Maritimes Development Thread

NECORA,u have done something different. you took the chains of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and expanded the links in it. we need 4 of you, 1 in australia,1 in the mountains,1 who is an indian of the great lakes......

that tailor on the left,i thought was goina be a nice cabin. i had visions of hanging snowshoes by the door,a firewood pile on the side,etc. a tile longer,double the width, and add a veranda porch to go all the way across the fron and down 1 side.add some snowshoes,a bow,some traps,an axe for decorations/ throw a chipmunk or 2 under a corner of the porch..... i do like that texture.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> finally got a chance to play some more, and whilst had the Bugtracker open, I thought i'd give myself some wheat and try out the CrystalStable with the Wheat option.

I let it run through for a number of months and the building didn't produce any Domesticated Animals.  

So then I added some cheeky corn, after a large harvest I switched the CrystalStable to use corn and now I have Domesticated Animals. 

It's just standard wheat, no added mods for it, so it's odd [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/589c5fc85436e_20170209Screenshot280cr.jpg.4e9aa01fe852dc1ed555e154501d62b0.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/589c5fca073ad_20170209Screenshot286cr.jpg.1585651ff5c389957e53637625d5e9eb.jpg[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> hmm on the face of it I can't see why that would be. You don't have wheat as inedible do you? Not sure if that would change anything. If it persists, try following the farmer who works there. If they are running back and forth between storage and stable with wheat constantly at hand, then there is a storage flag issue. I don't know why, the only think I can think of is that you are using the inedible wheat mod and the stable can't store inedible foods.

Solved [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Using the inedible wheat mod, I got sick of the Bannies running off with it whilst I was testing another mod that uses wheat ...  

so, that's easy then [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> great.

Food flags and storage confuse me, there is only 1 limit, Food, yet there seems to be a few flags, edible, grain, protein, vegetable... I guess if you remove the 'edible' flag from something it is not edible, but it still needs to have another flag. Problem is when your production or storage is just set to 'edible' and doesn't have individual flags of 'protein', 'grain', etc. then it will not accept them. I'll add the grain flag to the stables (and bakery) so that they can still store grains even if inedible. I'll also do the same to all of my food storage so that they can accept the all items. 

I'm on mobile so I can't actually check right now, but I believe that the citizens can't carry inedible items at all (for the exact same reason buildings can't store them). If you're using Maritimes and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> together, it's fine, but if you're using Maritime and inedible foods you might run into issues.

It might be worth it to edit the Template/Citizens.rsc file and add all 4 of the food group flags into the citizen storage. And while you're at it, add the CoalFuel flag. That's what we did.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> thanks for that. I didn't even think of the citizens as well. I already added CoalFuel for Materials, and have now added Grain, Protein, Fruit, and Vegetable to the citizen file and any food storage buildings.

Thanks for the heads up!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a>, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a>, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a>, and @anyoneelsewhoisinterested, a new Beta test for you all to try and break!

Plan update - There will be a few snow days coming up, provided I still have power, a great excuse to spend the day modding! The pine set is coming along. I have a few small things to add, although the list keeps getting longer the more time I take on things. 

Left to add...

> Backyard chicken coop, model inspiration from <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a>. A small, 1x1 chicken coop, holds a couple of chickens, produces a steady amount of chicken, feathers, and eggs.

> A backyard goat pen (with reasonably sized goat) that produces goat milk, meat, and wool.

> Whiskey Still in the style of the turpentine still for <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/153-feneris/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="153" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/153-feneris/">@Feneris</a>

> I want to think of a nice little brewer too

> and of course a saloon or tavern to serve this ale. This will be in the form of a corner building, I love corner buildings, and realised I don't have any.

> A lodging house, also in the form of a corner building to match the saloon.

> A hospital, found a great but of inspiration for a nice hospital building.

> A pine town hall/meeting house

> A firewood chopper

> a few more houses

> I would ultimately like to add an overhaul of clothing, something different, something fun. Whether that makes it into this up date I don't know, but the foundations for this should.

While I finish these, here is the next Beta to test and try to break.

But what is new?

> Fixed the reported bugs (apart from the size of the UI as reported by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4543" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/">@taniu</a>, I still have to figure that one out).

> Re-ordered the tool bar.

> Added an extra house in the form of a slope tolerant pine lodge.

> Tried to balance things a bit more - the houses now have updated occupancy, build costs, storage etc. that reflect their status.

> Sorted out storage flags (I hope).

> Up dated a few AOs and building lay outs.

> Trying to optimize/minimize the mod. I have compiled all of the string tables into one to make it easy for translations. I am currently going through and compressing textures without losing quality, as pngs are naturally very heavy files. I am also trying to sort out build stages and model weights, for example 3 build stages in a model that only has a build time of 10 is rather extreme.

> Probably more but I can't remember.

This will not be save game compatible with the old Beta test, too many changes.

Dropbox link ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrmsmq6cjdw050...s.pkm?dl=0

Google Drive link ---> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2nh4i...FQ1MHZGblk

Enjoy!

e test??  why i have no idea what i am doing??? you did say break,i guess  cani hit it with a hammer. that storm only left a couple inches here on its way north. i plan to use the gf comp and do some downloads this wkend.

The new Beta! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

Looking forward to it, just waiting for the download to finish [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

EDIT: Going to be a bit messy, my landline connection is troublesome at the best of times and won't download at any speed at the moment. I've had to log in with my tablet to get this download, fortunately, its wireless connection (while limited to only 3Gb) is super fast!