Maritimes Development Thread

Hey Necora, 

Just want to say I love the mods you are doing. I have been playing around with the Maritimes 104.3 and have a few questions and one problem. I have it loaded with CC1.6 along with a bunch of other mods, so that might change how things work. 

First off, I really like the look of the Port Royal buildings. The lumber cutter says it is could produce lumber or firewood but  the only option is to create lumber. Not a big problem as there are plenty of other buildings to make firewood but wondered if that was just an oversight.

With the shore fishing, I am having problems with the dory builder. So far have been playing for at least 10 years with out the dory builder producing anything. I have rope (although produced with reeds from the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> dock set) and lumber. I was watching the worker for the dory building, and she just went back and forth from the barn trying to get rope. Not quite sure how much of each is needed to build a dory so maybe I just don't have enough?

Last question, with the Crystal Barn construction, it needs building supplies. Are these the same as from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>? Because otherwise there is no building that creates them in your set yet.

Keep up the good work.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8240" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/">@Raerae</a> thanks. The set should work fine with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, the only mods it will have a problem with are the wild flax mod from WOB. The wild flax in that mod is named something from mine and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, and therefore will not be used by the rope maker.

Re. the lumber cutter, yup that was a mistake in the UI, sorry about that. I initially wanted it to produce firewood as well, but there were two issues. The first is functional, I couldn't get it to work! I but since figured that out. The second is game play, because you can only set the work time for the building as a hole, not a specific output of the building, the cutter would produce firewood but at a very slow rate, the same as lumber. This made it kinda pointless to have as a firewood producer, because you would barely produce enough to heat a house let alone a small town. So I decided to take that function out, but forgot to change the UI! I'll remove that in the next update.

Re. Dory Builder. There does seem to be an issue with this, but I thought I fixed it. >> Ok I just ran the dory builder for a while with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and it does produce Dory, at a slow rate. Perhaps I didn't upload this version... sorry about that! It will be added as soon as I fix the next issue...

Re. Building Supplies. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! It should have been the same, but I guess I assumed that the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> building supplies were named just that, maybe not. I've asked the devs what they named the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> building supplies behind the scenes, then will update the mod with that included too.

Stay tuned...

Thanks for the response. No worries on the lumber cutter. I do like having the smaller, slower building for lumber. With the one in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> I end up with too much lumber usually, so it is nice to have something small for early in the game. 

Do you know how much rope and lumber are needed to make a dory? I'm okay with it taking awhile but would be nice to know the input amount for planning. I do like the shore fisheries to give my bannies scallops to eat. Om nom nom.

I haven't reached the point of having building supplies in a game running your mod, so haven't tried building the Crystal Barn. I do like how it looks. With the stable or milking pen underneath it reminds me of my uncle's and great uncle's dairy barns in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Ok so I have solved the problems <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8240" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/">@Raerae</a>mentioned, but there is one thing I need to change before I update, and that is the gate house ui.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> I added your trash button to the storage, and it works great. However, when I add it to the gate house (uses the well.rsc as a template) it does not show up. What am I missing here?

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot177.jpg.537fa68f864affe3e831f1fb6f7fbd39.jpg" data-fileid="1066">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot177.thumb.jpg.918a689c1f771d08b4b4ab01707a6471.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached is the gatehouse template file.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1067">PRGate.rsc</a>

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>, just to add to what <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8240" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/">@Raerae</a> mentioned, there are definitely two different "building supplies" in the game if you run <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and Maritimes together. I bought some from the trader but they were not used when I tried to build the Magazine storage building. I had to construct the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Building Supplies workshop to produce the needed supplies before the Magazine could be completed. The icon for the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> version is darker than the one used in Maritimes so it is possible to distinguish between the two in game.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> yup... I just assumed that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> named their building supplies 'buildingsupplies' and never bothered checking... they didn't ha! Never assume anything...

Even though, the Maritimes version should be available from the trade post. 

It will be changed in the next update, as soon as I figure out how to sort the gate house out.

Quote:
9 hours ago, Necora said:

Ok so I have solved the problems <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8240" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/">@Raerae</a>mentioned, but there is one thing I need to change before I update, and that is the gate house ui.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> I added your trash button to the storage, and it works great. However, when I add it to the gate house (uses the well.rsc as a template) it does not show up. What am I missing here?

