Maritimes Development Thread

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3372-the-pilgrim/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3372" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3372-the-pilgrim/">@the Pilgrim</a> No, unfortunately it doesn't. It was just an update/finishing off of the current small shore set. I am working on the others still, although going down a slightly different route with the industry.

Perhaps we should chat about small industry... I didn't like something about that lumber cutter, not sure what it was. Actually I did like it, but I had just made it up completely. I am having trouble with inspiration when it comes to early colonial industry, because there is pretty much nothing left in the Maritimes! Most of the small town stuff is post 1800s and slightly larger, same goes with the dock stuff, it is all post 1800 even early 1900. This will be great for level 2 stuff, but the small basic stuff I kinda just made up. However, I am now using the recreated Acadian settlement of The Habitation at Port Royal, circa 1605, as inspiration for this basic level 1 industry... a blacksmith, forge, tailor, lumber yard etc. I know you had the idea of simple industry being a set of small add on structures for your houses, so did I, however I really like the way the port royal set is going right now. Perhaps if you can find inspiration for the smaller industry from colonial New England, we can do them both and have some variation!

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/PortRoyal01.jpg.851c9ef43b936322e8b0376bcdfaac49.jpg[/img]

I know that in New England, things like a blacksmith, tailor, Cooper, Chandler, or cordwainer (shoemaker) was a cottage industry and was done from the home, usually in a workshop that was built as an addition to the house or the barn. 

Until the industrial revolution only larger operations like an ironworks, shipyard or sawmill were freestanding industries. 

I think your models are excellent, the only 2 things I would change would be making one side of the tailor flat so that it can be built against a building.  The forge would be a much much larger structure and would normally be built along a watersource to operate the bellows. But your model looks perfect for small storage, or to convert into something like a cooperage or chandlery. 

I would love to share models with you and just create textures to match our individual asthetics.  Being that many of the maritimes settlers were either New Englanders or relatives of them, particularly in Nova Scotia, the shared architecture (which carries over into the homes as well) would make a large amount of sense. 

Well with regards to size, these were taken straight from those at Port Royal. The forge is simple, only will be used for melting iron ore into iron for use in the blacksmith etc, to keep in with the changes <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> made. All of these buildings will make very basic items. 

The same is around here in regards to industry run out of houses, at least small scale stuff. Perhaps a set of Port Royal and maybe we can add 1 f-variant to each model that acts as a lean too or shed extension to other buildings. At the moment the blacksmith and forge are on 2x3 lots, the tailor 2x2 and the lumber cutter, well that is technically 1x2 but overhangs to the front over the road tiles so the building is more like 1.5x2. Coding them up now, we'll see how they look in game shortly.

Needs a few minor adjustments, mostly scaling of textures, but these four are almost ready. Forge acts as a blacksmith for now though, I've not introduced iron ore yet.

Order in pictures -->> ... wood cutter (lumber or firewood) ... forge (currently a blacksmith) ... blacksmith ... tailor ...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot156.jpg.5a8ffcfd2dcb013c4683e08eb5f5d621.jpg" data-fileid="679">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot156.thumb.jpg.924c44b9faaca3de26dcfe3216497f6d.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot157.jpg.8d1eb461801ea4813e0473923b66adf2.jpg" data-fileid="680">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot157.thumb.jpg.28d89dc6387095085f4204ae65816728.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot158.jpg.2c27b85ea3096d2e9727ac8d9822a1f3.jpg" data-fileid="681">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot158.thumb.jpg.d39136cc49c2f3aedb420ece2d047b8b.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot159.jpg.2fc72ee223916e24caff7be4627498c7.jpg" data-fileid="678">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot159.thumb.jpg.6839d36652421ec1e1ffd432664c91c8.jpg[/img]</a>

Question - why deleted "Inshore Fishery" - Lobster, shrimp, herring, "Dory Builder", "Lina Market" idea was great. You can restore this piece of mods? or create a separate mod ? - Really depend<span>  - Please, please. My heart is torn because I have to choose between mods "MaritimesV102" or "Maritimes V103" These mods I like very much, because it is something new, you can build a real fishing village .</span>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4543" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/">@taniu</a> The version with the dory builder etc. is still on the link in this thread. It is the next step, but is still in development. I didn't actually put it up on the forge because it isn't finished, I put it here so people can test it out. The one on the forge is the simple level fisheries, and I up dated it to 'finish' that set. I am working on the next one now, but have to re-texture all of the models and tweak certain instances to make it work properly. I am also adding a range of production buildings to fill some of the resource production lines for it. 

Sorry for the confusion, but don't worry! The other fisheries will be added to the main mod ASAP as I get a chance to do it (back to work tomorrow.....).

I go to sleep for 8 hours and look what happens!  AMAZING! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Great work <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>

Thank you for your answer. You are very creative, fantasy, all the ideas I like. I question whether it will be a big mod as separate? Addition - sea fishing? and maybe a small bar of fish and shellfish ?, grill?

fried or cooked - seafood, fish + vegetables or other additives

Maybe someone grab this idea - Moderator "kid1293" published 2 Mods "Market BBQl" and "Market Soup" are great.

thanks[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846305f36920_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic817.png[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> I've been playing around with a new town since yesterday and I noticed a few minutes ago that your Maritimes dock pieces (the walkways) over-ride the walkways in the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> overwater village set. This is with Maritimes placed above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> in the load order obviously but I couldn't test if the situation persists with Maritimes below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> because every time I try place it below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> I get the wonderful Banished fatal access violation [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />