Maritimes Development Thread

Yes, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> has done a superb job in his "Small Village: Production". That mod is full of masterpices! The Water Pump, the Windmill, the Kitchen... simply amazing!!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462daff15b0_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic620.png[/img]

I'm getting close [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />! It seems that I am nowhere near as productive as you though, the rate at which you keep cranking out all this high quality stuff is very impressive!

Necora, 

I have been playing with the newly released Pine Set. Really like it and the trees look great. It seems the Pine Set overwrites the vanilla trees on some of the starts which is interesting. I like the look. 

I encountered a problem with the pine pitch kiln. It seems really overpowered. In one year with a collection of 140 pine boughs, it created 2255 charcoal. That is a lot of charcoal. Also while the charcoal is being stored as fuel (which it should be), it is not using the fuel limits. Also it is listed as industrial fuel on the building interface but is not using that limit. Not shown on the attached image is originally I had the fuel limit at 500 for firewood, and the charcoal blew past that without stopping.

I am using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> as well as a bunch of other mods.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/charcoal.thumb.jpg.3aadc999b8d574c24a486f3f122c72c3.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/fuel.thumb.jpg.fe93d1c313b33fdc03482870697c4fe5.jpg[/img]

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8240" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/">@Raerae</a> thanks for stopping by!

Yup the trees in the pine set will replace vanilla trees. I decided to do a full set, not just the spruce, fur, and pine, because with a mash of mine and vanilla it looks a bit odd, they just don't match. Now we have a complete set [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

The issue you are getting with Charcoal is I believe due to the way it is coded differently in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and the Pine Set. I don't want to call it a conflict, because it doesn't crash or anything, but it does result in funky things occurring. I admit I didn't check all resources to make sure my values are the same as <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, and I think with Charcoal I just assumed it was the same as firewood. In <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, it is coded to produce 45/55 units of charcoal each time one is made, in the Pine Set it is 3/4! This means that if you have <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> above the Pine Set in your load order, it will produce 45/55 units of charcoal for every 3 Pine Boughs! But with the Pine Set on top, it will produce 3/4 units of charcoal for every 3 pine boughs. So with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> on top, the pitch kiln will be overpowered rather substantially, where as with the Pine Set on top, then anything that produces charcoal from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> will be very, very under-powered. So keep that in mind when choosing what buildings to use. I'll try and adjust it for the next update, whenever that will be, so that they are in line and don't break each other.

As for the storage flags, the charcoal in the pine set is set as 'Industrial Fuel', where as I believe in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> it is flagged as 'Wood Fuel'. So if you have <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> above in the mod list, then it will be classed as a wood fuel. This shouldn't effect production, it will mean that the building just won't stop producing when the limit for wood fuel is reached. In the Pine Set, I am using charcoal as the main fuel rather than industrial fuel in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, so that is why I used that resource limit for it. I don't want it to be burned in homes. I am compiling a list of differences between the two sets, so will add this to it.

Thanks for the explanation. I do have <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> above your mods so that explains the issue. Other than the charcoal everything else seems to be working great. I started the pine forest to be able to make maple syrup, then discovered I could use firewood. I do like the way the pines look in contrast to the maples so worth it for that. Just ended up with way to much charcoal. 

The new trees are really gorgeous. 

Woot, got time to have a play through today and am finding my feet all over again!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> loving all the work you have put into your mods, as you know I have been a champion of your work, encouraging you where I can and annoying you when I shouldn't (oops [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> ), so I figured I'd dive in on the Pine Set today.

2 things (1 of which may be a <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> & you question)

1)  The Pine Lodges don't have the mouseover for the upgrade details when the stage 1 house has been built.  I know you fixed it on the other house (the small ones), but the Pine Lodges don't have the mouseover

2)  It used to be (or at least I thought so) that the eggs that the Pine Trapper produce were able to be used across the BL & your mods, so when I came to building my Chicken Pens in the BL Dock set (requires 12 eggs), I thought the eggs that the Trapper produced would be used.  They have not been.  I have chicken pens frozen in building and over 200 eggs in the local storage.  (Hence tagging Kralyerg as I wasn't sure if you had or hadn't shared the resources

I can't comment on the rest of the chain as I'm building my way through, but I'm really happy with it so far.

Notes:

-- Necora's Pine Set is loaded above <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> & <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>

-- The Pine Set (V103) is loaded above all of the Necora mods, with only his Maritimes Tree mod loaded higher

-- Banished is up to date with the current Beta

-- <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is 175

-- Valleys / <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large / <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Mild / Disasters Off / <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Northern Pines - Easy

Hey <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> welcome back, not heard you around these parts for a while!

Righty-o I'll add the description to the list of things to do.

As for eggs, they very much should work, unless I did something stupid like change the name of the raw material from 'egg' to 'eggs', which I very well might have. I'll have to fire up <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and see how it is named in there. Do you have two instances of egg in your inventory?

Hiya <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Glad to be back [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I have just checked and I only have 2 instances of "Eggs" in the Small Pine Town Hall.

1 is a little basket of eggs

1 is a clump of eggs 7, in a little flower shape

Hope that helps [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> that does help, silly me at some point changed the file name from 'Egg' to 'Eggs'. So the basket of eggs probably will not work for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> stuff, but the ring of eggs should... the ring of eggs is 'Eggs' coming from the Crystal Cliffs set I believe, which is the same as <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. I'll add it to the list of things to be fixed!

The Port Royal part of the collection is coming along... slowly. So far the Tailor has been added to the list of re-worked buildings along with the Bakery and Blacksmith. I have used clothing and tools from the Pine Set to fill out the choice in the tailor and blacksmith, and added lots of different yummy bread options for the bakery.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PR06.jpg.39fea9bd210736550a709ba75705b2d3.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PR07.jpg.07915e0a17caf81802eef4dc95a514b0.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PR08.jpg.bae16acc04d21ff98258c7105b11268a.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/PR09.jpg.bca370d93ac4f136ed56298abb84edb1.jpg[/img]