Years 10+ Food shortage and dying

Give me a few mins <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18128-djayk85/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="18128" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18128-djayk85/">@djayk85</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Let me get a screenshot of what I mean.  

But - yes, close!!  Very close - play around with that, until you find how comfortable you feel with it, and how it works for you.

- I use mini markets - specific markets, and only 1 merchant per small 1 - and only as the Bannie numbers are increasing, you don't want to have a merchant when you need a fisherman [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

- Housing, sometimes it's the luck of the draw - you can try and reset them as much as you can.  Set your builders to 0, 'demolish' all the houses, wait for all the contents to be empty, then go back and start to claim back the housing, if you start getting singles, or elderly when you still have young families needing homes, evict them and start again - keep going until you're happy.

- Ale, I don't worry about that until way, way, way later - I know others will set it up earlier, I don't.  Food is always my preference, so if they're eating berries rather than it being made into ale, I'm ok with that.

- You can use 'inedible mods', but they take a lot of getting used to.  I use inedible meats & a couple of others, forcing the Bannies to wait until Tier 2 food production, so I have to be very quick with the butchers etc.  In fact, I use a small Work Place mod by Kid from World of Banished which has a 1 tile Butcher, I place 3 next to the hunters and set it to Venison, straight away.

I set 2 hunters, 2 butchers (as soon as I have enough Bannies to have increased from 1:1) then, to 3 butchers).  If I have livestock like cows or sheep, then I set up a couple next to the pastures as well - making sure I have protein storage right there.  

--  I don't recommend using inedible mods until you get comfortable with them, ie - don't load 10 of them all at once [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  Unless you really want a challenge!!  OR unless you pre-build some of your village (if you role play a 'found civilisation game' etc) where you have a butcher, baker etc ready to go.

I'll be back ... 

Messages In This Thread
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by djayk85 - 07-06-2017, 05:19 AM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by Sabouma - 07-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by stiles - 07-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by djayk85 - 07-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by djayk85 - 07-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by QueryEverything - 07-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by djayk85 - 07-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Years 10+ Food shortage and dying - by Diospectre - 07-07-2017, 08:53 AM