Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

scheissregistrierung

CC 1.7 + New Medieval Town

58 posts in this topic

With CC1.6 it was possible to use New Medieval Town (and The Fountain and Forest Oupost). With CC1.7 the game either crashes or NMT-icons don't show up in the menu.

What's your load order? I have CC 1.7, NMT, The Fountain Mod, Forest Outpost and a few others and I don't have any problems so far. I just finished a session of my current town with all these mods about 30 minutes ago. I have NMT & the Fountain Mod placed below CC 1.7, I can't remember specifically where Forest Outpost is (I'll have to check when I get home) but I think it might be below CC as well.

as you can see in my 2 pairs of screenshot, CC 1.71 + NMT 2.04 or the other order : NMT 2.04 + CC 1.71 works perfectly well.

make sure everytime you ADD or your turn OFF a mod in your mod window , OR switch any mod of load order, always make sure never start a game rightaway.

ALWAYS close the game and restart the game. always.

20170127002000_1.jpg

20170127002013_1.jpg

20170127002515_1.jpg

20170127002523_1.jpg

1 person likes this

That also raises a very important point, did you install the mod and try to start a saved game? The recommended procedure for a major mod like CC 1.7, is to install it and start a new game

I haven't been able to play the game with the Medieval Town mod, I have exactly the same versions of Banished, CC 1.71 and Mt 2.04. It does work to start a new map with the mods both activated. But quitting the game or exiting, makes it crash. I have disabled all other mods and I have tried running CC on top and MT on top, doesn't change. I really hope it will work soon. My town planning depends on MT, so I think I will be using the megamod till CC 1.71 and MT 2.04 work together. 

However, i would like to thank everyone working on this for the great content that you have made, it has really changed the game for me and you guys are amazing!

18 minutes ago, Batavier said:

But quitting the game or exiting, makes it crash.

If you read up in the this thread, Ketchup says "make sure everytime you ADD or you turn OFF a mod in your mod window , OR switch any mod of load order, always make sure never start a game rightaway.  ALWAYS close the game and restart the game. always."

So enable the mods you want, then exit the entire game, then load the game back up, and your mods should already be selected. Now when you quit your game it won't crash.

Thank you, how stupid of me not to try that. I thought Quit had the same result as Exit. Thanks for replying! 

there is a conflict. you can play until you make a pasture then it fatal errors out. after much testing,somehow CC 1.7+NMT give you 3 set of cattle:freishman cows,beef cows,and "cow".did not happen in the older versions and it does not happen if you load CC journey by itself.

I'm pretty sure 1.6 plus NMT had all those cows. Friesians and beef cows are from CC, cows and milky cows are NMT (I think).

I'm using both mods in my current game. I have two pastures with Friesians. No crashing.

Are you using any other mods with pastures? DSSV beta?

1 person likes this

I'm the same as @elemental, I have both those mods, (CC 1.7, NMT 2.04) active - and plenty more :D - and I do not get any crashes from using them together. I've also had the three different cow types mentioned above, in the same town without any problems.

the crash happens after building a pasture on the next season change. from early season to season, early spring to spring,etc. i tried something goofy that isn't suppose to work but just as a crazy test. i put CC nf above CC journy and turned both on. yeah i get some funny building icons in the toolbar but the game functions and my fatal error goes away.

ELEMENTAL, are you using nmt 2.04 with CC 1.7??

i do stand corrected there is 3 cow sets in the older CC+nmt. with the many animal branches i just never realzed it since i didn't but the cow type.only reason i found it now,was after the error i debugged and tested the pastures. i went back to an old old save game,built 2 pastures 1 to frieshian cows,1 to cow, and it functions with no fatal error.

should be fresian cow black and white from CC

should be milky cows black and white from NMT

should be vanilla cattle , brown, with no milk.

thats the 3 you have ?

the NMT milk cow is black/white tags as "cow"

36 minutes ago, stiles said:

the NMT milk cow is black/white tags as "cow"

yeah right. code is "milkycow" but at the screen is "cow"

to me that is all i can figure,that when they made the new CC,they switched somethiing in the animal code and the game gets confused. i never used megamod. did the CC team somehow use the coding from the megamod ,or parts of it, when making the CC journey? in adding the NMT to the old CC to make the MM,they would have made changes to the coding then.

5 hours ago, stiles said:

ELEMENTAL, are you using nmt 2.04 with CC 1.7??

I have CC1.7 and whatever the current version of NMT is. It's been a while since NMT changed. CC on top.

Are you using any other mods that have pastures? Kid made one (or more) and I think the newest DSSV beta has a pasture too. I haven't actually used that version, so I'm not sure if it has one or not.

Having two versions of CC should not be necessary.

Maybe you could list your mods here, in order?

Considering that MegaMod is basically a compilation of many mods including CC it's extremely unlikely that MegaMod caused a change in how CC 1.7 was made. As I understand it, MegaMod is the work of someone in the BlackLiquid team but it's not a product of the whole team and CC 1.7 is independent from the development of MM.

It's much more likely that there is something else going on with your mods/game/computer. The first thing I can think of is what versions of the mods are you using (other mods, not just NMT & CC) and what version of the base game are you running? If any of them are out of date then there's likely to be conflicts that cause the crash.

5 hours ago, elemental said:

I have CC1.7 and whatever the current version of NMT is. It's been a while since NMT changed. CC on top.

Are you using any other mods that have pastures? Kid made one (or more) and I think the newest DSSV beta has a pasture too. I haven't actually used that version, so I'm not sure if it has one or not.

Having two versions of CC should not be necessary.

Maybe you could list your mods here, in order?

Same here for me and I also have DSSV Beta2, Kid's smaller pastures mod along with Forest Outpost, Small Town Rowhouses, Maritimes, Pesky Produce, Seed Diversity and more. I have no problems running the game with all the pastures and animals added by the various mods. The reason I mentioned some of those other mods is that they make significant changes to the base game and make load order a little troublesome.

It seems that for the majority of people, playing with those mods has not caused the crashing problem that stiles is having so I feel we have to narrow the search to something more specific with his setup rather than looking at a particular mod as being the cause (granted an outdated version of the mod could be - and I think, probably is - the cause of the crash).

ohh i know i don't need both CC versions. i just did that as a test to see what would happen. i took banished out andput it back.cleared the registry,etc,etc. wayy too many tests and restarts. at the moment it looks to be that a 3rd mod is effecting these two that did not affect the CC1.6+NMT before.  that is the strange part.so now i will have to chase the grmlin farther.