Poll: When MegaMod gets updated, how would you prefer the toolbar layout to be? Grouped by mod, or grouped by function?
Each mod in it\'s own subtoolbar group (CC in its own toolbar, NMT in its own toolbar, DSSV in its own toolbar, etc)
All similar types of buildings together, regardless of originating mods (all housing together, all markets together, etc)
Some other idea (Please explain in comments)
[Show Results]

Future MegaMod Toolbar

but keep in mind, even if i voted for the community toolbar (great feature) and the modder toolbars... and explained my opinion... because it has been asked in this topic...

and i think my opinion worth anyone else's opinion ^^

i will still always accept what will BlackLiquid will decide [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> whatever they decide [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

i always always supported them since Day 1 and i will always support them [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Personally id like building types grouped together like markets, houses, etc sorta like it is currently but with more defining factors/sub-types such as tech/building quality so all of wooden houses together, stone houses, advanced houses and high quality houses

But ofc's creators discretion, if i wanted to be picky id make my own totally awesome mega mod.... hahaha [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Don't misunderstand me. I like Megamod. Colour coding is good and I found out new awesome mods and modders from Megamod.

It's a great job, as the mods that contains.

I just think that focus on the modders recognition should remain the goal, in the future development.

Perhaps the little pop-up blurb that describes what each building is (the one in the menu, before you build it) should give the modder's name.

That sounds good.

Grouped by function with the modder's name, and maybe the set name, in the pop-up, can be a good solution.

Plus colour coding, obviously  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/happy.png[/img]/emoticons/happy@2x.png 2x" title="^_^" width="20" />

A compromise might be to have maybe something like a button for building sets, which organizes the buildings that are visually compatible together, while on the main toolbar have the buildings sorted by function.

The main problem with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> right now seems to be that it's too large and that no matter how you organize it, there will be simply too much content to allow finding anything to be easy. Kind of like what is happening with the jobs bar.

Quote:
18 hours ago, Paeng said:

Well, that's not new or unusual... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Simcity has ~40.000+ published mods, and the vast majority are single units. Sure, we're far from that number, however they are rising here as well. Sooner or later players will need to break down their collections, away from an all-in-one huge mod... else the toolbar icons will just cover every bit of screen real estate  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Anyway, you have the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> for now, that's pretty cool for those who like it. Personally, I go for the modular sets where I can pick and choose what I want to use.

This discussion will always end up 50/50... more or less  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Speaking of which, are you the same Paeng that made all of those epic mods/addons for Simcity 4?  If so, then a big thanks are in order... your work is great, I downloaded a ton of your stuff for that game! hahaha.

Quote:
4 hours ago, Endmateria said:

are you the same Paeng

Yeah, that would be me same... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Seems like a long time in the past already... Thanks for your kind words, glad you enjoy(ed) my stuff  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

Yeah, that game was a beautiful tragedy...  the original code not being designed to properly handle multi-core processors and all.  Still, that game had something addictive that Cities: Skylines can't touch.  Memories haha.  But in regards to the OP, as nice as it is having everything properly sorted by function... I'd probably go with whatever is easiest for you guys to update.  If every modder has his own tab in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, that makes less work every time the Megamod has to be updated/recompiled right?  It also gives modders the attention they deserve while leaving the original vanilla toolbar nice and clean as Ketchup was saying, as well as the fact that it frees up more toolbar space for future mod growth as Paeng was saying.  Sorry this is just from a user's perspective, but if I were a modder, and I was thinking "long term", then I'd probably be thinking expediency over function.... as I imagine it will get tedious having to update <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> every time 1 of the 200 mods included has/needs an update.

Quote:
On 3/6/2017 at 6:12 PM, Kralyerg said:

That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how the game will register a doubly linked toolbar, if it will understand or if will somehow double the building, and double the filesize. But it's an option worth exploring.

It would certainly be ideal (for me) to be able to have a main toolbar with everything sorted by function, and a secondary toolbar with everything sorted by set (with by modder being close enough).

Most times I just want to build a house, and would like to have all the houses available to compare. But sometimes I want to have a neighborhood that matches, and it would be great if I could find just the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> set, or just the Docks set, ect. And, being selfish, I want both options (also I would like them now please *wink*). But who knows if the game would allow for something like that (and how expensive it would be, even if it does)?

Pipe dreams aside, the only thing I am sure of is that whichever option you end up going with a number of people will probably be unhappy. Also that I'll be confused for a few hours until I get used to the new menu, and it will take me a good week to find everything again. *smile* Both menu set ups have their benefits, so I don't really mind if it has to be one or the other.