Maritimes Development Thread

NECORA,you could use the ghost <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> animals for the trapper,theres a fox,bears,wolves,etc.wonder if you can do a random set and have them multiply all over the map like tree, they won't run away from hunters or trappers.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> that is one way to do it. What I was thinking was to have the traps spawn in the forests, and the trapper 'harvests' them. You won't see the animals, but it would be somewhat realistic. Animals do take a long time to build, well, finding the right image is the hardest part. I'll think it through!

Dev note... while you are all busy testing, I hope, I've been working on some more houses to add to the pine set. I am aiming for the included cabins, some small town homes, and this one below, the highest level house, a lodge. It will have the most warmth and biggest family size, but be costly to build. The cabins and small town home both have colour versions, this lodge is purely for the forest (there will be colourful larger houses as part of the Sherbrooke set).

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Screenshot222.jpg.f6eaf23e440cfb1acfab1057e703bdef.jpg" data-fileid="1210">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Screenshot222.thumb.jpg.6c6d240335077d28e76c81c63e8c48f9.jpg[/img]</a>

The great thing about it is that it has no road tiles and doesn't flatten the ground. With that large stone foundation, that means you can build it as far up a hill as the game will allow you to.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Screenshot223.jpg.e27dbc5f53f3b1b8259bdfbe860c5f52.jpg" data-fileid="1211">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Screenshot223.thumb.jpg.0428d9d9964db985a4cfe7a2a727319f.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Screenshot224.jpg.fcd6216d4e003de4bfdeae3c6a626535.jpg" data-fileid="1212">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Screenshot224.thumb.jpg.1ce1a08dd5d38c8e69565a6a6c25ee4f.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Screenshot225.jpg.96d4195e07fcbeba03bc7d6dc496f2c3.jpg" data-fileid="1213">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Screenshot225.thumb.jpg.acd3152309281e24962b3102a9158dc9.jpg[/img]</a>

I have an idea for one F-variant, and want to add another so there will be three versions of this house all together.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> Now we're cooking, literally ...  Found the Pine Pitch thing ...  Sorry, it's been really long days and sometimes small print gets overlooked, sorry.  Yes, now that I have the charcoal working, it's humming along nicely and the chain is now fully operational.  

So my thoughts after some sleep ...  gaming til nearly 4am, I'm too old for that sh!t, lol.  I feel it today, so bear with me if I don't make sense.

1)  (Request) Being that I had problems finding the Pitchkiln (dome), I was thinking ...  maybe have a 2nd stand alone one that just makes Charcoal, as per your suggestion.  

That's all it does, is straightup charcoal.

2)  (Bug) The Pitchkiln building doesn't show "Charcoal" or any other "item" in the drop down menu, it's a blank line.

The output window is correct and shows both the items it's produced, but the dropdown isn't there.

Note:  The charcoal does display correctly in the Town Hall inventory, the icon & name are correct.  It also produces correctly, mine just happened to have Banniminions take what was there a moment before I got the screenshot, haha!!

3)  (Request)  A slight reorder of the menu, and even a sub-sub menu?  So, the pine & chain together, maple & chain etc?  housing & so on ...  I'm sure that you have something in mind, as we're still only in beta, but, no harm in prompting [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

4)  (Request)  I can't remember if you have said this, and sorry if you've noted it already, but can your lumber workers, in any of the sub-designs, please do both "Lumber & Firewood" eventually?

I ask because I the Port Royal Wood Cutter is the perfect size for my growing outpost and I don't always need Lumber [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

4)  (feedback)  I love, LOVE, these new additions!!!!  Bugs are to be expected in Beta, and there are some minor ones, nothing code breaking, and I'm enjoying all the buildings and directions you are taking!!

-- I would love some 2x2 housing, a couple of variations, and some with some stone or iron, to bump up the heat, so we don't have to have the standard "wood house" temp for the Banni's. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

I don't know if the new houses I scrolled by have the smaller footprint, but, no harm in asking.

