also roads flat the terrein so it looks really bad near hills or rivers.

Edited by Slavepetrich

On 03/01/2017 at 0:19 AM, Slavepetrich said:

Is it possible to create the mod that will have areas on map without growing trees or wild food

Yes it is.

There is a way, but it would allow only trees along rivers and around lakes.

1 person likes this

On 1/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, ShockPuppet said:

Yes it is.

There is a way, but it would allow only trees along rivers and around lakes.

I'm delighted! I'd love to have this mod. Who can make it , how difficult is to do that? Is there a way I can help?

won't this idea make it so you run out of logs alot???? unless the forrester overrides it and can plant anywhere.

23 minutes ago, stiles said:

won't this idea make it so you run out of logs alot???? unless the forrester overrides it and can plant anywhere.

Maybe it could be a hard difficulty map seed ,at least you will have enough logs to make trading post and buy logs from trader. Or if it could be override then it would be great..

5 hours ago, Slavepetrich said:

I'm delighted! I'd love to have this mod. Who can make it , how difficult is to do that? Is there a way I can help?

We will remember it for the Rise of the Pharaoh mod, it will suit it perfectly.

1 person likes this