Maritimes Development Thread

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> the crash happened for me whenever the game began the autosave after I had built the Maritimes Prince Edward Islands fishing shacks. Like you, the game basically stopped i.e. it just hangs, until the Fatal Access Violation notification pops up and as usual, after clicking on the notification the whole thing goes CTD.

I do not have Maritimes Trees nor Martimes Riffle installed, however I am using Discrepancy's orchards successfully in this particular settlement. The settlement is not particularly big, I only got the first trading dock set up a few hours or so after making my original post (I can't remember specifically but the population was only just reaching 80-100 adults). I have a small trading post (I think it's from Red or Kid, can't recall) plus Kid's LotsOfSeeds trader in place now.

So, I haven't got a lot of other buildings in place but at present I have three orchards, two of which are using Discrepancy's version and also two out of four cropfields using Discrepancy's cropfield version. I have had no more autosave crashes since re-ordering my load order. I have said before that I have a ton of mods in use, somewhere like 150+ so I do not think it's a problem with the memory cache, RAM allocation or anything else along those lines - I have long loading times but no crashes from trying to run too many mods and there doesn't appear to be any other mod conflicts happening (although I'm going to have to place a lot more buildings from the various mods to really check that).

As mentioned on the other page, I placed all the Maritimes sets above all of Discrepancy's mods with the Prince Edward Islands set above all the other Maritimes mods and this stopped the autosave hang. Can't think of anything more that might be important sorry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

By the way <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> the Riffles set looks spectacular in those examples you posted [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> thanks for writing back, Discrepancy has tried it on his PC and he can't replicate my error either.  I'm not sure what it is.

I've disabled the starting options and it still does it.  Weirdness .. 

Quote:
25 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> thanks for writing back, Discrepancy has tried it on his PC and he can't replicate my error either.  I'm not sure what it is.

I've disabled the starting options and it still does it.  Weirdness .. 

Did you have the crash before running the Riffles mod at all? Because it seems to introduce some new elements into the game, I'm wondering if that's affecting the game behaviour? I don't actually know, just looking at your newest mods as the potential culprit (and perhaps, grasping at straws haha!)

Not sure, brainy is a little fuzzy.  Now that I have played with riffles, I will disable it on the next map and see what happens.

Report:

Found it!  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  It's not a fault or clash with <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> or Discrepancy's mods.

After hours & hours of testing, I found the single mod that was causing the problem!  It certainly lived up to its name.

I remember now, when I added in the last couple of mods from here over Easter I also enabled a couple of the other mods that I'd had disabled for testing other mods ...  I had completely forgotten that this mod hadn't been enabled since 107 update!!  Gah ...  

Shame it's this mod, lol, I enjoyed seeing random wheat & corn popping up around my map!!  I supposed I could enable it and just not use the orchards, and just buy in my fruit & nuts. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I present to you, the Pesky Produce, pesky mod ... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />   By <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/22-owlchemist/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="22" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/22-owlchemist/">@Owlchemist</a>

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58fb655d7385d_20170422pesky.jpg.efc70cfa8f916ac1a958c5b3cc3ae650.jpg[/img]

Weeeeellllll... more confusion... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

I have Pesky Produce enabled, not sure of the version number though <boots up Banished, makes cup of coffee, still waiting for load screen, drinks coffee, looks around for book to read, can't find specific book, starts music player, listens to complete song, still waiting for game to load...> I have exactly the same version as you (ver2 - 1.0.4)

I started a new town earlier today to troubleshoot a crash I was getting whenever I tried to use Natural Diversity, I got that sorted by placing Natural Diversity below all the Maritimes mods however the important point here us that I have Pesky Produce and it is working as intended in game. The first cropfield I planted was pumpkins and twice I have had to clear "wild" pumpkins from around the cropfield.

Ahh, but how did you go with orchards?

I had the produce peskying everywhere, but come trying to use an orchard, nope, cannot do [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

No problem with using orchards and I'm using both the vanilla orchard and Discrepancy's variant. However I don't appear to get any "wild" versions of the orchard trees growing as far as I am aware but to be fair, I don't remember if that was part of the Pesky Produce effect and if it is, I haven't really checked for it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/blush@2x.png 2x" title=":$" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> did you manage to get the seasonMaterial to work in the end?

I just had an interesting idea that could make parts of meshes only show up at 0C or below. I haven't tested it yet, but I think it could work. The idea would be to make the default texture for this part of the mesh transparent. Then you give it a material that does transparency, and also does snow mapping (I think the foliageMaterial is the only one that does both, but I'm not sure). Then the trick is, instead of referring to the default snow texture in the 'snow' part of the .rsc, you refer to another texture file that contains the actual image you want that part of the mesh to have.

I'll see if I can test this if I have the time somewhere this week, but I just wanted to share it before I forget it again [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> What a conundrum you guys have. I have no idea why these crashes would occur, nor do I have any idea why the maritimes needs to be above any other mods that also have all the new things associated with them. I had a look through the code for the PEI Shore and there is nothing in there that stands out as something that could cause a crash, it is all unique to those buildings (i.e. no links to other template files). Maybe something deep inside the code is from an old version or something, it is possible that with all the updates to the game lately something hasn't followed along. I guess the only thing I can really do is re-build all mods and make sure everything is up to date. 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> nope I didn't try again, I will do though. That sounds like an interesting idea. It would be cool to get a nice ice texture to show up on water during the winter. 

Oh and those reeds are pretty cool, mind mixing up the heights of them for decorations so we can have them go down a river bank? So we can place them at lower levels and they are low to the ground.

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>, while these troubles for me do have the PEI set as an important factor, rearranging the load order sorted it out and after I had reread Bartenders instructions for Natural Diversity for the third time I finally "registered" the section where he specifically states that Natural Diversity needs to be below any mods the change forest resource conditions - these are specifically my problems with load order, not problems by you or <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a>

So in short, I don't think your PEI set is the root cause of the problems and I really hate the idea of making you go back over the mod again to try and bugfix something that can be sorted out by having a good mod order, something we are all familiar with (and only becomes a problem when you're someone like me, greedy for the mods, and have dozens of them installed).

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> seems to be having a problem unique to her in that we can't seem to replicate it - and if anyone should be able to replicate it's probably someone like me who's crammed so many mods in from different game builds, it still amuses and surprises me that the game runs at all. I really have abused it terribly but if anything good comes from that, I suppose that it is the proof that many of these mods will work together if installed properly and placed in a good load order.