Maritimes Development Thread

I really hope these trees stop growing... biggest firs in the land.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot205.jpg.2ad1cceb8acd79fd0fe9b0ba11477ff4.jpg" data-fileid="1147">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot205.thumb.jpg.4d0f7ba7f82c59d945e858383d5e8dd3.jpg[/img]</a>

I also think I went a bit OTT with the foliage.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot204.jpg.9ceead4cf0b8ab965b1167d600086a63.jpg" data-fileid="1146">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot204.thumb.jpg.6ec9bcc1c37d0f3e6bc100571c3ca2fe.jpg[/img]</a>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> Now while I suspected that Canadians like fir trees a lot I didn't expect you to love them that much! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

But on a serious note, I am really looking forward to the next edition of Maritimes [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

The new buildings look fantastic. I eagerly await the update!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>I am loving the updated 1.4(.4?) mod [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

2 things, and sorry to be a pain.  The issue with the Tailor is back, I can't place the new Tailor (the white building) on an established road, like the first Tailor bug I reported the other week.

2)  the Barn no longer lines up correctly with either the stable or the dairy in the Crystal buildings.  I thought it may be because I have the mod that alters the path of the road, but even with that disabled the buildings no longer line up.  The barn has either an overhang, or the bottom building sits out a little.  I don't have the building supplies to check when it's built, however the footprint won't line up correctly.

Otherwise, I am loving the additions [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> hmm. The barn has been fixed, and it also got a new AO for good measure. As for the tailor, well, it shouldn't! I checked the template file and everything is as it should be, all of the 0's and 1's and #'s and .'s are where they should be. I just checked it in game too and it is OK. I know it is one of those annoying questions, but did you try demolishing any that you might have had on the map when you loaded up the new version? Try demolishing all PR Tailors and  reload, see if that helps. Otherwise, try a new map just to see (Debug menu is your friend). Otherwise, I'm not sure what to suggest only that perhaps it for some reason didn't get included when I packaged up the most recent version. Will definitely be done for the next one!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4008-mellowtraumatic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4008" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4008-mellowtraumatic/">@mellowtraumatic</a> thanks! I'm adding a lot of content to this next update, or at least it feels like I am, so it is taking longer than I had planned. Getting there though.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> ha yea, well I've spent some time improving them. I tell you what, trees are hard! The maple and aspen were not so bad, it was just a case of adding a new texture to the fig example in the mod kit then re-arranging/sizing it to look good. The conifers though, they took a lot of playing around with and they still don't look great but more acceptable at least. Unfortunately they don't sway with the wind, so I gotta see what I can do about that.

From left to right... Aspen, Fir, Maple, Spruce, White Pine. Note - names are approximate, they actually look nothing like IRL but hey, it gave my girlfriend who studied botany a chuckle. 

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="1160" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot209.jpg.244f19660b813d838c809ce253e3bb2b.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot209.thumb.jpg.6527475f46ce03ad271b152b0a8b01d7.jpg[/img]</a><a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="1161" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot210.jpg.518d37965d38a6ec0a83db42b61ca01a.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Screenshot210.thumb.jpg.8899df3c5e5a23c4844e6a4123e6c8d5.jpg[/img]</a>

The aspen and the maple look great. One thing that might help the other three would be randomizing the placement of the branches. 

The only problem is that the trees seem to clash rather garishly with the trees that already exist 

NECORA,asny way to get a set of your mods without google drive?? google won't work. says because i am using iE9. thanks

Quote:
8 hours ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> hmm. The barn has been fixed, and it also got a new AO for good measure. As for the tailor, well, it shouldn't! I checked the template file and everything is as it should be, all of the 0's and 1's and #'s and .'s are where they should be. I just checked it in game too and it is OK. I know it is one of those annoying questions, but did you try demolishing any that you might have had on the map when you loaded up the new version? Try demolishing all PR Tailors and  reload, see if that helps. Otherwise, try a new map just to see (Debug menu is your friend). Otherwise, I'm not sure what to suggest only that perhaps it for some reason didn't get included when I packaged up the most recent version. Will definitely be done for the next one!

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> I will download the last link I can see in this thread & downloads and compare the details, but I'm sure its the most current one.

I am on a new map, started it with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7 and they are new buildings, so I'm hoping that it's either an older package OR that it was just a whoopsie when compiling and the next release should be correct, I hate chasing down those little typos [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Will update again once I've compared files.  Cheers [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
8 hours ago, The Pilgrim said:

One thing that might help the other three would be randomizing the placement of the branches. 

Yup, I did try that previously but it looked pants, then again I've changed them quite a bit so perhaps it will be better this time. I have a couple (literally 2) things I want to try, we'll see if they work.

Quote:
5 hours ago, Feneris said:

The only problem is that the trees seem to clash rather garishly with the trees that already exist 

Hmm that is, for me at least, something I find about all trees introduced to the game, even the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> trees. I actually didn't use them at first because I didn't like how they looked different to the vanilla trees, but then realized that is because the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> trees actually look good and when you look close at the vanilla ones they are pretty blurry. The oak is pretty much the only vanilla tree I actually like. Not saying mine are better, they are certainly not, but I think it is something I am willing to put up with. These trees will only grow in forested areas where vanilla trees will not, so hopefully will not look too out of place. 

Quote:
1 hour ago, QueryEverything said:

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> I will download the last link I can see in this thread & downloads and compare the details, but I'm sure its the most current one.

I am on a new map, started it with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7 and they are new buildings, so I'm hoping that it's either an older package OR that it was just a whoopsie when compiling and the next release should be correct, I hate chasing down those little typos [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Will update again once I've compared files.  Cheers

Cool let me know.

Quote:
5 hours ago, stiles said:

NECORA,asny way to get a set of your mods without google drive?? google won't work. says because i am using iE9. thanks

It doesn't? Well that sucks. Unfortunately, right now, no I don't. I've been trying to get it on the forge without a link but it always throws up an error when I upload, although I've not tried since the last update. I'll give it a go tomorrow and see. Does Dropbox work for you?