Maps. I'm sick of the tiny streams.
Is there a terrain type with only 1 lake and 1 river (not those damned streams)?

The first thing I do on anew map is to use the terrain tool (red) to cover any streams in or close to my initial village. So, choosing a terrain type that doesn't have these annoyances from the start would be great.
Sorry for such a late reply.
Just roll and re-roll a map until you get what you want. I'd not be automatically wiping out streams though. Boats will come down streams if they connect to a river. So, for example, if you have a lake and it only has a stream into it, but that stream connects to a river, then you can put a trading post on that lake. 

But mostly, just re-roll til you get what you like. There's 15 terrain types, I think. But in any of those (except obvious ones that might not lend well to lots of rivers), I always re-roll to find a map I like. They can be so very different, even within a single terrain type. I will often roll 5 to 10 times before I choose a map.

Here's a nice river map. You have to keep the seed, map size and terrain the same, to get the same map. But you can change the climate and starting conditions.
(I think this image is going to load in imgur, so here's a direct link that should bypass imgur: large flat plains map
[Image: unknown.png?ex=6656aef2&is=66555d72&hm=2...515f5c1b3&]
(05-28-2024, 07:16 AM)Tay Wrote: Sorry for such a late reply.
Just roll and re-roll a map until you get what you want. I'd not be automatically wiping out streams though. Boats will come down streams if they connect to a river. So, for example, if you have a lake and it only has a stream into it, but that stream connects to a river, then you can put a trading post on that lake. 

But mostly, just re-roll til you get what you like. There's 15 terrain types, I think. But in any of those (except obvious ones that might not lend well to lots of rivers), I always re-roll to find a map I like. They can be so very different, even within a single terrain type. I will often roll 5 to 10 times before I choose a map.

Here's a nice river map. You have to keep the seed, map size and terrain the same, to get the same map. But you can change the climate and starting conditions.
(I think this image is going to load in imgur, so here's a direct link that should bypass imgur: large flat plains map
[Image: unknown.png?ex=6656aef2&is=66555d72&hm=2...515f5c1b3&]
You can reroll as much as you like, you won't ever get a map without at least one stream (as far as I've seen in all the years I've player Banished). What I was looking for was a map/terrain choice with no stream. 1 lake, 1 river, not too many mountains, that would be my ideal map.