Maritimes Development Thread

Okay, middle of the day for me in my part of the world so I just finished lunch, went through the normal procedure for installing a new mod/updating a mod (I was installing Red's Creepy Cemetery mod as well as updating the Maritimes Beta).

First bug I've found, there appears to be no F-variants for either of the Pine Lodges in the Pine Set even though it's stated in the mouse-over text that there are 4 F-variants.

Quote:
21 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

First bug I've found, there appears to be no F-variants for either of the Pine Lodges in the Pine Set even though it's stated in the mouse-over text that there are 4 F-variants.

Oops, yup that is a mistake that I forgot to take out of that description. Originally, there was meant to be F-variants, but I found the lot sizes too restrictive for good variation. So instead I will have two or three lodges with individual tool bar menu instances, different foot prints, but the same stats. So far, I have done two of them, and one of them has an upgrade. Ultimately, both will have an upgrade, and there will hopefully be a third if I think of a good lay out for it!

Any suggestions for a large, stone and wood lodge, throw them my way.

Very, very happy <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  I just got home and will get to downloading, sweetbeats!!

I had a thought whilst reading your description:

Quote:

<p style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">
 > and of course a saloon or tavern to serve this ale. This will be in the form of a corner building, I love corner buildings, and realised I don't have any.

<p style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">
> A lodging house, also in the form of a corner building to match the saloon.

You could (as an idea), make the lodging house fit over the Tavern (as an option), like the old West style, where they would have the saloon on the lower level, and the 'guests' house in the upper levels.

Some ideas ...  
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-...est/966391
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/med...del/360688
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/med...3ds/704362
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-...del/540982
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/cot...max/620489

There are plenty other ones ...  but, it's just something to think about it you want to have a combined tavern & lodging house [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  I don't mind either way.  

Can't wait to start this beauty up!!

Testing, testing, testing.
<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> you are very talented, thank you for an excellent release!!

A couple of things, minor, but worth noting.

It seems in the forestry sub-menus that there are some incorrect listings.

Vanilla & Maple Forestry Towers are in the Pine menu.

and the Pine harvester is in there too.

I don't know if all food are meant to be together, or all themes.  

Maple with Maple (so all the Maple and subsequent pathways together)

Pine with pine etc.

At the moment it seems to be a mix between the "pathway" and the "uses" sub-menus.  

I (and I may be the only one), think that pathway menus is more intuitive for me, ie all Maple are together, rather than food gathers in one & forestry towers in another.

I hope that makes sense.  

Also, the Food Cellar is not showing correctly in the menu.

Otherwise, so far, so very good!!  Thank you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/589dade33edaf_20170210Screenshot316.jpg.e48fc635dca847a9c6693bf2e23146f5.jpg[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> re. tavern, I use the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> boarding house above the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> tavern, not sure if that was the intent but it does look good. However for this set, I think I want to keep them all single level, low occupancy, for the most part. So I was thinking of a small, 3x3 building with overhanging deck wrapping around the corner, with saloon enterence for the tavern and a normal enterence for the lodging. We'll see. Kind of a mix between the saloon and the cottage in the models you linked to.

And with the tool bar, i couldn't decide what way to do it. I thought it would be intuitive to have it the same as the game tool bar, but then the harvester isn't a food producer even though it uses the same building as the gatherer. I might just put all of the wild collection and harvesting buildings into one, with the trees, and move all of the stills and things into the industry tab. 

Edit - forgot to add an update.

Working on a hospital, decided to try some diagonal walls for it to break things up a bit...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/PineHospital.jpg.4991ed05739d8fa61fec0ef5467681f7.jpg" data-fileid="1276">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/PineHospital.thumb.jpg.baf6e1374a45b724b9a1d43cbe149b57.jpg[/img]</a>

why does the small cider press store 180+ of venison,ginger,and pheasant? i see you added cranberries to us also.

You're very young, talented and creative person, you have great ideas

I really like these ideas. I keep my fingers crossed for @ Necora[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]<span> </span>

Great and fantastic mod "Martitimes"

Quote:
7 hours ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> re. tavern, I use the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> boarding house above the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> tavern, not sure if that was the intent but it does look good. However for this set, I think I want to keep them all single level, low occupancy, for the most part. So I was thinking of a small, 3x3 building with overhanging deck wrapping around the corner, with saloon enterence for the tavern and a normal enterence for the lodging. We'll see. Kind of a mix between the saloon and the cottage in the models you linked to.

And with the tool bar, i couldn't decide what way to do it. I thought it would be intuitive to have it the same as the game tool bar, but then the harvester isn't a food producer even though it uses the same building as the gatherer. I might just put all of the wild collection and harvesting buildings into one, with the trees, and move all of the stills and things into the industry tab. 

Edit - forgot to add an update.

Working on a hospital, decided to try some diagonal walls for it to break things up a bit...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="1276" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/PineHospital.jpg.4991ed05739d8fa61fec0ef5467681f7.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/PineHospital.thumb.jpg.baf6e1374a45b724b9a1d43cbe149b57.jpg[/img]</a>

Makes perfect sense and looks excellent <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Forgot to add <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> re the toolbar...  Good idea.

I just found that I was going back & forth between the 2 sub-bars when I was setting up the new camp, and wasn't sure which was which in the end.  I got through it, but found that my gameplay (as others may differ), was that I wanted to lay down all the Maple first, then the Pine, then the Vanilla (in no real order, just the groupings).  Then I went to add the further production chain elements.

And were you able to find the error with the food storage issue?

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> Do you mean the one that <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> mentioned ? Yup I know about that, it is odd. It is because I initially stole the tavern.rsc for the cider press, as I had no where for the bannies to store or drink the cider once it was made, until I make a tavern. I just figured they could stand around drinking last years batch as they made the rest, like all good cider makers do. I think I might have added an edibles flag to the storage part, not sure why, got the two storage sections of the template file confused I think. So now it acts as a food storage and a cider press.

This has been changed, I noticed it last night when I finished the Whiskey Still, and these two will no longer act as taverns or storage now that the tavern itself is being done.