Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

New Game In Development

51 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Ketchup said:

yeah thats sad, we never got support :(

but back to your game : what exactly you are planning for , for your game ? a kind of banished 2.0 ? 

Yes kind of.

We need to get our new terrain system working well first. 

What are you considering for object location or building placement and what sort of limitations?

good. will it be a map sourrounded by mountain like banished ? or surrounded by ocean like life is feudal ? or can we get some hydrib ? both in same time ? (like 1-2 side mountain, 1-2 other side with water)

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Kristahfer said:

What are you considering for object location or building placement and what sort of limitations?

Non grid buildings. Maybe some easy way to snap them to be grid placeable because some people like that. Large worlds.

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

good. will it be a map sourrounded by mountain like banished ? or surrounded by ocean like life is feudal ? or can we get some hydrib ? both in same time ? (like 1-2 side mountain, 1-2 other side with water)

Combination of the terrains you can imagine, land, beach, mountains, island. For the outside edge of the map there is no preference, we can put anything - land, sea, mountain.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out .... I've been following another game development here

http://www.synekism.com/

Obviously he's heading towards building big cities always assuming he ever gets past creating an alpha version of it.

Edited by catty-cb
spelling

I will not lie, i could love see a city builder game in setting like game Saelig is. Problem is, that doubt it might happend...

12 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

...Large worlds.

Oh boy large worlds. Even on the CC Very Large Maps it seems small at times. I would like to see a series of maps that are linked in some way so you can ship items between maps. Maybe like one map you can use for resource production, another for forests, crops and orchards, then the villages and towns on another. The complexity of having to manage three or four maps that were linked in some way would be a quite a challenge. 

Today our terrain programmer submitted the new "endless water" code. Good for staring out longingly from shore.

We are starting a discussion of fire. Besides the internal lighting on buildings, and the sun, we need to have a full fire with firelight system.

I've promised to make a campfire with pot in 3d for the programmers to test the FX.

4 people like this

Hey ShockPuppet, I'm a fan

Banished is only what it is because of CC.  It was just a skeleton, which was fleshed out into the rich game I have now and dumped hundreds of hours in.  There is NOTHING else like it.  Banished may go, but I believe that the BlackLiquid team is on to something here. 

Make your own robust banished game, put it on Steam early access and I will buy it.  Use the proceeds to develop the core game and release it.  Then use the proceeds to finance the development of tons of DLC crap, and I will probably buy them too.  With each new DLC release, put the core game on 30% off to attract attention.  Now you are basically printing money.  You want marketing guys, let me know.

How old is Crusader Kings 2 now?  How much more money have I spent on DLC vs the core game?  Some will always complain about the DLC model but I believe Paradox has the right formula.  They get a lot of my gaming budget and I'm still a happy customer.

This is your chance guys, I'm pulling for you but time is always against you.

2 people like this