-- pause ...  more to come [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

5) (feedback) Re Flax & Hemp, I've set a new map to just have you & <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>/<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> running, I've disabled both <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> & @Tanypredator's mods (DSSV & New Flora) to just start with the Flax & Hemp from you & BL.  I am running a new test now in debug.  I found what I think is a bug, but I need to make sure it is definitely your flax that is doing it and not DSSV Beta. 

If you have a copy of the icon you used for both the Hemp & Flax, can you please share it, it would help immensely, haha!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I will be back after running this new map for a few seasons to confirm what I've found. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Until then, here are some screenshots, some are the bugs, and some are "just because". [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> 

Let's play ...  spot the tower [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/589529499c5e3_20170204Screenshot132pitchkiln.jpg.7a6967e00fcc9e0054798d75ab761266.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58952955ebb08_20170204Screenshot125villageplanning.jpg.a05fe887f5ff7ad13ce67ea9920ee53d.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/5895296548906_20170204Screenshot119startertown.jpg.2e32c2a5805a142d035e735bd7564c20.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/5895296bac0e6_20170204Screenshot123happylittlegreenie.thumb.jpg.def141aeedc96266e3082c47ef665508.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/589529705fdae_20170204Screenshot131regrowth.jpg.27c19fc1d3d6b7cfa10a910435e7987f.jpg[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> right let's see now...

Quote:
24 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

1)  (Request) Being that I had problems finding the Pitchkiln (dome), I was thinking ...  maybe have a 2nd stand alone one that just makes Charcoal, as per your suggestion.  

That's all it does, is straightup charcoal.

Yup, I've come to the same conclusion, either the same model split up or perhaps a different burner altogether, but charcoal does need a boost.

Quote:
25 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

2)  (Bug) The Pitchkiln building doesn't show "Charcoal" or any other "item" in the drop down menu, it's a blank line.

The output window is correct and shows both the items it's produced, but the dropdown isn't there.

Note:  The charcoal does display correctly in the Town Hall inventory, the icon & name are correct.  It also produces correctly, mine just happened to have Banniminions take what was there a moment before I got the screenshot, haha!!

Yup this is more of an oversight. Initially, it was set up to produce charcoal or pitch, because I didn't know how to make it produce both at once. Kralyerg has since shown me the light, and now both items are produced at the same time. This makes the selection menu pretty pointless, I just didn't take it out. It should produce both pitch and charcoal at the same time. I need to change the selection menu to just one option, 'Pitch and Charcoal".

Quote:
27 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

3)  (Request)  A slight reorder of the menu, and even a sub-sub menu?  So, the pine & chain together, maple & chain etc?  housing & so on ...  I'm sure that you have something in mind, as we're still only in beta, but, no harm in prompting [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Yup, I've paid no attention to the tool bar tbh. That will be organised with sub-sub menus as per the PR set.

Quote:
28 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

4)  (Request)  I can't remember if you have said this, and sorry if you've noted it already, but can your lumber workers, in any of the sub-designs, please do both "Lumber & Firewood" eventually?

I ask because I the Port Royal Wood Cutter is the perfect size for my growing outpost and I don't always need Lumber [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I can, but the problem is the produce time. The building is set to produce lumber at a slow rate, although I might speed it up a notch. You can only set the work time for the whole building, not individual outputs, therefore firewood will be produced at the same rate as lumber currently, which is like 20 a year or something. That isn't even enough to heat one house! So I've left firewood out of it all for now.

Quote:
29 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

4)  (feedback)  I love, LOVE, these new additions!!!!  Bugs are to be expected in Beta, and there are some minor ones, nothing code breaking, and I'm enjoying all the buildings and directions you are taking!!

-- I would love some 2x2 housing, a couple of variations, and some with some stone or iron, to bump up the heat, so we don't have to have the standard "wood house" temp for the Banni's. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

I don't know if the new houses I scrolled by have the smaller footprint, but, no harm in asking.

-- pause ...  more to come [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Thanks! The cabins (colour and pine - same models just different skins) are all 2x4 lots, with the 4th pair of tiles being roads. So they are small, and I didn't want to go any smaller than that.

