Maritimes Development Thread

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>

Fourth year production figures are two storey, 600 units of mussels and single storey 550, (the water scavenger shows 40 units but in the previous season had collected 110). Over three years were it could achieve full production the numbers are quite consistent. I don't think a figure of 550-600 is a bad number but as you say, for use in early game at a time when food production is critical, it might be considered a little low.

I've only just realized because I was looking at the buildings from one angle for most of the time, I didn't notice the smoke problem you talked about. For the two storey hut, the smoke originates from the same point as the shorter chimney on the one storey hut and not from the top of its taller chimney.

Overall, I'm liking this set a lot, the buildings are unique and the mod appears to be trouble free. If this is your first foray into Banished modding, you've done a damned fine job!

Fourth year screenshot

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/MaritimesMod-002.jpg.4d01d67acd1e15901a42bca22940d416.jpg" data-fileid="337">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/MaritimesMod-002.thumb.jpg.994dbd0d6d4da1ee1e3c3cb5d8cb8d75.jpg[/img]</a>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> Thank you very much. I appreciate the feed back too. With the drop down menu, I guess I didn't update that file in the forge yet. My internet at home is incredibly slow so it is impossible to deal with anything over a couple of kb. 

I have tried to arrange the smoke, but it just wont go. I need to ask a question in the question section...

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> Happy to help, especially when I get to play with a brand new mod! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> 

I'm a bit of a night owl and I had no plans to go to sleep early tonight so it's been very convenient for providing feedback very early on in the mod testing and to get a response from you.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> The last few days have been a bust for me, work wise. We've been hit by snow storm after snow storm, so I just kicked back in front of the fire and tried my hand at making models. Thankfully the power hasn't gone out, but we have another big one coming this eve so we'll see. 

I just changed the file in the download section to make sure it is the new version. I downloaded it and tried it out and I am getting the correct one with drop down and all. Not sure if it is save game compatible, I've not tried and don't know what makes things compatible or not.

Quote:
21 minutes ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> The last few days have been a bust for me, work wise. We've been hit by snow storm after snow storm, so I just kicked back in front of the fire and tried my hand at making models. Thankfully the power hasn't gone out, but we have another big one coming this eve so we'll see. 

I just changed the file in the download section to make sure it is the new version. I downloaded it and tried it out and I am getting the correct one with drop down and all. Not sure if it is save game compatible, I've not tried and don't know what makes things compatible or not.

Ouch! No chance of snow in the parts of Australia I've lived so being snowed in is not something I've experienced. I have had power outages though, got a generator in the shed for that if it happens again... but back to the mods! I'll download the new file and see if it works with a brute force change (as in, I'll paste the new file into the WinData folder to overwrite the old version) to see if that upsets anything. One question though, I can download the updated version from the same location as before?

In an interesting side development, the dredger who was working at the water scavenger decided to gather food for most of the year and then change jobs. The replacement worker has decided not to work at all because his happiness level is too low (half a star whereas the town overall has 4.5 happiness)

EDIT: And being a little slow tonight, I completely missed your reference to the downloads section [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> how about this... 10 F-variants, 5 of each texture. I still think they are a little light, so I might ramp up the contrast and decrease the brightness a bit on both of them.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot68.jpg.ce7e3406e0ea34fe7b3c059bfc501dcc.jpg" data-fileid="341">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot68.thumb.jpg.554e79b934336fde045b9a3650a461d1.jpg[/img]</a><a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot69.jpg.09a7453153bc8b366e1dc0b30b3e7358.jpg" data-fileid="342">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot69.thumb.jpg.3b1fc64198709d4d9961ebb1de70b4e6.jpg[/img]</a>

Funny you should mention happiness, these buildings will provide a small happiness effect, so when you build them in a brand new town they are the only building that does give a happiness effect, and so your bannies flock to them as if they just can't wait to get hold of some scallops.

Did you get the drop down menu?

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> Well... interesting developments and not interesting in a good way but nothing about the mod. My internet connection seems to dislike downloading at the moment and after several tries I cannot get the updates version of Maritimes. It's only 10 after midnight so I will try and download it again... and again...

Stupid thing is, I got the earlier file from your link in this thread without any problem what-so-ever. Now when I try the download section, it just cuts out anywhere between 37 and 47 Meg. And I tell ya' when I see it stop at 47Mb I want to scream "JUST 10 MORE MEG DAMN YOU!" [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/angry.png[/img]/emoticons/angry@2x.png 2x" title=">:(" width="20" />

Gotta laugh at it all... or sob quietly in the corner...

Anyway... about the colours, is it worth trying a darker colour for the roof to provide more contrast? The contrast between the doors and the walls looks quite good to me so I'm wondering if the same would happen between the roof and the walls?

EDIT: I kid you not, I tried nine or ten times to download the new file from the Downloads page and it would die before reaching 48Mb. So I finally realize that there is an alternate link. So I try the Google Drive link - worked first time. Obviously the internet hates me and has decided I spent too much time on the Black Liquid site [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />

Okay, I am up and running with the newest version. I have the drop-down menus and can select between the five food types. Google Drive is my friend...

One result of the testing, an important note although it's a fairly common one when updating some mods - it is necessary to completely remove all structures built with the earlier version before updating to the newer version. I got my first Fatal Access Violation in years! So yeah, it is recommended to delete all buildings before updating a saved game.

I've hit the limit on my storage capacity so I'm going to call it a night (it's 01:24 at the moment so yeah, perhaps time for sleep!) The mod is working without any problems other than the smoke coming from the wrong position on the smallest hut and the two storey hut. I need to do a big expansion of my town to increase housing and food storage so I'll do that and play around with some of the other structures in the mod.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />i have a suggestion that might not work i guess.NECORA,i do realize you are a new modder,but hopefully someone else with greater experience might read this. can the "f" variant be selcected before the building style in the toolbar?? so that say you select a color then it pulls up the buildings and you choose which 1?? it might make it less confusing when placing. now when you place flowers or even the row houses, you have to be careful which "f" variant you have picked. if you choose the "f" 1st then all the buildings you place would have be the same. just a thought</P><P> as to the production yields, i usually figure a 500 average on food per worker. isnt 100% but makes for easy math when playing. if the 2 story has 2 workers then closer to 1000 yield works. of course on mini-mods the yield is usually set lower than the 500. then again those yields may also depend on the starting climate setting.</P><P> as to conflicts with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,it might be useful to post on the mod download page if the mod has to be placed above or below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. if it works either way then what changes might occur if it is above or below should be listed. say below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> changes the yields,then on the mod page add a line or 2. that way other players who just pull up the mod page can be informed. as well as its all on 1 page in case someone finds this mod months or years from now.</P>

Gratuitous Image Time!

I love the covered walkways and plan on using them anywhere where it will look good.

For example, one family decided to make their own footbridge across the creek. They didn't want to get wet by wading through the stream and they decided they didn't want to get wet if it rained. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

The bridge is made from two of the 1x3 sections of the jetty.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/MaritimesMod-003.thumb.jpg.36aeb1a524accdfdcf2fbaa65c611f8c.jpg[/img]