Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

elemental

CC1.7 - First Impressions

39 posts in this topic

One more little thing I noticed. The new female marble statue (at least I think it's new in 1.7) is available as a normal statue but isn't available as a ghost.

4 hours ago, elemental said:

your texturing skills have certainly advanced to a whole new level with 1.7

Thanks :) This will come in handy for the new game we are working on.

2 people like this

Another little bug. The old (pre 1.7) dairy texture looks weird. I haven't built it but on preview half the building is showing as black.

1 hour ago, elemental said:

The old (pre 1.7) dairy texture looks weird.

Oh. Somehow the old Dairy got the AO file from the new Dairy, so it was playing havoc with lighting. Fixed for future updates.

Another one that I forgot last night. This one's for @ShockPuppet. One of the sacks on the new dry goods trader is doing something rather peculiar and unnatural.

Could you also put the old versions of the traders in the old buildings menu or offer them as F variants? Sometimes you want more than one of each and variety is always a good thing.

2 hours ago, elemental said:

One of the sacks on the new dry goods trader is doing something rather peculiar and unnatural.

hmm is it dancing around??? eating kids? feeding the kids candys and apples? maybe it is growing giant bean stalks to the moon???hmm ohhh i know it is turning coal into cola or gold......... O.o lol

Your first guess is the closest. It's levitating through the wall! The local cleric wants to do an exorcism! :o

Screenshot294.jpg

1 person likes this

Whoops must've overlooked that lol, I'll fix it

how come the playground is missing a swing set??

the circle fountain is clay but the square fountain is stone.shouldn't the circle 1's be stone also??

the old dairy is wayy dark.

8 hours ago, stiles said:

the old dairy is wayy dark.

We know, elemental already said that in this thread, and I already fixed it. :)

1 person likes this

thank you. any idea why my buildings seem darker??? they used to do it when i switch NMT and CC around in the mod order. but with just CC 1.7 and the maritmes loaded they are darker. i tried changing graphic settings and the shadows changes the trees but the buildings are still darker.

17 hours ago, stiles said:

how come the playground is missing a swing set??

Could be that the Banished safety council decided too many kids were jumping out of the swings and injuring themselves so they were banned. Or it could be because there wasn't one among the play equipment Kralyerg found and added to the set. 

2 people like this

8 hours ago, estherhb said:

Could be that the Banished safety council decided too many kids were jumping out of the swings and injuring themselves so they were banned. Or it could be because there wasn't one among the play equipment Kralyerg found and added to the set. 

Or it could be that, in the opinion of someone like me, the playground equipment is far too modern for the game and doesn't need to be there at all? :o

:P

:D

So I'm playing Devil's Advocate here but for what it's worth, playgrounds didn't really come into existence until the mid-1800s because generally it wasn't until the 1800s that lifespan was long enough in developed countries to allow children to have a "childhood" as we know it.

1 person likes this

Some people really wanted playground equipment so it was added. It looks a bit modern to me too but then, no one is forcing me to use it.  I often put a veggie garden next to the school and figure the students will be trained in the fine art of growing crops :)  We aren't raising any slackers in MY town!

4 people like this

13 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Some people really wanted playground equipment so it was added. It looks a bit modern to me too but then, no one is forcing me to use it.  I often put a veggie garden next to the school and figure the students will be trained in the fine art of growing crops :)  We aren't raising any slackers in MY town!

Slightly off track (but seriously), I'd love to see some screenshots :D  

Ahem, devs, can we please have a "NO SLACKERS" sign???  
Hahahaha!!

1 person likes this

The new building designs of CC:1.7 Journey is really great. But I really miss the city wall with the portcullis thing. I really love that stuff. Please add that, please. . .

Have you looked at the new City Wall set under Decorations? It may have what you are looking for.

There is a new city wall set, indeed. But I'm looking for the city wall like this one.

Military section entrance.jpg