Years 10+ Food shortage and dying

If you're running Banished 1.0.7 (which you would be if you've just updated), then you need to be running the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> Compatibility mod with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> & <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

<p style="color:#666666;">
Load this above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. And load <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> above <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. Like so:

<ul style="color:#666666;">[*]
1.0.7 Compatibility

[*]
<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75

[*]
<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07

[*]
<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07 Deco Pack

</ul>
Then that should also balance things out for you as well.

Maritimes set & NatDiv need to be run over the top of the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> set, NatDiv will affect the start conditions, so just be aware of that when it happens [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  That's meant to happen!

--  If you do decide to get more Maritimes mods, including the Pine set, tag me and I'll post the order that they need to be in, if you can't see the post where the modder <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> explained it, he has it in such a way where his mods and NatDiv are compatible as start options, together - so you get the best of both worlds [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<ul style="color:#666666;">[*]
Increased ResourceCC

[*]
IronIsIron

[*]
Extra Leather

[*]
Maritimes Riffle

[*]
NatiDiv

[*]
1.0.7 Compatibility

[*]
<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75

[*]
<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07

[*]
<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07 Deco Pack

</ul>
Given you have <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> & <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> - what I would also suggest as a starter food source, is also laying a couple of duck hunters along your water ways, if you can get a really good spot, you can get some good food!!  Even when not in a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> start, I did it the other day and was still getting duck meat on a Vanilla Easy - so ....  you can try [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

For me, I make my decisions also based on what Protein (animal) and seeds I get at the start of the map.

Beef, easy - 2-4 pastures, straight away, I have a milk mod somewhere (I can't remember which mod gives milk), so I get meat and milk

Chickens, 2 - no more than that, they give eggs & feathers in no time.  Feathers & Reeds from the docks reeds, make outfits.  Eggs can then build chicken layers from docks, place 2 of them next to a bakery that makes veg quiche, (from World of Banished), and voila, 2nd tier food in no time

So - it's about the sort of food you begin with, and how you then plan from there.  I normally bin a lot of maps before I get to a good one.  I'm a fussy moo about that.

I do accept nomads, in fact I have 2 nomad attractors, especially early on in game, I know it stuffs up the education rating, but normally I they go to low menial work - like laboring, and if food is really tight, then every 2nd nomad request.

With your forestry setup try this:

Side one  --(road, 1 tile)  Side 2

Forester  --  Gatherer

Hunter  --  Herbalist

storage  -- Wild Food collector

storage -- storage  -- wild bees (the left bees, not the right - some players find in the food section there are 2 bees)

(Try and use food specific storage, fruit, protein, veg, grain etc) and a small general storage for the hunters to use etc

Then, from anywhere (normally from the back of the forester to the side, for me) a 1x30 long "all" stockpile, to the edge of the forester radius

Then setup your 2nd tier production buildings there.  

I know it may seems couter-productive at first also setting up butchers, but they are certainly worth it.  You will take a hit when they first pick up the meats, but - their output is excellent.

Make sure you have a protein specific storage right next to them - also, a protein market elsewhere that will keep moving the meat around, so the storage next to the butcher should never get too full, if it starts to get full, 0 your builders, and 'demolish' it, then wait for it to empty, then reclaim

I use a lot of specific storage units and markets so I can control produce movement, and building requirements.  If I have a big mining colony somewhere, but a blacksmith & glassworks on the other side of town then I use material specific markets next to the production buildings and let the merchants run around, rather than then blacksmiths, or the other workers - let them get on with their jobs.  It's the same (and more so) for the food producers.

Setup a food specific area, a butchery section, bakery, 2nd tier food processing, have the relevant food storage (use storage boosts if you need to) & markets, and let the merchants run, gather the food from the storage at the foresters, the barns, the pastures & farms, and if you're using a food drying mod (fish), then from the fishing docks too - lettng the merchants go and get the foods means that your workers can concentrate on putting the food together, into storage.

Then your general marketers, will come back and pick up your 2nd tier food, and take them to your Bannie communities.

Making sure you have a small market in each of your housing areas will help as well - the less your Bannies need to travel to look for things, the faster they can get back to work, which also means - even if you have to make log tools as a starter - then that's what you do - don't let the Bannies run out of tools, that will starve you quicker than a dry lake!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Lots of tips, and it's all about juggling, but I'm sure you'll find something there that jells with you and that you will be able to do, and that it makes sense, and hopefully stop your Bannies starving!!

Messages In This Thread
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by djayk85 - 07-06-2017, 05:19 AM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by Sabouma - 07-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by stiles - 07-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by djayk85 - 07-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by QueryEverything - 07-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by djayk85 - 07-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by djayk85 - 07-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by Diospectre - 07-07-2017, 08:53 AM