Maritimes Development Thread

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> huh... never thought about that... they mush have identical file names or something. I'll change over the file names when I get a chance and see if it changes anything. No idea why the fatal access violation would occur though...

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> thanks for pointing that out. It was because the docks used the same file names, thats what happens when you call things 'dock' or 'dock1' etc. I've renamed all of the dock pieces (and every other thing that said 'dock') to 'MaritimesDock...". I'll do the same with all of the buildings, I think their might be an issue in the future with things like the ropery etc. Good to know that your mod names need to be truly unique!

As for the fatal access violation, that should also be solved.

I've tested above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot700.jpg.a85fcc6e84291e2c40bdb7a546c960e9.jpg" data-fileid="685">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot700.thumb.jpg.7713dd4858f01920bd95f79a29002952.jpg[/img]</a>

And below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot701.jpg.985df2fe8e31ea746ce9861d17228889.jpg" data-fileid="686">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot701.thumb.jpg.e35597d0c22b26615d5f1c03aaa84695.jpg[/img]</a>

No problems (that I saw...)

Oh, and the maritimes and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> dock pieces fit so well together!!!

File has been updated in the forge and google drive... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2nh4i...l92NV9qcEk

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> Wow that was fast! Awesome work as always [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

It was exactly because the Maritimes pieces fitted well with the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> pieces that I discovered the issue. I had used them together with the previous version of Maritimes and was trying to do the same with this new town.

I have recently started playing the Medium start condition with the Vegetable Garden start meaning that I have one type of crop seed at the beginning (and one orchard seed) so your Maritimes mod is a very helpful food producer for the start of the town.

The Vegetable Garden mod is by Nomad/Kid1293 and can be found here: - 

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/878-Vegetable-Garden or here: - http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?act...w;down=153

how do you get the start to set "vegetable garden",when using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>?? necora,good job keeping those testers busy.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> yeah you caught me on a break at work and it was a quick fix with the right programs. Bulk Rename Utility and Notepad++ are my best friends sometimes.

I've never used the veg garden mod. I like the idea of it though, for smaller areas. Might have to give it a go some time.

Quote:
3 minutes ago, stiles said:

how do you get the start to set "vegetable garden",when using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>?? necora,good job keeping those testers busy.

There's two versions of the Vegetable Garden mod (VegetableGarden and VegetableGardenStart), the first just adds the seeds, the sorting shed & storage shed while the second places all of those items as a start condition so long as you use the vanilla Medium setting for Starting Conditions.

If you use any other Starting Condition then the buildings are available to construct but you will have the normal two crop seeds + one orchard seed situation and whether you get the Vegetable seeds is random chance. Otherwise you have to buy the seeds from a trader.

Both versions are available on the links I posted above however the VegetableGardenStart mod is listed in the general description (towards the end of the description) so that variant is not quite as noticeable as the first variant which is listed exactly where you would expect it to be, in the mod's download link. Like I mentioned, if you don't use the vanilla Medium starting condition, you still get all the benefits of the Vegetable Garden which means you can use just the VegetableGardenStart rather than having both mods and enabling/disabling the one you want to use/not use when you start a new town.

I like to use it as part of the starting conditions because it makes things a little harder without being really harsh - meaning that I can better tailor the difficulty level I want to use.

Quote:
22 minutes ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> yeah you caught me on a break at work and it was a quick fix with the right programs. Bulk Rename Utility and Notepad++ are my best friends sometimes.

I've never used the veg garden mod. I like the idea of it though, for smaller areas. Might have to give it a go some time.

If I remember the discussion correctly, Kid made the mod exactly because someone wanted a sort of backyard vegetable patch that represented the kind of mixed collection that people grew to supplement their normal food acquisition. I think the person who requested it wanted to have some sort of small crop field that could be located near houses that were further away from a main town so that the people didn't have to travel as far for food.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> yeah I vaguely remember reading that request thread. I need to pay more attention to what is going on over at WOB! There is some fantastic stuff there.

So a quick development log... I managed to get a bit of time this eve to re-texture the rope maker and dory builder with the new texture method, and they came out pretty well. I also started re-texturing the level 2 fishery set, which needed a fair bit more work. So far, I took the bigger building with the tower and decided it was too big for these fisheries, so I made it bigger! This meant I could to turn it into a storage building, figured the building style was more fitting for that purpose. I am currently re-designing the actual fishery buildings for this set, trying to add some variation. I think a few F-variants, each with a different colour and a slight different lay out. I will post pictures of them when I get them done. Also, I am finishing off the small Port Royal buildings as the lumber cutter will be needed to build these fisheries. 

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot162.jpg.6be915f79dc732e40145ddf0b9900464.jpg" data-fileid="703">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot162.thumb.jpg.7f49fb56658e8f2ab9fb7ce36d45c0ec.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot160.jpg.039b27996368183e5e84113a9ef2126c.jpg" data-fileid="707">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot160.thumb.jpg.ebd7ac6b1baee4a140f7fb47d0cac846.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot161.jpg.09f8e513aeeca5037828130393cf1a65.jpg" data-fileid="708">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot161.thumb.jpg.64363a668d37f92974ed2a1fc5ba3bf4.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot164.jpg.a717af5ef87f5b422a8c7281f6c438b4.jpg" data-fileid="705">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot164.thumb.jpg.b51320301da5ead0150dfa420a0e0b1a.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot165.jpg.ce79ea91b4e22bae665c208ffdecd505.jpg" data-fileid="706">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot165.thumb.jpg.b2d9720dfe2ebd28dbed8100e0c3464c.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot163.jpg.2eb3af5e201cefb2ed4e4baec921081c.jpg" data-fileid="704">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot163.thumb.jpg.51fe4e1ff06af19d5ee2c0f1f33c78ba.jpg[/img]</a>

thank you for the explanation. i do have the mod,just not the start condition. probly cause as you said it doesn't work with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. that was a neat idea. i wish someone would do that with a few sheep,chickens,and a cow or 2-mixed barnyard animals.only problem being it does take 2 workers to make the mod function fully.

yes,necora WOB has lots over there. if i get feeling better,i want to go thru there and here and make a list of some of the good ideas that are floating around. lots of requests here and there that get lost in the shuffle so to speak.