Maritimes Development Thread

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> about the trader post, you might have to refer to <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> about that one because I am not sure.

Goats milk I want to make into goats cheese at some point, just for some variation. It has the same stats as cows milk. 

I've not changed the aging of trees, they are a replicate of the vanilla tree set, just with my models. So the growth should be the same as vanilla... should be. I'll check it.

Domesticated animals in the wild are from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. A forester will 'produce' them by clearing area to plant trees, the same way they clear the stone and iron.

I've no plans for other trees, but I can do in the future. I wanted to keep them regional, not sure we have any nut trees here. I'll look into it.

Quote:
On 3/22/2017 at 0:10 PM, stiles said:

old town trader will not take in turpentine

The trading post won't store it all, or the merchant boat won't accept it for trade?

the trader is a goofy 1. the old town trader won't accept things but the large vanilla looking trader does. however i wonder if it is becuase NECORA's mods are above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> in my mod order and he has turpentine under a new tag. it seems to add turpentine to materials though.i set the trader to 100 turpentine and it never stores any. same with pine pitch. it is odd that 1 trader worked and 1 did not.

i am going to adjust my mod order and will try some things again.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a>You really should say things very clearly when you're describing a problem. When you say "trader" it seems like you're talking about the Trading Post, but most people call the boats "traders" not the building.

And if you're not playing with the latest versions of everything, there's not a lot we can do help you. I think all of the issues have been fixed in 1.75, but if you insist on playing with 1.71, but with other 1.0.7 mods, things will be a little screwy. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'm getting closer to an update to the pine set. I've now sorted out the natural resources, although for some reason when spawned by a forester the variants do not show up, only the first mesh in the list. Gotta look into that... <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> any idea? The variants spawn fine wild.

Here are some new and improved natural resources for this set...

Cranberry bush...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Cranberry.jpg.517d901a01b6381e28257d4ef64b06a7.jpg[/img]

Fiddleheads...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Fiddleheads.jpg.c0f1d0063da56d63701ea5778380f995.jpg[/img]

Rabbit/Fox hole (two types, 1 model)...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Hole.jpg.f5f8cf5738fa8eaa62109a52944b7ff3.jpg[/img]

Maple Sap - now appears as tapping buckets!...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/MapleSap.jpg.302922787390c238c3b3907b9f59d7d3.jpg[/img]

As does the pine resin...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Resin.jpg.701dd82f7874a66b3e51ef74062e0d2d.jpg[/img]

Dead fall trap! There are others too but they don't show up...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Trap1.jpg.23e1f44854c40c839e51a4ed872e6e11.jpg[/img]

Apples...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Apple.jpg.2713726039199e728c7b5dffb8cd2899.jpg[/img]

Blueberry...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Blueberry.jpg.ac15259c4f224b643eb18cb210ed9501.jpg[/img]

Pine boughs (the variants won't show up)...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Bough.jpg.6d7b1b6ce7cc2b0b9dfdbb91f71b1bde.jpg[/img]

And finally, the chanterelles...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Chanterelle.jpg.2e59840f7a377b722b46674331a68944.jpg[/img]

So how will they appear in game? Well, there are three sets, with some cross over. Here is the break down...

Wild/Vanilla - Spawned naturally and also by the vanilla forester. All food resources collected by the vanilla gatherer.

• Herbs (vanilla)

• Onion (vanilla)

• Roots (vanilla)

• Mushroom (vanilla)

• Beaver Lodge - collected by trapper, produces 'Pelt' (textile).

• Blueberry bush - new model, produces 'Blueberry' (fruit).

• Chanterelle patch - produces 'Chanterelle' (vegetable).

• Cranberry bush - produces 'Cranberry' (fruit).

• Fiddlehead fern - produces 'Fiddlehead' (vegetable).

• Fox Hole - collected by trapper, produces 'Fur' (textile).

• Nest - collected by trapper, produces 'Eggs' (protein).

• Rabbit Hole - collected by trapper, produces 'Game' (protein).

Pine Set - Spawned by the trees planted by the pine forester. Collected by the pine harvester.

• Bough - produces 'Pine Bough' (material).

• Chanterelle patch - produces 'Chanterelle' (vegetable).

• Flax - produces 'Flax' (textile).

• Nest - collected by trapper, produces 'Eggs' (protein).

• Pine tap - produces 'Pine Resin' (material).

• Trap - collected by trapper, produces 'Wild Animal' (textile).

Maple Set - Spawned by the trees planted by the maple forester. Collected by the maple forager.

• Apple - produces 'Apple' (fruit).

• Blueberry bush - new model, produces 'Blueberry' (fruit).

• Cranberry bush - produces 'Cranberry' (fruit).

• Maple tap - produces 'Maple Sap' (inedible fruit).

• Nest - collected by trapper, produces 'Eggs' (protein).

• Trap - collected by trapper, produces 'Wild Animal' (textile).

this looks interesting. will be glad to test it. had wondered if you were going to add the maples and apples etc to the map. wasn't sure how it would code into the game.not sure you can make specific trees drop logs+ another item or just logs.

by the way in your testing have you noticed the trader to bring pine seeds? i had that earlier with the farm trading post,had fodder seeds listed as grass and pine seeds<icon only did not list the word>.i planted the"grass" seeds to see how they would work. planted in a normal crop field and produced like RED's fodder forester. curious to see if i get maple and apple seeds for a field. the seeds were cheap too like 500 for the fodder and 250 i think for the pine.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> I haven't done anything with spawning by a forester so far, so I am not sure, but it's possible that it requires a different setup in the template.

I noticed that there are two ways in which the original files deal with mesh variants. The one that works for natural spawning is this:

Code:
    MeshGroup _meshes
    [
        { GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Rocks\Rock01Mesh.rsc" ] }
        { GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Rocks\Rock02Mesh.rsc" ] }
        { GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Rocks\Rock03Mesh.rsc" ] }
    ]

Perhaps for the resource to be correctly spawned by the forester you could try one that is like the tree template, so with the variants all part of one 'GraphicsMesh _mesh' entity.

Code:
MeshGroup _meshes
    [
        {
            AnimationGroup _animations = "Models\NaturalResource\Tree\TreeAnims.rsc";
            GraphicsMesh _mesh
            [
                "Models\NaturalResource\Tree\PineTreeMesh01.rsc"
                "Models\NaturalResource\Tree\PineTreeMesh02.rsc"
                "Models\NaturalResource\Tree\PineTreeMesh03.rsc"
                "Models\NaturalResource\Tree\PineTreeMesh04.rsc"
            ]
        }
    ]

I also noticed that the 'bool _randomIndex' is set to 'false' in the tree template, which is another reason to assume that the variation works differently in this case.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> That tree code is what I originally tried, it doesn't work. The code you have is definitely the one for variation. The thing is, the naturalresourcetree.rsc that is used to spawn starting trees and resources is the same file as the one that the forester uses, so I don't see any reason why it would result in a different dynamic.

NECORA,can you make the stable barn use RED"S fodder and give out milk and feritizler?that would be a great change to add with the fodder and greenhouses. and i do think you wished for a way to make players add to the stable via animals or something. the fodder would solve that idea.

if he wants the items just send me a pm with what he wants