Poll: When MegaMod gets updated, how would you prefer the toolbar layout to be? Grouped by mod, or grouped by function?
Each mod in it\'s own subtoolbar group (CC in its own toolbar, NMT in its own toolbar, DSSV in its own toolbar, etc)
All similar types of buildings together, regardless of originating mods (all housing together, all markets together, etc)
Some other idea (Please explain in comments)
[Show Results]

Future MegaMod Toolbar

I like the idea that <strong style="font-weight:bold;"><a data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16-watersmoon110/&do=hovercard&referrer=http%253A%252F%252Fblackliquidsoftware.com%252Findex.php%253F%252Ftopic%252F1146-future-megamod-toolbar%252F%2526page%253D2%2526csrfKey%253Da76eb2594109e921fe4a06bbdf0147a0" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16-watersmoon110/" style="color:inherit;text-decoration:none;background-color:transparent;" title="Go to WatersMoon110's profile">WatersMoon11</a>0 put forward. One issue that I see may happen with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> is the amount of time necessary to keep it updated. One of the earlier posts spoke to that also.  I really like having groups by maker and by function would be my choice if possible. But like <a data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard&referrer=http%253A%252F%252Fblackliquidsoftware.com%252Findex.php%253F%252Ftopic%252F1146-future-megamod-toolbar%252F%2526page%253D2%2526csrfKey%253Da76eb2594109e921fe4a06bbdf0147a0" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/" style="color:inherit;text-decoration:none;background-color:transparent;" title="Go to Ketchup's profile">Ketchup</a>, I will support what ever Blackliquid brings to the table.</strong>

Would a simple solution not be just to categorize everything together like it's one big mod created by the same person...everything being placed in the right category it belongs.

Then simply highlight each item with the color of the modder.

This way the modders are still getting credit and everyone still know's who made what and yet everything is easier to find without having to go back and forth for the same building types.

This is more efficient and modders are credited in a same but more efficient way.

Quote:
4 hours ago, jjones_50 said:

Would a simple solution not be just to categorize everything together like it's one big mod created by the same person...everything being placed in the right category it belongs.

Then simply highlight each item with the color of the modder.

This way the modders are still getting credit and everyone still know's who made what and yet everything is easier to find without having to go back and forth for the same building types.

This is more efficient and modders are credited in a same but more efficient way.

That's how it is currently done.  The problem with that is it is difficult to know where all the items are to one mod if you would like to use them together.  Also, using the Community Toolbar gives greater visibility to the individual modders.  I still prefer everything to be categorized like it's one big mod.  Neither is perfect.  It will be great if Kralyerg can find a way to do both.

i wish the individual mods would load into the game that way. go under the community icon when they add to a set like the DS and medevil sets,yet also send houses to the house icon and storage to the storage icon. some mods did this before but not all. i know with so many mods i foget what all i have sometimes. you build a village and then have to chase around to see what hospital or school will look good with it. with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,sometimes you have to pick and choose by what materials you have.if you start with a grain, you can only build certain mills or silos. if the buildings group together themself you don't have to take time to click all icons to figure out which 1 you can want.

just a thought. now that we have the community icon ability can we better use it?? what if under each group the modders have their own space?? like under housing RED has a red tinted RK icon, and also he has 1 under storage,food process,city buildings,etc? same for KID,DS,etc. that still gives the recognition AND could set the buildings to their proper place.then the community icon is for sets like the mission,rowhouse,colonial,etc.but the rowhouses and buildings would still list in both places. do i get 10 stars and a cookie for this idea????? to me this makes the most sence especially if it can be coded to automatically place the mods for the modders.

Apoligize in advance not trying to spam, and no idea where to post this actually.

The mod is really to huge for me to get into because theres just to much lol. It's insanity. Really cool but overwhelming.

If any modders are interested I would be willing to pay for a custom Japanese style mod.

Could be fairly simple or advanced just depending on the amount of time available someone might would have.

I also could pay a little bit in advance so you know I am not wasting your time and you guys could also publish it as part of any of your mod collections you desire as a nice update.

I like it better if everything stays in category. overall it seems more efficient to have all houses together and all builds of the same type together. the color coding system that is currently implemented seems to work well so far. I don't wanna have to go through 7 different folders or more to look at all the different types of black smith or houses or bakeries or something else. I appreciate the different mod devs but I dont ever really see the point in segregating them all separately. Doesn't improve efficiency or user friendliness kind of makes it worse imo. It does please and feed into making it to where people will say " I like this dev or I like this dev better" so im going to build only his stuff or mostly his stuff and not open any of the other dev folders. Feeds a bit into a kind of I only want this devs culture stuff. That's how I see it at least. Easy thing all they have to do too is just remember the color of the dev they want to build stuff from. I use stuff from everyone. whatever building is the most efficient by production speed or size I use it. sometimes for looks but usually efficiency by speed or space.

Overall I just hope for a megamod update soon with all the new things from 1.75 or whatever version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> it will be when megamod gets updated. I will just be happy when it does come out. I am on the side of make all things of the same building type together.

Personally, I like to build cities with different areas, but I also like to be able to find all of a type of building in one place. Ideally for me, All houses/raw food/processed food/etc. would have their own menu (or sub-menu in the case of food buildings and other goods) and there would still be menu for the themed sets (like the Docks, Quay, etc.).

That way, if I'm building an area with a specific theme, I can find everything in one place, but if I'm looking for a specific type of building, I can just find that instead.