More houses are coming to fill out the options.

Quote:
31 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

5) (feedback) Re Flax & Hemp, I've set a new map to just have you & <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>/<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> running, I've disabled both <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> & @Tanypredator's mods (DSSV & New Flora) to just start with the Flax & Hemp from you & BL.  I am running a new test now in debug.  I found what I think is a bug, but I need to make sure it is definitely your flax that is doing it and not DSSV Beta. 

If you have a copy of the icon you used for both the Hemp & Flax, can you please share it, it would help immensely, haha!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I will be back after running this new map for a few seasons to confirm what I've found. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Until then, here are some screenshots, some are the bugs, and some are "just because". [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> 

Let's play ...  spot the tower [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

On the edge of my seat.

Attached are the sprites for flax and hemp.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Flax.png.0659bf4659f626e384a952289a4a04aa.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/Hemp.png.e96a5d66572daef2bb77d58b6e27cae2.png[/img]

are you goina make dock houses ?? does PR have a hospital or medical clinic or they don't believe in things like that up north?? lol as to QUERY's firewood,how bout a storage shed for the firewood and the mini chopper put together?? i often use the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> dock firewood shed that way.keeps the firewood from filling up the log pile at the game start. ohh and some lookout towers for the PR set too.

Quote:
4 hours ago, elemental said:

Completely unrelated to this topic, but when I have too much stuff I trade it for expensive foods. Well, usually for the exotic fruits which only cost 2, but that's still twice the price of normal food. And for some strange reason my villagers seem to gobble up the imported fruits in preference to the normal ones. They must really like lemons and limes and mangoes.

I believe this is because those more expensive foods have a better "food value" and thus are more desirable

Quote:
31 minutes ago, stiles said:

are you goina make dock houses ??

I don't plan on it, you don't find many houses over water up 'ere, kinda cold when the water freezes! I might in the future add some though.

Quote:

does PR have a hospital or medical clinic or they don't believe in things like that up north??

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about the hospital. It is on the list.

Quote:

bout a storage shed for the firewood and the mini chopper put together??

Did you see Ketchup's new invention over at WOB? Also I love the small chopper and covering by Discrepancy, I didn't really want to duplicate those for the sake of it. What I might do, however, is add another version of the PR cutter but for firewood, then we don't have to worry about time taken.

Quote:

ohh and some lookout towers for the PR set too.

Look out towers would be fun. I made everything that exists in PR IRL, so moved on. But I do want to go back and expand those palisade walls, perhaps go over the textures of the buildings, so adding some towers will definitely be included. But that will all be for another update further down the line, unless I get some free time.

Quote:
17 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

I believe this is because those more expensive foods have a better "food value" and thus are more desirable

Really? I had no idea. I thought food was food and that was that. But every time I buy in 1000 lemons they all seem to disappear quick smart.

Quote:
3 minutes ago, elemental said:

Really? I had no idea. I thought food was food and that was that. But every time I buy in 1000 lemons they all seem to disappear quick smart.

There are definite differences but I just don't know anything specific about them. If I actually remember it correctly, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> introduced higher food values so that "better" food provided more nutrition or reduced the hunger factor more or something like that. This meant it was actually worthwhile investing in the production chain to make more complex foods and from what I think is happening, the better quality food reduces the consumption of units of food and thereby reduces the overall amount used by a community.

Quote:
4 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

food values

I know higher chain foods have more trade value, I'm not sure if this impacts what the Bannies will chose to eat. Perhaps it does, I'm not sure. Combining foods is one way to streamline production - cheese bread is better than cheese and wheat because instead of eating 1 of each to get the protein and grain, they only have to have one portion of cheese bread to get both.

One thing that I have noticed is that diversity seems to have an impact. For example, if I start of with beans as my crop, I can easily build up 1000s of them, same with fish if I catch them early. But when I add the second crop, say beets, I can never build up such a supply as with beans, even with the same amount of crop fields for each. I tend to trade away a lot of beans while the beets get eaten asap. Not sure if this is actually the game mechanic or just my perception of what is happening!