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="1066" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot177.jpg.537fa68f864affe3e831f1fb6f7fbd39.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot177.thumb.jpg.918a689c1f771d08b4b4ab01707a6471.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached is the gatehouse template file.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" data-fileid="1067" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1067">PRGate.rsc</a>

the little window UI you have is a "group empty" so your _insertAt = "PageTabGroup" is not showing.

your groupEmpty use usergroup0 so use that one for your upgradeUI and it will show up

ObjectType _type = UpgradeUI; 

ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/Upgrade.rsc:trashupgradeButton"; 

String _insertAt = "userGroup0";

DialogControllerConfig _config = "upgradeConfig";    

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> thank you, much appreciated!

So the humble industries are moving in, and the pine industry is also expanding. We have a few new additions to the town...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="1081" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot181.jpg.0e6cc73ba3ea00d74ea35067caaa2aea.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot181.thumb.jpg.d02dae912ac63b3a8bb70a9463621678.jpg[/img]</a>

A humble loom to fit in with the other small industries, a wood version and a nice yellow version. It produces canvas from hemp and linen from flax. That makes a loom, blacksmith, tailor, and lumber cutter so far. I cheated with the loom and the tailor by making the shack bigger and having most work done inside. I couldn't think of what to put for the tailor to work outside, that would look good, and I couldn't be bothered to make a loom (although I will probably go back and do that at some point because I think it will look cool).

I've also gone very Canadian (how could I not eh?) and added a back yard maple boiler, who will turn maple sap into maple syrup, and a back yard cider press, that turns apples + maple syrup into good old hard cider.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="1079" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot178.jpg.73d4740aa4773b88c26eff0de30d1dc9.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot178.thumb.jpg.ee997719f2398dbaf2253c3ac0a99de0.jpg[/img]</a>

Our little pine forest industry community is looking pretty thriving right now!

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="1080" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot179.jpg.211a14781d8131eecd506bda5e087a0e.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot179.thumb.jpg.bece24cbba32ef0f56933d32fe8c344e.jpg[/img]</a>

So now a question or two for the crowd, what would you like to see added to a small forest industry set or a humble industry set like this? I'm open to suggestions. So far, I have been concentrating on a few buildings that I need for the production chains, hence the pine resource buildings, lumber cutter and the loom. I've also thrown in a blacksmith and tailor, may as well have the original vanilla industry represented here and add some variation.

I would also like to keep expanding these two styles to include a few more buildings, so figured I'd see what you all would like! I'm up for most things if they fit, and am already thinking about adding some small civics and houses at some point that continue the theme so you can have a whole town in the forest. Perhaps even give the hunter, gatherer, and forester a make over to fit too (although, there will be a 'gatherer' type building to collect specific material resources for this chain (pine boughs, pine resin, flax, possibly hemp), perhaps a food gatherer (apples, maple sap) and also a forester type building to plant specific trees for these chains too (maple... apple... pine)).

Building sizes are small shacks and coverings, and if possible things to be displayed on the outside. The idea is that anything that can fit in the forest gets 1 wood version - unless it will also look good in a town setting (like the four humble industries) in which case it also gets a nice colored version. At the moment, they are in two tool bars, one for the pine set and one for the humble industries, but I might make them all into one small industry toolbar for ease.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8240" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/">@Raerae</a>, the mod has been updated with fixes for the dory builder and all other things!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2nh4i...jVROG5kejQ

As usual, I am very grateful for all of the feedback and bug reports - so have added the Sherbrooke Church to this update!

Enjoy.

what is the 2nd pic down? was hoping for more pics of the cider press and sap bioler. keeping with the forrest theme:  how bout a small still? and we need a hunting lodge.could do as a storage place or market. could expand it to b modular and have additions to the sides for hunting and gatherer, add residences to upper floors. still need a fur trapper.add it as wild game,and then process for more meat cuts.ranning could give us both leather and furr. furr and leather coats giving more warmth and better trade values.similar to what "the north"mod does with reindeer coats.could do a 20x20 ghost square of a forrest with a lodge in the center. randomly get furs,logs,the pine pitch,sap,etc. with this way u can add animals for the furrs without having to make them animated.

going back to the fishing: u could do a lighthouse as a residence. and a  fishing pond or small lake.the 1 RED has with the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> mod is too nice. we need 1 igger and "rougher"looking.say big enough we could use a rowboat in.mayb a small dock and a shack with some tree stumps in the lake.