Maritimes Development Thread

BETA TEST ANNOUNCEMENT!

In the links at the end of this message you will find Maritimes 105 - Beta.

This next update adds a range of buildings aimed at increasing early production, especially forestry, and has been named the Pine Set.

Beta Testers - I want you to please report back to me on all aspects of the mod, any mistakes/bugs/improvements/suggestions but focusing on the following details:-

>>> Production Numbers.

>>> Production Chains - Can you complete them? How long does it take?

>>> Crop numbers for Flax and Hemp.

>>> Compatibility with other mods.

This is a beta test - it will not be save game compatible with previous maritimes versions. I also cannot account for any issues with other save games or mods, so don't use it on a save game that you are particularly attached to!

Enjoy!

DropBox Download --->> https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3o6dfhjxp3gd5...s.pkm?dl=0

Google Drive Download --->> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2nh4i...FQ1MHZGblk

More Information about the Test...

I posted the last message in a bit of a hurry, so here is some more information for anyone who tests this.

>> I plan to keep the beta test up for a week for feedback, longer if necessary.

>> Any major issues, I will update the beta ASAP. Other things will be added to the list and included in the final release.

>> Pine Trapper - Currently this building functions as a hunter lodge, as I have not got around to incorporating fur etc. That will come with the new release.

>> Pine Cabins - I am planning to add upgrades to these to increase family size and warmth etc.

>> Capacity and production - Please compare against other mods and let me know if there is anything too far out of line.

>> Take screenshots... and lots of them!

>> I can't think of anything else right now!

issues?? i have issues....some may be my own fault or my comps. the buildings seem overly dark?? especially the PR set. could the PR have a lighter color vaiant?the mill does not have to be set over wat for the wheel to work.the PR woodcutter only makes lumber no firewood,by design???

i had to use the wifes comp to download this and the new <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. no idea why google and dropbox don't like me. even had tried to grab them vai steam,i hate them. that did nothing but cost time and aggravate me with them more.i did recheck my graphic settings since steam likes to take over. it aint just your buildings,thou the port royal is the darkest.at least i have a version to try

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> thank you, downloading now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Any known issues we should keep in mind (footprints, etc, have they been updated), or anything you know is definitely buggy so we should be looking at?

Or, go in with some blind testings, and just see what happens naturally?

Either way .... new map, here I come [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> well I tried to list everything I could think of, but probably forgot it all so just see what happens! 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> Port Royal is quite a dark texture anyhow, but it shouldn't be too bad as there is no AO on those buildings. If you could post a screen shot of it against another building in the set I can compare. I will put a new AO on those buildings at some point, which will add shadows, so when I do that I might brighten up that texture anyway otherwise it will be too dark. And good catch about the mill, forgot to add the water squares to it. PR cutter is just lumber, it was originally going to be firewood as well but because I wanted to make it slow, that would be pretty pointless for firewood. Unfortunately, you can only control the speed of production for the whole building, not individual resources.

Can't talk, loading game ... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Stupid question <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>can I confirm that the "Pine Hunter", that will work in any area, and will build with normal materials, it's just the texture matches the Pine set?

Or, it requires the pine wood?  

I am in the process of setting up the camps at the moment, and wasn't sure if there was more than 1 hunter needed in any area that overlaps?

Also, I can confirm that the footprints on the Tailor has been fixed on this version [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  I can now place it on a road.

I'll post some screenshots when I have more to add. 

BTW - Love the models, and the colours, they are very high quality, great work!!!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> thanks! Yeah the pine hunter is a regular hunter with a new model to fit the set. It can be used anywhere on the map, as the normal hunter can. The trapper currently works the same way too, although that will eventually be limited to pine and maple forests only, when I add the fur and game.

Quote:
12 hours ago, Necora said:

As for the clothing, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a>, the production chains and ingredients needed will remain the same, only the name of the clothing would change. It is like the building supplies, you have a range of different combinations of raw materials, all producing the same product, building supplies. Building supplies is the same regardless of what you used to make it. The same would be done of clothing, so you would have the option of using leather, wool, reeds+feathers, canvas, linen etc., but instead of producing a separate new clothing instance for each one (leather coat, wool coat, survival coat) they would all produce 'basic clothing' (or warm, fancy depending on what was used). The trade values will be the same, as clothing trade value is in three categories anyway, despite the different types. You also will not get changes in production rates that you mentioned <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> because under the hood it is all the same, just naming them for the category rather than individual instances.

Haha so this is as more about my perception of what's happening than what is actually happening! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Interesting how the mind works... or doesn't work in my case [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" /> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Hey . I beg and plead for help. I am writing here because it's a lot of images or scenes of "Banished" I noticed some error in the Maritimes beta105. I have scenes.jpg on the computer how to upload here? Which means : Drad files here to attach , or choose files -or you can be by the attachment upload pictures of "Banished"? What should I do next ? Do you need to istall a program? - I do not know ? I beg and plead for help I want to share my comments with you. I'm waiting for a quick answer - what's next !![img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

<ul style="margin:0px;padding:0px;list-style:none;color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"><li style="vertical-align:middle;margin-right:15px;">

</li>
</ul>