Maritimes Development Thread

NECORA, we need a 30x30 forrested space with a nice hunting lodge in the center with a good storage barn. and modular a loft for the housing. then the "conservationsit" or whatever fancy name we call them,can gather and we get apples,blueberry,firewood,honey,etc from 1 location. then the production limit can be set in the mod.it sounds neat but the problem i foresee is so many itmes from 1 location. maybe have to make a couple 1 for gathering,1 for hunting and trapping,1 for the pine pitch,etc.i'm not a modder but i can come up with crazy ideas [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
12 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

I don't know if the author (Owlchemist) is still active

Owl was a moderator on our old site. Had his own forum section for his mods. Great guy. Last I talked to him privately he had decided to officially retire from banished modding.

Quote:
3 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

Owl was a moderator on our old site. Had his own forum section for his mods. Great guy. Last I talked to him privately he had decided to officially retire from banished modding.

Damn, that's a real shame. I think over the course of time I've used almost all of his mods. I'm still making use of one or two of them e.g. Pesky Produce. I don't suppose he ever left the string tables available? Wishful thinking on my part probably!

Quote:
53 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

Wishful thinking on my part probably!

nah we dont have any of his source [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
3 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

I don't suppose he ever left the string tables available

I'm just curious if you actually are meaning string tables, or if you actually mean his whole codebase.

StringTables are a specific portion of the code that lists out every piece of text in the mod.  It's the piece that translators need to turn a mod into another language. But it's not the actual code of the mod.

And while we don't have access to the code, the 3 mods you listed wouldn't be particularly hard to reproduce.

Quote:
23 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

I'm just curious if you actually are meaning string tables, or if you actually mean his whole codebase.

StringTables are a specific portion of the code that lists out every piece of text in the mod.  It's the piece that translators need to turn a mod into another language. But it's not the actual code of the mod.

And while we don't have access to the code, the 3 mods you listed wouldn't be particularly hard to reproduce.

This is my ignorance about modding showing through. I didn't know the difference until you mentioned it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />

I've been playing around with Ambient Occlusions lately, testing what works and what doesn't. I will be updating all of the buildings, but it might take some time. It's not necessarily a time consuming process, just a boring one and I get distracted easily with things like this...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot65.jpg.d8f8e28ec1095d7cea7e32a712c669b5.jpg" data-fileid="1035">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot65.thumb.jpg.000002ffa41a7408da24e3af0c318d20.jpg[/img]</a>

I think the AO might actually be a bit too strong on these buildings. I didn't really notice it on the darker buildings, but when you do it on white ones it really stands out. I wanted some good shading, but that church might be too much! The tailor house and school don't have any AO (well they do, but it is all white and doesn't produce any shadows) so you can see the difference. I need something more inbetween (but slightly more to the church than the school).

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot66.jpg.cc9a4e10643e14c24fe482199fe6a196.jpg" data-fileid="1036">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot66.thumb.jpg.35a76accaa8fbda614493d5403439298.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot67.jpg.05849a2f9725a3bafa38f88c1eaf1b26.jpg" data-fileid="1037">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot67.thumb.jpg.c09477c8dbd10dc470101fa08ae9f99e.jpg[/img]</a>

Why don't you just, you know, do the AO then put its brightness up some % manually 

In Gimp? That was going to be my next step, I messed around with a few settings in blender and it didn't change much in game. I was also going to play with baking individual faces or groups at a higher level than others, to see if it gives enhanced shading in certain areas.

Original...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot74.jpg.f338baf2729c2deaad69f552366e03d1.jpg" data-fileid="1038">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot74.thumb.jpg.2f88a495fdd3637973bfbdf2254a8995.jpg[/img]</a>

+20% brightness...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot75.jpg.47826c154b28f56c3a7cf9f9a39cfe30.jpg" data-fileid="1039">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot75.thumb.jpg.24046030600f992a89e0120bfab57fbc.jpg[/img]</a>

I like it (to my untrained eyes).