Maritimes Development Thread

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> Personally I think what you're considering for the mod is a great idea. I'm always happy to have more variation in my game and this way your mod will work as a stand-alone town mod like <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> and DS Small Village. But it also would go further than those two (as they are at the moment), expanding certain industries to a level similar to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

I for one would love to see the dory builder back again because while I want to create a town with Banished without the level unlocking of buildings found in many other city builders (e.g. Cities XXL, Cities: Skylines), I still like some challenge such as setting up the production chains. For example, the first time I used your second tier of fisheries, I had to wait several game years before I could get enough flax to make rope. Then I found out that rope from the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> ropery could be used by the boat builder. It's those sorts of situations and discoveries that keep the game engaging for me.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> Dory builder is in the latest update [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

zOMG .... Just awesome!!  I can't wait to try it out, off to download now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

1)  naughty question:  Can we please have a 2 x2 market place?  Standard influence area, but small enough to fit inline with the width of the other (original) Maritimes shore pieces. 

A shellfish delicacy heaven [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />; think of a small fishmonger, whether or not you set the flags to only pick up protein, that doesn't worry me, but I'm thinking of scattering them along the shoreline and then in the hills so that all my little bannies an nom on some fresh oysters!  yummo.

2)  I am loving your ideas and seeing where they are headed.  I would love (and I know it's not theme accurate), but some alternate colour options down the track.  Don't get me wrong, I'm black to the core and your orange is outstanding, but I do like some diversity too.

I will be back in a few hours after I've given this update a good go.

Ques:  Can this be loaded into an existing map where there are NO previous buildings, or do I start from scratch (I'll try anyway, but it's good to ask, others will too).

Oi read the instructions on the page ...  honestly my excitement makes me stupid some days. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I <3 <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>'s awesome talent. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> Some small shellfish markets, yeah that should be possible, and pretty realistic too. I'll put it on the list! And about the black, well using it extensively, that was a one off for the port royal set. There will be a lot more red to come, and some other colours too. Most Maritimes buildings are pretty colourful (a lot of red) so I'm definitely going to add more.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Quote:
1 minute ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> Some small shellfish markets, yeah that should be possible, and pretty realistic too. I'll put it on the list! And about the black, well using it extensively, that was a one off for the port royal set. There will be a lot more red to come, and some other colours too. Most Maritimes buildings are pretty colourful (a lot of red) so I'm definitely going to add more.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Very exciting [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'm still trying to find someone who will do a Melbourne based beach set, which would fit right in with your shore theme, the seaside and all that, and we have colourful shore buildings [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Not that I'm adding anything on your plate, just that I have a love of the shore theme and what it means to my gameplay, what you have done has meant a lot to me, different country etc, but close to my shore heart. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/bathing-house-header-3.thumb.jpg.55e569053e7421a43f8d21f012ea3800.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/bathing11.jpg.91200024225eaec7e1bb70c898803223.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/low-res-2-Many-Bathing-Boxes-and-ocean-Brighton-VIC-Feb-10-2014-1250x874.thumb.jpg.cf2eb722f1aaaa3c50b9552cc2e36b99.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/587453d8d39b6_morningbeachhouses.jpg.537d3f35781e2a94a2964638948666b3.jpg[/img]

Quote:
1 hour ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> Dory builder is in the latest update [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Excellent. I've just finished downloading the update so I'm going to fire up Banished and give it a look [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'll be honest, big production chains scare me. That being said, I do like the idea that you can't go right from a shore fisher to a deep ocean fishery. An idea maybe, is to consolidate the buildings. For example, have a weaver that can make sail-cloth in addition to regular cloth. (Also, wouldn't hemp be a better choice for rope and sail cloth?) Spars are made by the blacksmith, etc.

Though a little quibble, from what I understand, isn't the hull built first, then plated? Wouldn't it make more sense for sails, spars, lumber, and copper to be mixed together at the shipyard to make ships? (Or just use the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> ship components, I mean people have been dismantling and rebuilding ships since the ancient Egyptians.)

Quote:
9 hours ago, Necora said:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/FishL301.thumb.jpg.7e8e45e84eac3e491bb964d9f14a83b5.jpg[/img]

looks amazing, like something im working on at the moment

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/9-B-gentlmns_horse.gif.95b0c6b32bf2dcbff9c11a526324aec7.gif[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> doesn't quite fit in with my theme, but if I find myself with a bit of free time you never know what I might build.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> how'd it go?

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/153-feneris/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="153" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/153-feneris/">@Feneris</a> yup hemp will be better, I need to put it in. Flax was convenience more than anything. As for combined buildings, we'll see. One thing I wanted is diversity, so was thinking of a range of production buildings rather than just one jack of all trades. But it depends how it all goes I guess. And you are right, the keel is laid down first then everything built on top of it. However, as far as I am aware, each production building can only take three supplies to make a product, so you would be limited by what you can put together. Perhaps it would be better to have hull components instead of hulls and have the production building for these as more of a packaging job such as the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> homewares and building supplies suppliers. Then they get sent to the ship yard along with the rest.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> that looks like a better version of the stable I made for the crystal cliffs barn haha.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> Quite well although I haven't got a location yet for placing all the Port Royal pieces as one cohesive whole. However there's so much variety now in your set that I'm going to have to expand the town again just so I can use more pieces from Maritimes!