Maritimes Development Thread

And here it is for a BETA test if anyone is interested.

Please give me feed back on how easy/hard it is to complete the chain, and whether the amount of food produced/time the boats last is suitable for the cost (currently 1 dory worth 100). If I add nets etc., it won't increase the input value too much as they will probably only be worth 5 each.

This is not compatible with save games that have the current NSInshore release loaded. It should be perfectly compatible with all other mods, and you'll need a dock set of some sort (maritimes... hint hint [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> ) to give access to the boats.

Oh and let me know how long the boats do last.

Enjoy!

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1912" data-fileid="1912">MaritimesNSInshore.pkm</a>

Very impressive Necora!

Quote:
19 hours ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> I MADE IT WORK AND I'M SO EXCITED.

Loading up your mod and seeing that everything finally works exactly as intended is one of those feelings that can make your whole day [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/happy.png[/img]/emoticons/happy@2x.png 2x" title="^_^" width="20" />.

I love this idea, it looks great to have all these fishing boats next to the docks!

So the pine set had a bug in the flax that caused it to crash when it was spawned in the forest. I've fixed that, so it is good to go again with out any issues.

With the new fishing boats, I've added a few resources. Now there are fishing nets, lines, traps, and tackle. Each one is used to build different boats for different fish species. Nets + dory for a shrimp or herring boat, lines + dory for a mackerel boat, traps + dory for a lobster boat, and tackle + dory for a tuna boat. The buildings that used to be the fisheries have now been changed to produce these items.

I'm toying with the idea of making the traps and nets etc. consumables in the production of the fish instead of/as well as a build cost.

With the recent update to the Pine Set, I now consider that part of the Maritimes Collection to be complete, at least content wise. I can't think of anything else that can be added to the set, and if I do, it will be buildings here and there so instead of an update I'll put them up as individual add-ons. I do expect at least one more update for the set though, a balancing one, after I've left it out there for a while to get feedback from people and to play it through myself to see how it all works.

So what is next? Where does that leave the collection? The pine set was quite the detour, from needing a few simple resources like pitch and turpentine, to a whole forest themed set to build a self sustaining town around these resources. Now, you can see in the last few posts, I am thinking about the fisheries and other aspects of the collection again.

There are 3 things I want to do now.

1 - sort out the Port Royal pieces which have been somewhat neglected lately and still need to be released modular. I was putting these off, mainly because they pretty much need to be rebuilt with everything I have learnt. That was a great thing about the pine set, making a complete theme, I have learnt a lot. I have also added a lot of basic resources like tools and clothing which make the whole thing seem a lot more complete. I can now use these things in the Port Royal set, and when it is released, I hope it will be as complete a mod as the pine set is turning out to be. It will be a lot of work, but keep your eyes here for updates soon.

2 - get Sherbrooke Village up to standard. The houses I added not long ago were a great addition, now we need a few more types. Also, with the new resources from the pine set and new ideas with the inshore fishery, things like the blacksmith and tailor of the Sherbrooke set are rather empty in terms of things they can produce. All new tools and clothing will be added to them, and new industry will also be added to complement this such as a weaver, more mills for various things, and any more I can think of that would go nicely in a small town setting. Expect some bigger buildings to be coming your way sometime soon.

3 - Add to the NS inshore fishery. More decorations, more buildings, more fun. I am planning a few additions to this set before the proper release mainly including more trade post options. I want a bigger general trader than the PEI trader, and also some specialized traders for some of the new flags. A seeds trader, animal trader, food trader, a trader for fabrics, textiles, and crafted goods, a trader for materials, ores, construction goods. I have re-purposed the current fishery buildings for making fishing supplies, but maybe I will change that and use some of them as a base for the trading posts. 

As a follow up the the last post, I have had a start at the Port Royal set. So far, the blacksmith and bakery have been re-built.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PR01.jpg.624c13a4a7745f4d15e75c388956dd07.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PR02.jpg.e8a42846e9453608f7455a4d0a5b3541.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PR03.jpg.d2e36a57b7f93c842adbe1b718914eb6.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PR04.jpg.55f38d99397885b9d2d77f9fcd306d50.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PR05.jpg.52ba969562f33a7689fd559775247625.jpg[/img]

I have also been playing with the two level houses to smarten them up a bit and stop overlapping textures from coming out funky in game. Now they fit the tiles exactly from left to right, and only overhang on the front and back.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PortRoyalHouse1.jpg.aea3aed166e3b868aafa0c1ada1fc10f.jpg" data-fileid="1933">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PortRoyalHouse1.thumb.jpg.fc65df69a2076668563debfcd192f341.jpg[/img]</a><a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PortRoyalHouse2.jpg.3e23da22094017051ba557dc2aaeeaf3.jpg" data-fileid="1934">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PortRoyalHouse2.thumb.jpg.d0f26c8f9e5146c3f65e10034816288f.jpg[/img]</a><a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PortRoyalHouse3.jpg.891e3cc53c7aed3db30a4fa4b7a1d22d.jpg" data-fileid="1935">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PortRoyalHouse3.thumb.jpg.4b1d9eae85588440bdd8a80b8b21b1d4.jpg[/img]</a>

I'll be blunt, I don't like the idea of having to rebuild the inshore fishers every 100 cycles at all. I'm very much a person that likes to build the chain and then not have to worry about managing it. I do however like the idea of it being a boat. It fits.

Also about the pine forester, would it be possible to turn pine resin into pine pitch? Right now the pitch is just more useful to me. 

I like the new look of the buildings [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

Last night I made some in game screenshots to take inspiration for my mod from the splendid works of Discrepancy, and I noticed that your trees <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> are very nice also in the foreground!!!

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/screen.jpg.c2d8b63d485cec970648f98a78f04d3c.jpg" data-fileid="1947">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/screen.thumb.jpg.642bf9f6a060716b9a343ccc3d4c3f5d.jpg[/img]</a>

I like these trees! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> great stuff! It is amazing what some time and effort in the texturing can do, to get them to look crisp zoomed in. Makes a huge difference. I want to try the zoom hack (never tried it before) because I think there will be some great shots to be taken with all the new natural resources coming out. Just waiting for <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> ... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Oh, and aren't those wood choppers by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> just so fantastic? By far my favorite little additions to the game, and the main reason why i refused to make a small wood chopper because they are so perfect I didn't want to do them again. I did make one in the end, out of hate of the vanilla one, but made it a simple stump.