Maritimes Development Thread

They look amazing [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  And love the recipes!  I don't suppose you can sneak one it that uses eggs?  I'm at over 4000 and counting currently, lol!!  A tart maybe?  Wildberry tartlets, oh yum [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> I thought about it, but not in the bakery. I might (might) make a kitchen or canteen as part of this set, common in forts. I did decide that I will populate the Sherbrooke set with various food producing buildings, they are a good way to get some small town center variation.

I promise to not constantly quote you, and quote you, and quote you until I see it happen. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I will behave!

In seriousness though, those damn eggs, I swear they multiply like rabbits, or like chickens.  And no, don't tweak your eggs output code, it wasn't just yours (yours are a respectable number), but it's all of them combined, because you can't use them, and the Bannis prefer other protein.  I have noticed though that chickens are so under utilised in game.  We get the feathers, eggs & meat, but you can't make anything with the meat & eggs, at least the feathers you can make the jackets with.

Yes, a kitchen, canteen, mess hall, would all definitely be there, I haven't met a Aircrew or Army recruit yet who hasn't mentioned their mess hall within the first X mins of meeting them and talking of their base, haha.  (Mind you, it's normally also the only non classified facility they can talk about, lol). [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Nice bakery [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>, I see you are suffering from the missing 'l' in the Vegetable Bread string texts.

It is weird this is happening, I've read it happening a few times to people, but I've never noticed it myself.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> yes the missing lower case 'l'. I've no idea where it went! It only happens with the smaller text in the building UI and the tool tip. It seems to come and go, if you open up a menu and the l are all missing, you zoom in or spin the camera a fraction and they all appear. It is also random letters at random times, like there it is vegetab e but if I spin around a bit the vegetables gain their l but the flour looses theirs. I have no idea why, but it started happening since some of the last 1.0.7 updates. I'm not sure if it is because I have my UI scaled rather small to accommodate the ever enlarging toolbars. 

i found a glitch with the pine set today.when loaded above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,  it turns the cannons in the northern frontier forts solid black. i tried several different mod orders and narrowed it down to the pine set.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> yup, I didn't realize that materials could overwrite each other as well. That is a rather annoying discovery because there are just so many materials being used by various mods now, I wonder how many others are being overwritten. I might have to introduce a <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> or Nec code before all of my materials to make sure there are no over-rides. Might take a while to update everything though...

Quote:
1 hour ago, Necora said:

I might have to introduce a <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> or Nec code before all of my materials to make sure there are no over-rides.

It's a good idea.

Over the years I have taken this habit. I work with 3D model programs and the override problem often happens in group work [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

oh yeah, if you do a custom material, you need to name it specific for you in a way you need to expect other people may want to name it exactly like you did ^^

like for medieval town i had to name it NMTMaterial or MTMaterial... or NMMaterial.... i dont remember lol

Quick update...

I pulled the Sherbrooke Mill apart and made it modular. Now, you can place it wherever you want and with what ever bridge you want. At the moment, traders will not pass under the bridge, but I will add a wider center piece that should let them pass. Also, I've been playing around with the smoke particle system and managed to make it so it looks like spray is coming out from the wheel. Hopefully you can see it in these shots! (oh and forgive the shadows on the bridge pieces, something went odd with the AO).

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/Screenshot7.jpg.0bada7133d8f75c6ce9874dae9ed037a.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/Screenshot8.jpg.2e327506d98c7677076ee8b76646a04a.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/Screenshot10.jpg.8e2b0f28724ad0cb5c17cbf8ab528821.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/Screenshot11.jpg.0a5c68e41fda5918f7217fba81b009b0.jpg[/img]