Maritimes Development Thread

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> hmm I can't seem to get it to build...

Code:
C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle>..\..\bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build MaritimesRiffleResources.rsc:resource /pathres ../MyMods/MaritimesRiffle /pathdat ../MyMods/MaritimesRiffle/bin
SRS Toolset version 1.0.7 Beta Build 170320
Compiling 'MaritimesRiffleResources.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'MaritimesRiffle.rsc:MaritimesPainting01'
Compiling 'Template\MaritimesPainting01.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'Template\MaritimesPainting01.rsc:model'
Compiling 'Models\MaritimesPainting1Mesh.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'Models\MaterialInstance\TestWater.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.rsc:normal'
Compiling 'Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl:Normal_vsseason'
C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle\Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl(1): error C1010: Unable to open file '../constants.srsl'
C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle\Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl(1): error C1004: Unexpected token '../constants.srsl'
C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle\Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl(2): error C1010: Unable to open file '../lighting.srsl'
Warning: Failed to compile shader 'Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl:Normal_vsseason'!
Video\SRSLCompiler.cpp(60)
Warning: Failed to compile shader 'Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl:Normal_vsseason'!

C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I have started to play around with some more decorations. This time I've made a 'paintable' water square, to make a pond on land. There are currently 3 F-variants of a center piece, corner piece, and edge piece (which will be turned into individual buttons because it is annoying). I need to play around with the edges, they are rather harsh. But, the water does 'move' slightly (like the trees to in the wind) so this gives the pond a nice, but subtle, bit of movement to it. I plan to make some at a couple of sunken stages so you can ultimately build a stream through your town to the river. I'll also make some rapids and turbulence sections for this. And some diagonal pieces too.

I will probably work on this while listening to the hockey tonight, then share it tomorrow.

But for now, thanks to the decorations included in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and a few of my own, we have a nice, custom DIY reflection pond [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/SecretGarden01.jpg.f62ca5407ea185173cd1a4012c0cd79c.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/SecretGarden02.jpg.4030d4d74f2067e9035642ee17cc4887.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/SecretGarden03.jpg.6dde3e38c4100cbcc64f31f56e131f39.jpg[/img]

For the want of words at this hour ...  holy cow batman!  I love, love, love [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> if you were to finish your Asian themed, theme, paired with this reflection pool, wowsers!  (It is still cool & awesome [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> ), we really could design gorgeous Asian themed reflection pools!!

Glad you like it. I've attached the zip to this message so you can test out Version 2 of the Riffle WIP. 

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, riffle is a term for fast moving stretch of river, also rapids if you like. I chose riffle though because it sounds funnier.

In this next version, you'll find...

1x ghost water steam particle.

1x ghost water foam particle.

4x ghost turbulence textures, all below water level, each with three different angles. These textures have the foliage material so they have a pronounced movement when placed.

4x digging tools = 0m, -0.25m, -0.50m, and -0.75m.

3x ground level (0m) water squares = a corner, an edge, and a center piece. These all have a foliage material on the center of them, to give some nice ripple like movement.

3x lower level water squares = -0.25m, -0.50m, and -0.75m.

3x sloping water squares = from 0m to -0.25m, from -0.25m to -0.50m, and from -0.50m to -0.75m. These have a turbulence texture overlaid on top that has the foliage material and gives them some movement.

All pieces are ghosted and free to build, apart from the digging tools which are free but not ghosted... they need to be deleted to work.

Known bugs - for some reason, the foam particle 'breaks' at some point. It does nothing bad to the game, it just freezes and becomes a star in the water. I have no idea why this happens, so need to dig into the particle system a bit more. No ghosted items here change terrain height, so you need to use the digging tools to make a sloping river.

These (in combination with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and other maritimes mods in these screen shots) should allow you to make something along the lines of this...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/SecretGarden04.jpg.90362b0773ab902f2d0ab566c00a619c.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/SecretGarden05.jpg.183f29c20271e2c542f15799029c9421.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/SecretGarden06.jpg.c8c1eaec5b2d79f94cfdbd79a75638d5.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/SecretGarden07.jpg.c115f6b9193539571c557ffa9abb809b.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/SecretGarden08.jpg.5bee2371ca4ebcba2add2c1c780b0775.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/SecretGarden10.jpg.70cc93c0b4e5779231d9578990d131e5.jpg[/img]

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2067" data-fileid="2067">MaritimesRiffleWIPv2.zip</a>

I just tried the latest version... very impressive <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

Just a small thing, but you probably have already thought, you could add a removal tool to the riffle toolbar for a quicker use of the digging tools [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Quote:
12 hours ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> hmm I can't seem to get it to build...

Code:
C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle>..\..\bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build MaritimesRiffleResources.rsc:resource /pathres ../MyMods/MaritimesRiffle /pathdat ../MyMods/MaritimesRiffle/bin
SRS Toolset version 1.0.7 Beta Build 170320
Compiling 'MaritimesRiffleResources.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'MaritimesRiffle.rsc:MaritimesPainting01'
Compiling 'Template\MaritimesPainting01.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'Template\MaritimesPainting01.rsc:model'
Compiling 'Models\MaritimesPainting1Mesh.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'Models\MaterialInstance\TestWater.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.rsc:resource'
Compiling 'Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.rsc:normal'
Compiling 'Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl:Normal_vsseason'
C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle\Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl(1): error C1010: Unable to open file '../constants.srsl'
C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle\Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl(1): error C1004: Unexpected token '../constants.srsl'
C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle\Material\SeasonalMaterial\SeasonalMaterial.srsl(2): error C1010: Unable to open file '../lighting.srsl'

C:\BanishedKit_107_170320Beta\MyMods\MaritimesRiffle>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I'm not great at reading error logs, but it seems that it can't find the constants.srsl and lighting.srsl. I see that you placed the SeasonalMaterial.rsc and SeasonalMaterial.srsl in 'Material\SeasonalMaterial', did you also place the constants and lighting files in there? Those have to be placed in the main 'Material' folder, so perhaps that would solve the issue.

Those water pieces look really interesting! I'm going to try them and then I'll report back [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />.

Awesome town!! LOOOOVE that red market [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f788e8d1_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic566.png[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> yep, definitely an odd one, the only thing I could think of at the time was maybe it has something to do with the new flags resulting in a conflict with Discrepancy's mods (as hinted at in my earlier post) but that didn't actually seem too likely. I think the reason it's really odd is: -

1. I never actually got the trader built (or any other building from the Maritimes collection).

2. It only happened during the autosave.

I got the five different fishing shacks built, autosave would happen and so would the Fatal Access. As soon as I re-ordered my mods, the problem stopped. At the time of the problem, the entire Maritimes collection was below some of Discrepancy's mods (particularly his Small Village Production mod) but above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and the PEI mod was about the second or third to load in the list of Maritimes mods. 

Obviously not a game breaker when you shuffle the mods into a better order but still an oddity <shrug>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> I had an odd crash yesterday, I'll see if it does it today after deleting the Autosave. Rather than a CTD it was a timout, it just hung.  Will load and watch ... 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> can you tell when it happens?

For me it's whenever I try and use an orchard from <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a>

I have commented on his forum thread over on WoB here Discrepancy's are loaded below, with the Production mod on the top of his list of mods.

The image below shows when I even have these start conditions disabled it still happens. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58fa1f565b329_20170422loadorder.jpg.8eddf862ebbdd581ec8af087188a20b1.jpg" data-fileid="2099">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58fa1f565b329_20170422loadorder.jpg.8eddf862ebbdd581ec8af087188a20b1.jpg[/img]</a>