Maritimes Development Thread

So while those are up for testing, I had a little play today and realized that these buildings, while I thought they looked pretty large, are actually quite dinky compared with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>! The <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> dock buildings are much chunkier than the PEI Shore Fishers. Nothing wrong with that, just different styles, but it did make me realize that, although I am keen to get on with the level 2 (the testing ones above) and level 3 (offshore fishers) sets, I really need a few more little buildings here and there to fill out the Level 1 set. So between turkey naps today I whipped together a couple of storage buildings, experimenting also with height above water.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/L1Storage01.jpg.140ddb3cadefb707d9fce3ed7d123246.jpg[/img]

The building on the left, the frame with roof, is a protein store. It will be called a shellfish raft or something. It is designed with the idea that your bannies can take the shellfish that they harvest from the small PEI shore fishers, string them up in nets (the red bits) and hang them in the water to keep them alive and fresh for when they can be eaten.

The building on the right is a dry storage, for tools, clothing, textiles etc. Just a place that means they don't have to travel a long way to pick up these sorts of things.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/L1Storage02.jpg.70d0947f3f4019d5c0d1ec3e81e0732d.jpg[/img]

I am thinking of also adding a seaweed rack for vegetables, and a small wood and firewood storage for the smaller L1 set. There will also be larger barns and versions of these for the L2 set.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/L1Storage03.jpg.b86ad1a2465edeef452580898b80280d.jpg[/img]

You might notice in comparison to that shore fisher in the last picture that I was a little bit more extreme with the overhang of the roof. I thought I would try it as in game the shore fishers look quite boxy, and I think this solves that. I might go back to them and adjust them slightly to give the roofs a bit more overhang and perhaps bring the sides in a bit.

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>

Just a quick post that may explain the wild flax situation you mentioned earlier. That flax is. I believe. coded completely differently to the flax from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. The wild flax and the associated cultivated flax in tanypredator's mod are used exclusively for making linen clothes and are not usable for anything else as far as I am aware.

NECORA you are doing a great job. Don't worry about the time it'll take to do a full release. realistically i don't expect your mod or PILGRIM's colonial mod to be released for a month or so.  

Personally i would rather you take time and do a good complete mod. if it takes longer thats fine. also theres the new <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> thats being finished to add also. i like that you put pieces of the mod out,and the pics also to tell us how it is coming. sometimes modders start and get frustrated or life gets busy and they disappear with unfinished mods. by doing the small releases,you let ppl know u are making progress.hopefully others will download them and test for you. thier feedback would be quite handy to tweak details and productions. keep doing what you are doing and don't get rushed. hopefully you are able to split the mod into parts so it is easier for you to work with and then easier to put them all together in 1 complete mod set later.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>is this latest version safe to overwrite the last version from yesterday?  Or is a new map in order? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

BTW - love your work!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> if you delete all the structures it might be OK, but I think I compiled the mod a bit differently so I'm not 100 % sure. I'm going to have to start remembering to save my testing games to see if the updates are save game compatible

I just swapped the files over without deleting the buildings, lets see what happens next ...  haha

I will just say, I am looking forward to the new fisheries. I love the shore gatherers and all the new resources they bring. Not to mention I have been looking for more Canadian content for a while.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/153-feneris/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="153" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/153-feneris/">@Feneris</a> Thanks. I am looking forward to them too! Yeah I wanted more new world buildings, and there are so many fantastic ones around here I thought they would make a great addon to the game. If you have any suggestions from elsewhere in Canada let me know and I'll try and incorporate them somehow!

Development log... After texturing bigger buildings as part of the row house project, I got frustrated using the texture map method of getting all textures in a 1024x1024 png. I decided to try out a new method, and thanks to <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> for answering my technical(ish) questions, I think I'm getting the hang of it. I decided to try a new building, this was originally a simple barn but turned into my larger milk pen and barn idea. This is the lower portion, with one texture for a milk pen and one for a general stable (not sure which is which yet).

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/CrystalCliffs01.jpg.e044e08071066379705778c73b49021e.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/CrystalCliffs02.jpg.534fad54b648b3132aeae1cc560a5ffe.jpg[/img]

The idea is that these form the ground level, and a barn gets placed on top. I decided to add roofs to them so that they can also be used as stand alone. Stable mimics <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> stable, produces domesticated animals. Milk pen mimics <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> milk pen, takes domesticated animals to build and produces milk. Now onto the barn...

All it needs now is a barn door, some rope, and some build stages...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/CrystalCliffs03.jpg.3af55f691b94994e3c27c993fbfb1df6.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/CrystalCliffs04.jpg.78e49ddc1dff005220fb4a287686bf30.jpg[/img]

Nice, I like the pens